Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AoC my first and only MMO

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Start crafting at 40, and gathering resources at 20. The system is well-thought, and you will go as far as gathering 24 people for a raid to craft one item.
    No other game can boast that.
    Do not forget to craft. Collect rare recipes, sell your services or items!
    Pick any trade! You can even be an architect for hire!
    It is one of the best systems, actually.
    You will gain levels as soon as you turn in the items or level up. You can cut gems by being a gemcutter.

At level 80, you start training AA abilites, work your PVP levels even further, craft in raids, gear up, do high-tier raids, and various quests for gear or items of power or vanity. I have not run out of things to do at 80, and I got to that level in 2010!

Guilds offer you a guild city, where you can get quests, vanity items, sieges. You also get small power-ups in PVE and PVP, and some crafting quests require you to have a guild city.

Well, a lot of people tells me that crafting is not useful, etc, etc...and now I see this. don't know what to think!
    I don't know if people says crafting is bad because they don't like roleplaying or it is really bad. I will try. What is clear is that if FC wants to change it...it is because doesn't work very well and it seems you can't craft good weapons anyway...
    I will try anyway, at least more than I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by cin View Post
    Don't do any crafting, it's all boring crap. You can hoard materials for the day crafting gets revamped but there's no reason to waste life on current crafting.
    You get to start playing with other people at 80. Sure, there's plenty of sub80 content, but they're very rarely done (and are also lame/boring compared to 80 stuff). It's one of the stupidest traditions of mmos but real game starts at 80.
    This is what majority of people tells me...that crafting is bad and boring...but what if FC NEVER revamp crafting?...

It is incredible if you tell me that the real game starts at level 80...I'm level 68 now...I did a lot of quests and had a lot of fun (of course sometimes is a bit boring to re-do quests....)

I hope there's a lot of solo quests for level 80 too.But what do you get while doing level 80 quests? Better weapons and armors I suppose?

Hi Meleagro,

You won't enjoy crafting in this game unless you can't think of anything better than clicking on some rocks for hours and hours. Hopefully that will change, but there hasn't been any news on the crafting revamp in quite some time. Our Game Director indicated that he may have some news though, so maybe there'll be something in the next Monthly Letter?

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...6&postcount=11

And I totally agree with you regarding the immersion this game has to offer. Sure, many new games have higher quality textures etc. But the visual design of this game is absolutely fantastic. Not to mention the soundtrack.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Hi Meleagro,

You won't enjoy crafting in this game unless you can't think of anything better than clicking on some rocks for hours and hours. Hopefully that will change, but there hasn't been any news on the crafting revamp in quite some time. Our Game Director indicated that he may have some news though, so maybe there'll be something in the next Monthly Letter?

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...6&postcount=11

And I totally agree with you regarding the immersion this game has to offer. Sure, many new games have higher quality textures etc. But the visual design of this game is absolutely fantastic. Not to mention the soundtrack.
    Ok thanks for the info. I will skip crafting by now I think.

And yes, that's what makes AoC the best mmo for me or at least the only one that owns my attention. I'm a big fan of this kind of environments (enormous and artistical landscapes, mountains, valleys...). That's why I'm an Elder Scrolls fan too. Those are the only games with AoC that I don't feel "empty" and I don't mean empty because of people or characters, I mean about atmosphere...you can feel it. You know where you are and you can feel the atmosphere. I said I like a lot walking a bit around Poitain (for example) because with those fields...sunsets, the music...

Do not forget, while you are crafting (if you decide to do it anyway (and I would recommend it highly)) to do all low-level dungeon runs: they are, most of the time, more fun than high-level content.

Some players learn Architect and drift from guild to guild, building very rare statues in the city. Low-level players often buy crafted armor.

A lot of players, when they heard about crafting remodelling, started removing gems from their weapons, selling recipes. One-and-a-half years later, I see them crafting and running with the same weapons with the old gems reinserted.

Also, have your own mind for everything. Do not listen to the majority or minority.

And digging rocks is very profitable. You get mobs who drop other ingredients while you dig as well. One hour of digging will give you more than one gold or items necessary for a powerful item. I do it while waiting for minigames, in the morning, or while waiting for a raid.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 20th September 2013 at 10:04.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Do not forget, while you are crafting (if you decide to do it anyway (and I would recommend it highly)) to do all low-level dungeon runs: they are, most of the time, more fun than high-level content.

Some players learn Architect and drift from guild to guild, building very rare statues in the city. Low-level players often buy crafted armor.

A lot of players, when they heard about crafting remodelling, started removing gems from their weapons, selling recipes. One-and-a-half years later, I see them crafting and running with the same weapons with the old gems reinserted.

Also, have your own mind for everything. Do not listen to the majority or minority.

And digging rocks is very profitable. You get mobs who drop other ingredients while you dig as well. One hour of digging will give you more than one gold or items necessary for a powerful item. I do it while waiting for minigames, in the morning, or while waiting for a raid.
    Yes, to listen about crafting in this game makes you go up and down the whole time

I will try a little bit more to see what happens. I'm level 68, pelnty of resources (dropped by mobs mainly) and with novice skills only...
    Last edited by Meleagro; 20th September 2013 at 10:34.
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

imo, the only crafting skill that is at least a bit useful is alchemy, 'cos crafted food is better than the one you may buy...
    of course, to craft lvl 80 food you need to be in a guild. i don't remember what's the best food you can craft if you're not in a guild, lvl 60 or 70... can somebody confirm??

i'd definitely avoid armorsmith, 'cos it takes ages and absurd amounts of resources to progress...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Can I craft gems or powers in existing weapons?
    Or do I have to create a new weapon to be able to do this?
    When I create a new weapon, are they good or the ones I can find around there dropped by mobs, are better?
    Atmoran - Barbarian

you can add gems only to crafted weapons, armors and accessories, and btw there are not many good things you can craft, and to be able to craft those items you need to get the receipes in dungeons or raids. basically, it's a lot easier to collect some gold and buy them at the trader, especially since, if you reach lvl 80 without shortcuts, you should get more or less 20 gold in the process...

moreover, if you want to buy the expansion, the easiest path is: once you reach lvl80, buy a cheap blue equipment at trader, thend decide which khitai factions you prefere, then go to northern grassland and start questing for them, to get marks of acclaim and gold, then buy one of their blue sets...
    in the meantime, everytime you have the chance, join normal mode groups, old world dungeons groups and t1/t2 raids...
    once you have some experience and the required alternate advancement abilities, start to join hardmodes...

it will take some time to progress, and it may look rather slow at the beginning, just don't get discouraged, and you'll get your rewards, both in terms of gear and fun...

one thing that will help you a lot is to join a guild, that can teach you the tactics and help you to progress...

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    you can add gems only to crafted weapons, armors and accessories, and btw there are not many good things you can craft, and to be able to craft those items you need to get the receipes in dungeons or raids. basically, it's a lot easier to collect some gold and buy them at the trader, especially since, if you reach lvl 80 without shortcuts, you should get more or less 20 gold in the process...

moreover, if you want to buy the expansion, the easiest path is: once you reach lvl80, buy a cheap blue equipment at trader, thend decide which khitai factions you prefere, then go to northern grassland and start questing for them, to get marks of acclaim and gold, then buy one of their blue sets...
    in the meantime, everytime you have the chance, join normal mode groups, old world dungeons groups and t1/t2 raids...
    once you have some experience and the required alternate advancement abilities, start to join hardmodes...

it will take some time to progress, and it may look rather slow at the beginning, just don't get discouraged, and you'll get your rewards, both in terms of gear and fun...

one thing that will help you a lot is to join a guild, that can teach you the tactics and help you to progress...
    Many thanks for your info! Im doing the sacred weapons quests too (just one pending). So it seems you can have good level 80 weapons (I use dual weapons, will I be able to chose two one handed weapons from the npc from Paikang? )

Can you get rid of professions? I'm afraid not...
    Atmoran - Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagro View Post
    Many thanks for your info! Im doing the sacred weapons quests too (just one pending). So it seems you can have good level 80 weapons (I use dual weapons, will I be able to chose two one handed weapons from the npc from Paikang? )
    i'm almost sure you can get only one...
    btw, which class are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagro View Post
    Can you get rid of professions? I'm afraid not...
    yes, you can change your professions. there are npcs that can do that in the villages in the resource areas (purple lotus, potain and lacheish plains)...
    atm i don't remember exactly where they are located, but i think that if you ask in global, you'll get the info you need to find them...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast