Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to move the 'CharPortraitRight'

If I want to move my main hotbar up so that I can fit my 2 additional hotbars under it, like you have in your pic, do I have to change each element of the UI? If so, do you remember which ones I need to change and is it all located in that same bottombar file?

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    If I want to move my main hotbar up so that I can fit my 2 additional hotbars under it, like you have in your pic, do I have to change each element of the UI? If so, do you remember which ones I need to change and is it all located in that same bottombar file?
    It's very easy to raise the bottom bar as I did. You need to edit the bottombar.xml file. Right at the top of the file, you will see the following lines:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
    <!-- $Change: 350080 $ (must be within the first 200 characters of the file) -->
    <View xmlns:template="template.dtd" xmlns:nocreate="nocreate.dtd" view_layout="horizontal" v_alignment="BOTTOM" _view_flags="WID_HANDLE_MOUSE" layout_borders="Rect(0,0,0,110)">

You need to change the last number in the brackets of the layout_borders line. I changed it to 110, but you can go more or less to suit your own preferences.

Character portraits are fixed relative to the position of the bottom bar, so if you move the bottom bar, they will move with it. Things like the pet command bar and the sin shard bar also move appropriately.
    Last edited by GeneralFear; 6th October 2013 at 00:18.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralFear View Post
    It's very easy to raise the bottom bar as I did. You need to edit the bottombar.xml file. Right at the top of the file, you will see the following lines:

<!-- $Change: 350080 $ (must be within the first 200 characters of the file) -->
    <View xmlns:template="template.dtd" xmlns:nocreate="nocreate.dtd" view_layout="horizontal" v_alignment="BOTTOM" _view_flags="WID_HANDLE_MOUSE" layout_borders="Rect(0,0,0,110)">

You need to change the last number in the brackets of the layout_borders line. I changed it to 110, but you can go more or less to suit your own preferences.

Character portraits are fixed relative to the position of the bottom bar, so if move the bottom bar, they will move with it.
    You are a rock star!!!
    Thank you SOOOO much.

edit: Hello, I'm back. Changing that number to 110 did not make any changes I noticed. I have the correct file, placed it in Gui/Customized/Views/HUD folder. Then typed /reloadui in game. Nothing. Tried relogging, reloading game.
    I'll take another look, but I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions correctly.
    I also tried 150, 200, 50. No change.
    Being in fullscreen mode or windowed wouldn't make any difference, right?
    Last edited by kinlock; 6th October 2013 at 02:21.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe the changes you made were not updating the .xml file?

I don't how you updated it. I right click on the file name, open it with Wordpad, make the update, and then save the file. You can check to make sure the change was properly updated by left clicking on the updated .xml file to see it in your browser (can't edit in this view). You should see the new number. If you don't see anything in the file, something wasn't done right.

I did a test by updating the number, and the change took effect in my game, so I'm pretty sure it's the right way to do it.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

P.S. not sure you have the right file path. It needs to be as follows: age of conan/data/gui/customized/views/HUD
    Last edited by GeneralFear; 6th October 2013 at 03:16.

I appreciate you taking the time to try and help me.
    The changes are being saved. I open with wordpad as well, save changes, reopen it and see the changes still there. Also I open it in a browser and see the changes there as well.
    file is in (age of conan/data/gui/customized/views/HUD)
    alt tab back to game, type /reloadui, and nothing.

<View xmlns:template="template.dtd" xmlns:nocreate="nocreate.dtd" view_layout="horizontal" v_alignment="BOTTOM" _view_flags="WID_HANDLE_MOUSE">
    <template:ShortcutView layout_borders="Rect(0,0,0,120)"

^^^This is what I changed^^^^

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Do I need to delete the old bottombar file that I copied from the Default folder?

edit: Well, deleting the original bottombar file in the Default folder doesn't do the trick either. After typing reloadui the action bar disappeared with that file deleted.
    I can confirm 100% that the changes i am making are being saved in the xml file.
    Last edited by kinlock; 6th October 2013 at 13:38.

Well, the only other thing I can think of is... Have you copied all the files from the default/HUD folder into the customized folder, or just the bottombar file? Even though you're not editing the other files, they contain information that needs to be in the same folder. Other than that, I can't figure out why it wouldn't work when it does for me... perhaps someone else has an explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralFear View Post
    Well, the only other thing I can think of is... Have you copied all the files from the default/HUD folder into the customized folder, or just the bottombar file? Even though you're not editing the other files, they contain information that needs to be in the same folder.
    I did not copy all the HUD files, just the bottombar.xml. I will do that when I get home and I'm sure that will solve my problem.

Again, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to respond and help. Super kind of you and I am very grateful.

Well, let me know how it turns out. Cheers

I must be doing something else wrong as well. I copied all files and still nothing. I am 99% certain I have copied all correct files in correct location, changed correct code in file and saved correctly. So it's probably something simple I'm doing wrong. Keep in mind I have never messed with game files before, never used a custom ui, and have always played every game as is default. In fact, I am surprised I haven't broken my game or pc and been forced to reinstall it or call a IT tech. That's usually the out-come when I mess with pc's.

Anyway, I have to walk away from this for awhile, take a break from trying to solve this. More than likely I'm just in over my head and will continue playing the game with the default UI.
    I can't subject you to my problem any more. You've done more than enough. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    I must be doing something else wrong as well. I copied all files and still nothing. I am 99% certain I have copied all correct files in correct location, changed correct code in file and saved correctly. So it's probably something simple I'm doing wrong. Keep in mind I have never messed with game files before, never used a custom ui, and have always played every game as is default. In fact, I am surprised I haven't broken my game or pc and been forced to reinstall it or call a IT tech. That's usually the out-come when I mess with pc's.

Anyway, I have to walk away from this for awhile, take a break from trying to solve this. More than likely I'm just in over my head and will continue playing the game with the default UI.
    I can't subject you to my problem any more. You've done more than enough. Thanks again.
    Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. If I think of anything else, I'll put a post up. Take care.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast