Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How to move the 'CharPortraitRight'

Quote Originally Posted by Mairenne View Post
    Will this work with Stonerune?
    The method will still work, but the contents of the files may be different (as in the order of elements is different) and thus the changes you will need to make will differ as well. It really depends on the modifications (if any) Stonerune makes to the base file.
    Last edited by Petridish; 10th October 2013 at 07:34.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Mairenne View Post
    Will this work with Stonerune? I'm not too savvy on the files in the UI folders and, well, anywhere in the Funcom directory other than screenshots and scripts.

I'd love to move some things around mentioned in this thread, but if having a mod UI means I can't, then phooey.
    Any modified UI, whether Stonerune or your own, has to have a Customized folder and file structure similar to the Default one. Thus, if you check your files, you should find the following path: age of conan/data/gui/customized/views/HUD. In the HUD folder, you will have the .xml files that were modified for Stonerune. These should include the bottombar, HUDview, CharPortraitLeft, CharPortraitRight, etc. etc. You should be able to move and/or modify elements in these files as described above. However, they may interact with other elements in different ways, so it's hard to predict the outcome.

The best thing to do, before trying anything, is to make a backup copy of your customized folder (you can keep it in the same location, just call it customized_copy, or customized1, or whatever). That way, if something gets screwed up and you can't find your way out, you can always copy the original file back.

Also, keep in mind, if Stonerune is updated, and you decide to update your version, you will lose any of the modifications you made yourself. Best thing is to keep a note someplace of what files you modified and how, so you can quickly redo them in the future if needed.

GL

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234