Thread: Riddick - anybody watched?

Default Riddick - anybody watched?

Hey, im making this thread not without any cause - been into cinema - was watching it with my breath stoped and i really like it - first what is, it really remided me of Conan but in Cyberpunk world - harsh, deadly, not giving anything away universe with tough sonofab1tches all around including main character in it - Riddick,

So first what i ask if Riddick remided you of Conan in anyway and then you can share your feelings/impressions of whole movie, when i would gave mine i would say i really liked all pictures especially of that desolated/abandoned and lethal in every approach planet - something else then regular our life titles and ofc Riddick - heh is a real tough man who can handle not one thing - just classic.

Riddick is very much a Howard-esque antihero. His world thematically is both dark and exotic, the protagonist is a self-reliant barbarian in every sense of the world, his enemies run the gamut from the money-hungry borderline criminal to the esoteric and occult.

As far as the latest movie goes, I enjoyed it, about as much as I enjoyed Pitch Black.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Yes I watched it I recommend it. I thought it was pretty good.

Good movie. Although a bit slow, but was very well done.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Was alright. Had a really Pitch Black feel to it.

I'd recommend it if you like the Riddick movies

Eh, not so sure.

Good old Cineworld Unlimited card means I see everything, but this one didn't really live up to the other 'Riddick' films. It was pretty straight forward with all the action at the end.

But worth a watch.
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

I liked Riddick, but I think they tried too hard to make it similar to Pitch Black, and ended up with a film too close to the original.

I liked how they resolved the Necromonger situation, as this made a lot of sense. I also liked how not all the 'bad guys' in this one were cardboard cutouts (though at least a few were).

I did miss the depth of world that Chronicles had, giving you a glimpse into the galaxy the stories happened in, and how Riddick viewed civilization in general. Also, one of the most powerful themes of Pitch Black was how a jaded criminal came to value those around him (the scene of Riddick pleading "Not for me!" is still one of the most powerful in all the sci fi movies I've seen), and that was lacking a bit in this one.

Still, it was enjoyable, and a good view.

Seemed like a filler. I liked it, but more necromonger action in the future it appears.