Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AoC my first and only MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    i'm almost sure you can get only one...
    btw, which class are you playing?

yes, you can change your professions. there are npcs that can do that in the villages in the resource areas (purple lotus, potain and lacheish plains)...
    atm i don't remember exactly where they are located, but i think that if you ask in global, you'll get the info you need to find them...
    I'm playing as Cimmerian (Barbarian). A combination of Reaver and Berserker (but more attack oriented(reavaer). Berserker mainly for health recovery, etc.

Ok, many thanks, I will look for them, cause I think I'm armosmith and weaponsmith, I will change armor for gemcutter!
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

The NPC to unlearn a profession are always near the resurrection points in the villages of Poitain, Lacheish and Red Lotus Swamp.
    Do not know the exact name in English, just keep looking for an NPC close to the ress pad and try to talk to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yrtheras View Post
    The NPC to unlearn a profession are always near the resurrection points in the villages of Poitain, Lacheish and Red Lotus Swamp.
    Do not know the exact name in English, just keep looking for an NPC close to the ress pad and try to talk to them.
    I think I found it, but is there any bug or bugs if I get rid of a profession?
    Atmoran - Barbarian

You will probably have to relog!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I cant believe no one said thunder river. It is my favorite of every zone aesthetically speaking of course

Quote Originally Posted by excalibur6608 View Post
    I cant believe no one said thunder river. It is my favorite of every zone aesthetically speaking of course
    Of the original playfields I love the wildlands. That temple in the middle was amazing when I first found it!
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

Well, Thunder River is amazing too. In fact, I like all the maps in AoC. But the style of landscapes that more I like, are the ones regarding valleys and mountains. Happen to me in AoC or other rpg's games.
    What I'd like to have in AoC is better sky textures at night. The stars look a bit bad, compared to the day skies or other aspects of the game.

I got rid of armosmith and now I'm gemcutter and weaponsmith. Level 69 now and getting to level 70 to see if I can get a good crafted weapon, because I'm using Blackruin (level 55) and Jang Ssang Gum (level 70 sacred weapon) in the other hand. I know this weapons are just normal,and the crafting system is not very good to get good weapons, but for soloing until level 80 I think it would be cool to craft another level 70 weapon with a gem just to change the Blackruin.
    Atmoran - Barbarian

AoC has always been one of the richest, detailed MMORPGs I've played. The landscapes and accompanying music set a unique tone I haven't experienced in other games, and the way the game refuses to give the players anything for free (you want clothes, go take them off the bodies of your enemies, or earn that gold!) makes playing the game a refreshing break from all the other 'easy' MMOs.

At the same time, AoC is one of the last examples of something an editor noted when reviewing the latest Star Wars game to hit the MMO market. He noted that game companies that used to make MMOs made worlds, while game companies making MMOs today make video games, and this is very true for AoC. Here, you can walk across the fields of Aquilonia, scale the mountains of Cimmeria, or brave the deserts of Stygia, and really feel like that is where you are.

Compared to other MMOs out now, where every inch of landscape seems taken up by some pack of monsters or NPCs to grind off of and the landscape feels like something to be seen but not actually visited, AoC is one of the last of the MMOs that tries to make a world where the Players could make their stories happen instead of being fed them.

I completely agree, and for those reasons, I needed to come back and play this game again, even knowing that I'm not fan of mmorpgs.
    AoC (because of the way it is made) makes me feel the game more like something you can have as a single game going your way and when you want or need, you can go with guilds, etc, etc.
    Of course this is an mmo and there will be always groups, guilds, etc, etc and that the way it should be, but I get the feeling that I can be pleased in both ways, so that's why I'm playing.
    Then of course, it is the graphics, music, atmosphere...the aesthetics that I like in a game, so I'm sold regarding the artistical/musical part.
    Then you have that this game is an adult game, I "hate" cartoonish games (mainly 90% of mmorpgs style).

Since 2009 till now, I always thought..."what a fantastic game was AoC...if I could just get in in the mechanics..." and now I'm step by step getting in, and i like it a lot.And i'm just level 71 now, starting to use some alternate advancement (I know is better to wait until level 80, but hey i wanted to test! )...Atzel Quests, Keshatta...and when I see people saying that the real game starts at level 80...then i think when I started in Tortage, how fascinated I was in Acheronian ruins, then in Barachan Island, then in Conall Valley, Fields of the dead, Ymyr pass, Eiglophian mountains, Kosphef...well...I just hope its true that the true game starts at level 80, cause I'm extremely happy and having fun until now,and fantastic experiences so...
    About Turan, do you recommend it? It is worth the price?
    Last edited by Meleagro; 25th September 2013 at 10:20.
    Atmoran - Barbarian

Turan's worth depends on what you want from it. Most of the area is mid-range content, so if you are lvl 71, you have outleveled most of the common things (can still do them, but you will probably wonder why that crowd coming at you is supposed to be dangerous). There are, however, several high-level areas so it is not a complete waste if you are mainly playing for the leveling/grind play.

From an artistic viewpoint, it is definitely worth it, as it provides a part of the world that is quite enjoyable to look around, and definitely the 'arabian nights'/ Persian atmosphere to it. You also get access to two other areas that offer new places to explore.

Also, it is accessible to FTP players, unlike Khitai. So, if you decide you want or need to drop off of sub for a time, you can still visit Turan. Note that, like Khitai, it is a long journey to and from Turan, so unless you get the Veteran's Reward transport, you will be paying to go there, and (I believe) may end up stopped halfway by a side mission.

So, is it worth it? For me, it was, and I still love to visit to enjoy the rich environment. Would it be worth it to everyone? Probably not, though as I said, it does offer end-game content so it will not be like you gained absolutely nothing. You will have to decide for yourself.
    Last edited by Urzra; 25th September 2013 at 14:46.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast