Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why oh why no instant WoC?

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Well but hes right. instant abilities and instant CC are destroying PvP and gimping down classes. Timing your stuff is skillbased, spamming instants is not.
    Kind of...but the cast time vs the AoE range is kind of ridiculous. I'd like to see it be more of a ground targeted AoE root or increase it's range similar to that of Quicksand.

And what I was referring to was "HoX is fine". To be honest, the class isn't in TERRIBLE shape, but it definitely needs some work. More so than most other classes in AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeri View Post
    HoX goes for being the most useless and worst dps class in game, because of many casuals taking on perhaps the most difficult class to master, without taking the time to learn and having the will to improve.

If Funcom would desire to do any alterations to the HoX, please do not change it into a Ranger type where you need a quarter of a Stegosaurus brain to operate it.
    Finally, someone gave a great answer!
    I would never wish to have anything changed. Parse DPS with HoXes in raids or groups: it usually tops them just like any other DPS class would from time to time. Look at minigames, and sometimes HoXes get the best score; just like any other class.
    There is as little wrong with HoX as with any other DPS class.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Finally, someone gave a great answer!
    I would never wish to have anything changed. Parse DPS with HoXes in raids or groups: it usually tops them just like any other DPS class would from time to time. Look at minigames, and sometimes HoXes get the best score; just like any other class.
    There is as little wrong with HoX as with any other DPS class.
    Besides phoenix cloak... 5 min cool down is ridiculous.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

5 min cd is ridiculous- its true but debuffs after 3 points to upgrade this spell are more ridiculous.
    HoX have awasome PvP burst potential but alot of hoxes dont know how to play including "experienced" hox players. When i see poss/gen PvP build hox with red shadows perk... LOL!
    HoXes are lack of some kind of small heal ability. Necro and demo have healing abilities as RANGE class while they are much safer and they have more escape abilities than HoX.

Ok we offtop so hard. Why no instant WoC? Zatochi said why. Instant ccs destroying PvP. As experienced pvper i want play game without instant cc so FC shouldnt buff WoC they should nerf some other ccs. And if HoX is too "weak" for u just play conq he is easier than ranger in this times. This whole game is easier and easier in every year...
    Solmhyr- new style of HoX play.

Anyone that denies that HoX needs some work, as most of the feats etc are entirely broken, is either trolling or just stupid. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by elkornasso View Post
    HoXes are lack of some kind of small heal ability.
    Blood pit, transformations. Both heal you. Also Molten Flesh if you time it right and get to use it in a situation where it can work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Anyone that denies that HoX needs some work, as most of the feats etc are entirely broken, is either trolling or just stupid. Period.
    Ok, please list "most of the feats etc" that are broken on a HoX??
    Quote Originally Posted by elkornasso View Post
    5 min cd is ridiculous- its true but debuffs after 3 points to upgrade this spell are more ridiculous.
    So you want to run around with 25 seconds +50% deflection damage more often than every 5 minutes? And no penalties?? Mental check pls..
    Last edited by Zoeri; 23rd September 2013 at 12:33. Reason: merged my posts

maybe you dont know how small heal works lol. Go to pvp get necro dot and try heal up as hox
    Solmhyr- new style of HoX play.

There are reasons why the hox has always been rated so low by the player base and its not due to the lack of people playing them. Hox has always been imo the funnest class by far and the primary reason i played this game as long as i did,but they need some dev work. In pve the hox does fine, yes you can top parses at times and do enough that it makes you feel like you are contributing, but in true there is nothing that sets hox apart, nothing that makes them needed or wanted. Why bring a hox when most other dps classes have more tools and can do far better with less effort. Many times hoxs are invited to raids as slot fillers or for loot rot, unless its a known an trusted player.
    As for pvp.....well what can be said that hasn't been said time an time again. Slow combo animation, very little tools and big cd's
    . While the class can do fine, once again there is nothing that sets them apart....except the player.
    Don't get me wrong, not saying the class needs a total overhaul, but in all honesty i can't see how any hox vet can say they are fine.
    Now...to op topic.
    When it was decided to nerf instant cc's the reasoning or at lest i hope was to bring a little more skill to the table. While the general idea may have merit, the effect on some classes hurt far more then others. The really bad part is that all were in fact not removed. And for us it was big hit, with the small aoe of woc, combined with slow fear and slow stun they made a weak class weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeri View Post

Ok, please list "most of the feats etc" that are broken on a HoX??
    Okay, here's a list off the top of my head.

-Mindless Brute. Was never properly scaled with the introduction of 1.05.
    -Demonic Fortitude. With the introduction of "Energy", this useless feat became even more useless. HoX rarely runs out of Energy or Stamina.
    -Demonic Leech and Demonic Thirst. Both are very underperforming feats and are only useful against maybe 1 class.
    -Cooldown if Demonic Supplication is WAYYYY too long for a 3 pt feat. Cooldown should be cut in half, at the very least.
    -Hellfire Feast. HoX never runs out of mana. Period. HoX mana costs are so low that this feat is entirely useless.
    -Xotli's Vengeance. While the buff is very good, the buff disappearing on every Hellfire Breath is ridiculous.
    -Lingering Hell. The damage from Hellstep is already so minor, investing 5 points into buffing it is useless. It's more or less just a point sink for those who want Touch of Hell.
    -Improved Phoenix Cloak. Nothing really "improved". Just adds a hate dump for a HoX, on a 5 minute cooldown. Would be okay at 1 point, but completely useless for 5 points.
    -Burning Words. This use to be a decent feat prior to Khitai. But after Khitai was released and people started to gain absurd amounts of protection, it became more and more useless. This feat also causes Word of Command to break on damage.
    -Dark Blessing of Xotli. HoX doesn't have mana or stamina problems, but if it did, this feat would still be useless. The returns granted by it are miniscule.

Those are just a few of them, off the top of my head.

And when I said "broken", I should've said broken and/or useless.

Mindless Brute gives enough health for some PVE encounters like T4 or T3.5. The combination is fine, and the usage is specialized.

Demonic Fortitude is not a problem. The problem is that it is taking too much time for Funcom to increase stamina consumption for all classes.

Demonic Leech and Demonic Thirst are specialized, and I only take one point for general purposes, while some fights require it fully feated. Also, I feel terrible when a HoX does Body and Spirit Wrack on me with those feats in PVP.

Demonic Supplication: I have never tested it in parsers, and I feat it only for single-target DPS. I have noticed that it helps to stay morphed for three minutes or more. The CD is fine (use it on Avatar not to stay morphed while having the morph off the CD).

Hellfire Feast really helps in single-target DPS as HoX runs out of mana very fast in full Avatar max DPS build.

Xotli's Vengeance helps to increase inferno, lashes, and HFB by 52MD in average if feated at 5. I keep it at 5.

Lingering Hell adds up more than 1k damage! It is very good!

When I see a HoX in PVP with Phoenix Cloak, I do not touch him. I have never tested or feated Improved Phoenix Cloak, sorry.

I keep Burning Words at max for PVP. It just helps to finish off some people.

Dark Blessing of Xotli is good for PVP: mana is often drained there, and that feat helps to stay alive a lot!

Result: everything is subjective. Nothing is bad for HoX.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast