Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AoC my first and only MMO

Turan saved my sanity so many times when I forgot to put money on my online account, messed up something or went completely broke...

Questlines there are cool, place looks great and even has nice solo instances if you want to pass some time between minis as f2p
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Many thanks for your answers.
    Maybe/almost sure I will buy Turan, at least to see the zone and get some experience (at least doing the whole quests, I will have some experience). I'm level 74 now, almost 75. Doing Keshatta quests now and getting some really good equipment. I have the epic weapon from the tavern in Tarantia thanks to a friend I met who helped me to get it. I'm going to get the level 80 sword too (sacred quest).
    Step by step, almost level 80!
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

It's nice to see someone doing it the right way...these days, most people power lvl or pot themselfs to lvl 80. I'm quite proud to lvl all my chars 1-80 without any xp pot, any offline lvl or plvling At 78-79 I would go straight to NG if you own ROGS and have premium. Faction quests there are quite easy, give not just good xp but also faction rep, MoAs and solid silver

Quote Originally Posted by nuadar View Post
    It's nice to see someone doing it the right way...these days, most people power lvl or pot themselfs to lvl 80. I'm quite proud to lvl all my chars 1-80 without any xp pot, any offline lvl or plvling At 78-79 I would go straight to NG if you own ROGS and have premium. Faction quests there are quite easy, give not just good xp but also faction rep, MoAs and solid silver
    That is the only good way to play the game!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    That is the only good way to play the game!
    Indeed. I leveled my Demo all the way up, doing as many quests along the way as I could, have had him up at 80 for over a year, outfitted him with Khitai and some Epic stuff, and I -still- sometimes hit a spot of trouble in the middle of a fight where I forget some of the abilities I have.

Fastleveling past all that you would do normally puts you in a much harder position than that because you haven't even learned the abilities you gain, and when you are with a group that is counting on you knowing your class (even if you are not familiar with the quest you are doing), it can lead to serious problems. Plus, you end up at the endgame without the equipment you would have gotten and need.

It might make a kind of sense to do it on an open-world PVP server where you can't level normally without getting jumped constantly and need to get to 80 fast to have a fighting chance, but the point of the game is to -enjoy- the play, not rush through it and avoid as much of it as you can.

So, definitely take the long road to the top and learn every inch. It's worth the journey to arrive at the destination understanding where you went to get there.

I completely agree.
    Its a long and hard way, but you get the reward.
    Now I'm level 75. Yesterday was just incredible in scorpions cave at Keshatta. Amazing group experience! The drops were good too. I went to Khitai to see the land, I ended in Heaven's Lake to get the Heaven's sword (that from the sacred weapon quest). Incredible zones, I was just running away and looking at the enormous landscapes. Amazing!!!!
    I was helped in Paikang by a good player to be able to get to Heaven's Lake, I was always going the wrong way.

I just hope Funcom release more expansions, but I don't think it will happen...
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

Well, they released the Halls of Crom last year, I believe, and this year they added in Dragon's Spine, so don't sell the game short yet.

Simply remember that making new expansions for a gameworld like AoC is not the quick-and-dirty job it is in other MMOs...it takes time and attention to detail to construct new areas that are up to the standards of this game, and I personally would rather a pace of one new area a year that looks and feels worthy of AoC than several a year that felt like (that other really popular fantasy MMO) or (that other Star Wars game).

Be aware though. All is not easy in this world.
    You're going to feel sometimes frustrated. This is the Hyborean age! You're alone here!
    That mini that someone forgot to attack the POM.
    That one missed Finely Honed that wiped the group...
    That one time you didn't see that you had the DOT and... Again wiped the whole raid...
    You'll take the blame and see your name on global for the worst motives. This will not happen once, but many times.
    It's a ruthless world. You just have to man up! Learn your class! Grab a beer!
    But try always to have fun! Just like cutting heads off!

Mini where someone forgot to attack PoM? Like that ever happened...

That one missed Finely Honed that wiped the group...
    I don't know what you're talking about !
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast