Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blessed conquest vs necros bombs

Default blessed conquest vs necros bombs

is it normal that bombs damage through blesssed conquest bubble? i think not - it must be some recent nerf or bug - since bc - 100% invu all types of damage ...

It's been like this since 2008 buddy.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Necro's still run bombs?

Yeah it's been like that forever, not sure why. It's a small bug, but I'm sure being the most OP class makes up for it
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post
    is it normal that bombs damage through blesssed conquest bubble? i think not - it must be some recent nerf or bug - since bc - 100% invu all types of damage ...
    It isn't 100% invulnerability, it is 200 deflection rating.

That means you need 101 penetration rating to do any damage to a Conq with Blessed Conquest.

If the bombs have 200 penetration rating they will entirely ignore your bubble.

Don't know if there is an innate super high penetration rating on bombs detonation (penetration is not a very common stat in the game) but indeed that has always been the case.

In general to detonate bomb (as a weapon user) without damage you need to silence them (throat slash) or get a very high immunity rating (not available on conq )
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    Don't know if there is an innate super high penetration rating on bombs detonation (penetration is not a very common stat in the game) but indeed that has always been the case.

In general to detonate bomb without damage you need to silence them (throat slash) or get a very high immunity rating (not available on conq )
    I guess you could test by having them detonate near a POM using Hand of Mitra which from memory has 100 deflection rating. If it still hurts the POM there's your answer - they have penetration rating.

It does hurt PoM even with Hand of Mitra on . It's just that I've never heard of any inherent penetration rating for any other effect so I don't know if it is because of a high pen rating or that detonation mechanisms just completely ignores deflection whatever the level.

Anyway, the result is the same : deflection bubbles don't work vs exploding bombs , the rest is details for people who ask to much questions
    -- Ieronon, QQror --

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Necro's still run bombs?

Yeah it's been like that forever, not sure why. It's a small bug, but I'm sure being the most OP class makes up for it
    We have so many Necros using bombs it's not even funny.

imo, the designer that thought up the idea of these levitating testicles should get the Worst Idea in MMO Game Design reward. Twice.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

I must admit that when you're on a lowbie necro with 2 DTs, 1 conq, 1 guard in the other team playing with bombes is pretty funny. DP in the bombes ! YES !
    Still quite a few conqs not aware of the throat slash trick. By the way, haven't tested it in a long while but do you need to put at least 2 points in throat slash to kill bombs without damage ? Or one is enough ?

Beside Kina, i haven't seen lots of bomb necro on Fury.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I think one is enough. More points probably allow you a few more seconds to hit the balls safely (...) I guess, if you don't destroy them with TS itself.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast