Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Barb pve dps

Default Barb pve dps

I was messing around with a buddies well geared barb and was doing some strawman parses for around 1500 dps. I was using dw with boneshatter/upheaval. I was looking for some pointers as Im sure I should be doing much better. I dont know if I should be using different aas or rotation.

I prefer Without Warning/Upheaval. It allows your combos to build the stacks faster. More noticeable at 5 pts though. I would use Bone Shatter until 4-5 in WW.

Your rotation should consist of all ranks of wreck armor/Upheaval and a 2 step jagged cut. Do not use Cyclone at all and Whirlwhind only for aoe or if everything else is on cooldown.

I don't pay attention to my actual dps number but am always in top 3 in T3 raids.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

What's the max you could parse as a Barbarian in Faction gear with T3 accessories?

What's the max you could parse as a Barbarian in Faction gear with T3 accessories and weapon?

Default Rotation.

My barb has full epic khitai gear, and i tried parser yesturday. The result was around 1.6k-1.8k dps. I have 5/5 upheaval and 4/5 Without warning.
    My rotation was:
    All wreck armor, starting from highest rank.
    Jagged cut (2 long)¨
    Upheaval
    WW
    Cyclone of steel (2long)

I used wreck armor whenever it was avaible, 3 damage buffs when i started attacking with wreck armor, that aoe instant thing whenever i could.

This rotation made me be able to do constant combos, but what shall i do to improve my single target dps, and still be able to do combos all the time?

If we're talking about stationary single target sustained dps in PvE, you want WW/Upheaval and your rotation is a fixed Upheaval/CoS X with Wreck Armor exclusively used to stack (and mantain) 5x debuff stack if no one else in the group/raid can do it (which should never be the case as long as you've a BS available).

If the fight is structured in such a way as to stop you from doing dps for more than 10 seconds at a time, then replace WW with Determination to keep the 15x reaver stack up.

Trigger Haste/DoD every time they're off CD, Impale the same but on a combo finisher, Overpower as soon as it lits up. You want max crit rating/crit damage rating for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by MagnusLL; 30th September 2013 at 10:33.

Quote Originally Posted by rkrook96 View Post
    My barb has full epic khitai gear, and i tried parser yesturday. The result was around 1.6k-1.8k dps.
    Duration of the fight ? And where ? ^^

Nothing but straw man parses are valid numbers. No pots or group.

FYI parser guys:

[18:41] Your Jagged Cut III hits Straw Man for 242 slashing damage.
    [18:41] Your Jagged Cut IV hits Straw Man for 265 slashing damage.
    [18:42] Your Bone Shatter hits Straw Man for 311 slashing damage.

This is the damage over time component.

If JC3 is 100% dmg
    Then JC4 is 109,5%
    Bone Shatter is 128,5%

The question is what would you benefit most from?

5 points Atrocity, Upheaval and Bone Shatter perks...
    0 points Atrocity, Upheaval and Without Warning perks...
    0 points Atrocity, Bone Shatter and Without Warning perks...

If anyone has time to test, screenshots of ACT log from Straw Man would be appreciated as there is very little documentation on Barbarian damage. I might do it later but honestly don't feel like bashing straw man for 20 minutes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Greshakei View Post
    Duration of the fight ? And where ? ^^
    Guild city. So i hit 2 target sometimes. Might log and do a more serius parseer later. But atm i just need a better rotation than my current.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast