Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AoC my first and only MMO

Post AoC my first and only MMO

Hi there, I'm not a big fan of mmorpgs. In fact, the only one I've played is AoC. I played back in 2009 and I was premium by two months more or less, but I didn't was into the mechanics very much...Anyway, the settings, landscapes, atmosphere, BSO and everything regarding aesthetics was astonishing for me.
    This past april I decided to come back again cause I used to think about AoC and I was like "hey, I need to try again that fantastic game..." And here I am.
    I was playing a little bit in april and may and I stopped playing until last month. I'm premium again now and just to say hello again and that this game is beyond awesomeness. With SweetFX+dx10+all settings maxed from game and from nvidia control panel...it is just a pleasure.

I'm more of a rp style player, so I can be just wandering around Poitain and listen to the awesome and extremely beautiful soundtrack and get lost with my thoughts...
    What a fantastic game and I hope, I really hope Funcom share with us more and new content. Of course, I have A LOT of things to do (level 68 now). Now I'm gonna buy ROTGS just to have the game prepared when I reach level 80. I will join some guilds too, etc, etc. I'm still being newbie in this world of mmorpgs, mainly cause I'm more the "solo" style player. I love The Elder Scrolls games, I spent around 1300 hours with Morrowind, 1100 in Oblivion and around 1500 in Skyrim. I love RPGS games, but I always play single player games. I want to try in this world of mmorps too, but the only one that I like is AoC. I will play Elder Scrolls Online too, once the game is out.

And well, just to say hello.

Hello Melagro,

Welcome (back) to the wonderful world of Hyboria. I to am sometimes awestruck by the beautiful scenery and music this game have to offer. Good that you ponder about joining a guild as I think its necessary (oh well, maybe not) to enjoy this game to its full potential. And when you get Kithai you will find even more awesome places to discover like the Red Forrest in Chosain Province, the beaches of Paikang and much, much more. You ain't see nothing yet

Again, welcome!
    Last edited by Maark; 19th September 2013 at 23:20.
    Retired

Yes this game is full of awesome-saucem-ness sights and sounds. AND the post above is corrct, you will love Khitai the Northern Grasslands are beautiful.
    Last edited by QoXTC; 20th September 2013 at 04:15.
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

Hello, Meleagro!

I have the same case. The first MMO and the only. I tried other games after Age of Conan, but failed to love them.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by QoXTC View Post
    Yes this game is full of awesome-saucem-ness sights and sounds. AND the post above is corrct, you will love Khitai the Northern Grasslands are beautiful.
    Paikang is waaaay better imo

I prefer Chosain with its Autumn weather.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

I'm Chosain person as well... Too bad the factions there are bit lackluster and the war and destruction less prominent. But hey it's large, pretty and I like hunting pandas
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Thanks people!

A thing I like a lot in rpgs is crafting, but seems that in AoC is not very well done...You can't craft good armor or weapons and seems FC wants to rebuilt it all, but...wen is that gonna happen?
    I like to gather and I have a lot of uncut resources, but I'm only novice in weapon and armosmith and artisan about gathering possibilities.
    So, I suppose it is better to just forget the whole thing by now?

Another question that I have is about the endgame. Once I reach level 80, of course there is the whole ROTGS to play, but...what are the benefits to my char when I reach level 80? If you can't have more level, what's the point? I suppose you get a lot of tokens and other goodies, etc, etc?
    I love to play solo (of course I have joined groups and do some quests), but it is worth to be in a guild? What things can you do? what is about?

Sorry If these are too much questions.

Start crafting at 40, and gathering resources at 20. The system is well-thought, and you will go as far as gathering 24 people for a raid to craft one item.
    No other game can boast that.
    Do not forget to craft. Collect rare recipes, sell your services or items!
    Pick any trade! You can even be an architect for hire!
    It is one of the best systems, actually.
    You will gain levels as soon as you turn in the items or level up. You can cut gems by being a gemcutter.

At level 80, you start training AA abilites, work your PVP levels even further, craft in raids, gear up, do high-tier raids, and various quests for gear or items of power or vanity. I have not run out of things to do at 80, and I got to that level in 2010!

Guilds offer you a guild city, where you can get quests, vanity items, sieges. You also get small power-ups in PVE and PVP, and some crafting quests require you to have a guild city.
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;

Don't do any crafting, it's all boring crap. You can hoard materials for the day crafting gets revamped but there's no reason to waste life on current crafting.
    You get to start playing with other people at 80. Sure, there's plenty of sub80 content, but they're very rarely done (and are also lame/boring compared to 80 stuff). It's one of the stupidest traditions of mmos but real game starts at 80.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast