Thread: Should DTs have torment effects like Conqs?

Default Should DTs have torment effects like Conqs?

Should DTs have torment effects like Conqs?

Conqs have torrment effects and wreck effect.
    Basically if a dt and a conq fight with equal skill the conq should win just because of his quick applying of torment effects. (disregard bubbles)

So should DT also have this one power?

Better give less to conqs imho ^^
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

give them a ruin too, both spiritual and physical, and a physical wrack.

ps; please stop posting, you're like ringofset.

DT`s have something similar if i remember correct, dont know name of combo, barbs have something,..all classes have something to weaken target,,

sounds like u want all classes to have exactly the same combos,abilities,perks whatever..sighhh..

i agree with person above me, stop posting its just silly

Dread Shadow affects target with Spiritual Ruin.
    Unhallowed Blight affects traget with Spiritual Wrack.

Soldiers in general shouldn't have much debuffing power, it's already extremly wrong that a conq alone can be a debuffing machine.

Debuffing should be the edge of rogues and mages, which focus on dealing damages, and debuffing armor and protection is a direct way to increase the damages dealt.

Having access to more debuffs than X does not necessarily means you deal more damage than X, it means you need to debuff to reach your top damage (when other players are'nt here to debuff for you).

In the case of the DT, even though DT does not have access to much debuffs it stills out damages conq (or at least is at the same level)... which means he doesn't need to debuff to do great damage. Isn't that a good thing ?

@Mellaus : giving debuffing to more support oriented classes like it is the case with Priests and Conqs makes also sense.

@general conq related complaints : problem with the conq post patch is certainly not that he can debuff (he already could before patch after all and the conq was not branded OP then). Part of the problem that was introduced with the revamp goes actually the other way around : that most of the setup the conq needed to do to do the best of his damage has been removed (no need to stack FI for weapon damage or to feed Bladeweave, no need to stack Colossus of War), making the conq faster it terms of damage dealing.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

conqs have. . .
    physical torment
    elemental torment
    physical wreck
    Also depending on the speed it procs, a conq can lay down 3 torments in about one combo avg. So it doesn't take long to reach max damage. Not to mention wreck on top of that.

dt has
    spiritual wreck = which works only with half of your damage type(big deal)
    Last edited by throughthedoor; 7th October 2013 at 02:32.

Well DTs also have this lovely thing called VoM and can dish out stupid bursts. Class itself could use few more tools(and VoM nerf) but another debuff... I don't know, I don't even debuff on my DT most of the time (there is a lot of PoMs on Fury)
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    conqs have. . .
    physical torment
    elemental torment
    physical wreck
    Also depending on the speed it procs, a conq can lay down 3 torments in about one combo avg. So it doesn't take long to reach max damage. Not to mention wreck on top of that.
    Don't forget physical ruin as well.

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    Basically if a dt and a conq fight with equal skill the conq should win just because of his quick applying of torment effects.
    Conq wins because he have retributive attacks up 40% of the time that kills DT.

Seriously, there is no reason to add torment debuffs to DT. Unless it was added to a revamped BS/SK (so you cannot have VOM up at the same time). DT is powerful enough as it is.