Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why oh why no instant WoC?

Some people here sound like they have never played a HoX...
    Artreborn - HoX FOREVER!!!
    PvP 6 - 8k+ Kills/2.5k+ deaths, Suicide Style!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    And when I said "broken", I should've said broken and/or useless.
    Yes, there is a difference there. All classes have useless feats, the HoX is not alone about that and it self is no reason for a thorough revamp. I can agree that combo animations are way too slow, and something should be done there.

Combo animations are long- like pillars animations, but they have awesome dmg. There is no problem with long animation of pilars there is problem with "dmg ticking" now we have 1 "tick" with full dmg, there should be like 4 ticks (25% pertick ofc.) during combo animation. It should help alot because its annoying when someone CC you when you are close to finish pillar
    Solmhyr- new style of HoX play.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeri View Post
    Yes, there is a difference there. All classes have useless feats, the HoX is not alone about that and it self is no reason for a thorough revamp. I can agree that combo animations are way too slow, and something should be done there.
    Oh, I have never advocated a full revamp for a HoX. But it does need some work. But there are some definite tweaks that could be used. For example, making Horrible Visage of Xotli and Hellfire innate instead of feats. Also, fixing some of the broken or useless feats.

And, Lunatic...if you're running out of mana on a HoX, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeri View Post
    Yes, there is a difference there. All classes have useless feats, the HoX is not alone about that and it self is no reason for a thorough revamp.
    Maybe I've been living in the Wild West of AoC for too long, but dud feats now seem like part of the challenge of the game: weeding out the good players from those who don't research, test, pay attention...
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Ruhenous, rangers, DTs, PoMs, other HoXes (with feated "useless feats" above) etc. can suck my mana out fast in PVP.

Also, when I use my single-target specialization and parse maximum damage on a Strawman, I run out of mana very fast, but stamina only gets to 1-5% without any need for a stamina bottle.
    Both resources are managed by useful feats mentioned above or bottles.

Animations for pillars are fast enough for the area and damage. Run between mobs and use it. Increasing the speed would mean reducing damage, which is not good for AoE at all. Pillars are fast enough. 3-step combos in PVP are viable for HoX too (I use two of those).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    Maybe I've been living in the Wild West of AoC for too long, but dud feats now seem like part of the challenge of the game: weeding out the good players from those who don't research, test, pay attention...
    Exactly! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    -Demonic Fortitude. With the introduction of "Energy", this useless feat became even more useless. HoX rarely runs out of Energy or Stamina.
    How can you not run out of energy in pvp (as a melee clothie without any speed buff) ? It certainly is useless in pve but looks nice in pvp (a mini-Dash with 20s cd). Main problem of the ability is the feat points sink to make it instant.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Quote Originally Posted by Ieronon View Post
    How can you not run out of energy in pvp (as a melee clothie without any speed buff) ? It certainly is useless in pve but looks nice in pvp (a mini-Dash with 20s cd). Main problem of the ability is the feat points sink to make it instant.
    The regen of energy is so fast, it's ridiculous. So I find sinking points into anything that grants energy a complete waste of points.

And Lunatic...even in PvP with all the mana leeching, I rarely(if ever) run out of mana. 1 pot, a few seconds and I'm full.

Agree to disagree. You obviously have different playstyles.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast