Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to move the 'CharPortraitRight'

kinlock, you are deleting the compiled versions of the files you are changing right (i.e. the corresponding .bxml files)?

otherwise the changes do not propagate into the game
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    kinlock, you are deleting the compiled versions of the files you are changing right (i.e. the corresponding .bxml files)?

otherwise the changes do not propagate into the game
    Well, I never delete the .bxml file and the changes do update for me. But no harm in trying. Hope it works.

Sweet!

Anyone know how to remove the borders from the fullsize map?

I had some free time so I tried it, worked perfectly, thank you GeneralFear

http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=1...3420384260.jpg

Great! Glad it worked for you. BTW, I liked your idea so much, I did something similar with my UI (only my target portrait is on the left, rather than right):

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/o...picture001.jpg

You know what I can't understand, is why I am able to move my portraits just like the 2 posted ss above this post. ^ When I follow the instructions and make the changes to the codes, my char port is right there in the middle. But when I try to raise my main hotbar, like you have it, Generalfear, nothing happens.

So I know I am doing everything correctly if I am able to move my portraits around to anywhere i want. And that is starting to make me think there is more to raising the main hotbar than just changing that 1 number from 0 to 110.

Also, I can move my portraits, increase/decrease buff sizes(via another thread in this section) without copying every file in default/gui/views/hud to the custom/gui/views/hud as suggested from an earlier post here. I only needed to copy the 1 file, make the changes to code, save, reloadui, and it worked.

But I still can't raise my main hotbar.

Well, that's strange. I just did another test with my ui. Here's the bottombar file I edited:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
    <!-- $Change: 350080 $ (must be within the first 200 characters of the file) -->
    <View xmlns:template="template.dtd" xmlns:nocreate="nocreate.dtd" view_layout="horizontal" v_alignment="BOTTOM" _view_flags="WID_HANDLE_MOUSE" layout_borders="Rect(0,0,0,310)">
    <template:ShortcutView layout_borders="Rect(0,0,0,0)"
    out_of_range_bitmap="icons/outofrange_icon.tga"
    icon_spacing = "2"
    slot_template="SlotTemplate">
    <template:ItemSlotView template:name="SlotTemplate"
    layout_borders="Rect(2,0,2,0)"
    slot_size = "Point(47,47)"
    icon_borders = "Point(0,0)"
    max_zoom="1.0"
    gfx_background=""
    />
    </template:ShortcutView>

The only thing I did was to change the last number in the layout borders from 110-310. When I reloadui in game, this is the effect:

http://i382.photobucket.com/albums/o...picture001.jpg

So, it definitely works for me. Scratching my head to think if I did something in another file too. The only other file I could think of that might have an impact would be the HUDview file. But, when I checked it, I couldn't see anything obvious.

Will keep looking into it, though, and if I find something else, will post here.

P.S. I notice in the file there are two lines in a row referencing the layout borders... not sure if you edited the first one or the second. Maybe you can check that.
    Last edited by GeneralFear; 8th October 2013 at 16:36.

Ok, I see what's been wrong now.
    Here is a piece of the original unaltered file.

....view_layout="horizontal" v_alignment="BOTTOM" _view_flags="WID_HANDLE_MOUSE">
    <template:ShortcutView layout_borders="Rect(0,0,0,0)"
    out_of_range_bitmap="icons/outofrange_icon.tga"
    icon_spacing = "2"
    slot_template="SlotTemplate">
    <template:ItemSlotView template:name="SlotTemplate"

There is 1 extra line of code in your customized version that is not in the original code. It wasn't in mine.

This works if I add the line "layout_borders="Rect(0,0,0,110)">" after it says ="WID_HANDLE_MOUSE". Like this below.

....view_flags="WID_HANDLE_MOUSE" layout_borders="Rect(0,0,0,110)">
    <template:ShortcutView layout_borders="Rect(0,0,0,0)".....

Thanks GeneralFear for noticing the 2 lines of code and mentioning that in ur last post. And again, thanks for all your effort and time and knowledge! You truly are awesomesauce!

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/...ps16050579.png
    Last edited by kinlock; 8th October 2013 at 18:44.

Whew! I modified that file a while ago, and don't remember actually adding that command, though that's what I must have done.

Anyway, I'm glad we were able to toubleshoot that one. Now, go enjoy the game with your new ui mod. General's order, lol!

Will this work with Stonerune? I'm not too savvy on the files in the UI folders and, well, anywhere in the Funcom directory other than screenshots and scripts.

I'd love to move some things around mentioned in this thread, but if having a mod UI means I can't, then phooey.
    Conqueror Mairenne ~ Guardian Isabetha ~ Dark Templar Adayna
    Ranger Annalici ~ Barbarian Cailannah ~ Assassin Kaidha
    Necromancer Laylesi, Stirmatka ~ Demonologist Mavash ~ Herald of Xotli Nebithet
    Priest of Mitra Siracus ~ Tempest of Set Millah ~ Bear Shaman Yasuyin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast