Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mail Issue, only on onr character!

Default Mail Issue, only on onr character!

Hi All

I realise there have been mail issues for those that have transfered to Crom server but i think my issue is slightly different.

I have always been on Crom firstly, I can send mail to and from any of my characters except one - my DT.

I am trying to send some stuff to him from my other characters but he never recieves it, it just stays in the senders storage.

I have petitioned over 10 hours ago but have had no response yet, anyone know what I can do? (if anything)

Cheers

Same here, three of my characters can't recieve any mail. I can't tell if this is the case since the merge or if it worked at first and then bugged.
    Zoning, relogging, waiting, nothing helps.

Btw, I can track stuff, because it's still in the senders storage, but gold can't be tracked, it's just gone.

Hadn't time to send a petition,but I recommend everyone to test if the char can recieve mails befor sending gold.

I have the same problem, can't send mail between my chars, items never seem to arrive and after a few days I just cancel it from the sender.

My guild mate had the same problem:
    Yesterday evening he asked for some gems and I sent them to him. I wrote in guild chat: "Items sent!" but he didn´t get neither a message nor gems.
    I deleted the delivery and sent it twice again, he relogged in the mean time but the gems never arrived.
    We canceled the mission
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Quote Originally Posted by Burrick View Post
    Hi All

I realise there have been mail issues for those that have transfered to Crom server but i think my issue is slightly different.

I have always been on Crom firstly, I can send mail to and from any of my characters except one - my DT.

I am trying to send some stuff to him from my other characters but he never recieves it, it just stays in the senders storage.

I have petitioned over 10 hours ago but have had no response yet, anyone know what I can do? (if anything)

Cheers
    I HAVE THE SOLUTION.
    But first I will explain the problem.

I had a character on Crom that someone had the same name on Set. That person transferred his character to Crom at the merge and he was forced to change his name. I was sending mail to my Crom character but the guy who had to change his name was receiving my mail.

So your mail is going to some other guy that changed his name or had your name and was forced to change it at the merge. I'm guessing each character has an ID and these are getting mixed up with the duplication at the server merge.

SOLUTION.
    Go to your account page. Click live support. Tell them your mail is getting lost. That you sent it from X char to Y char and that you believe it is going to another char that was forced to change his name at the merge. The GM will say ok, then put the stuff you lost in your chars bags. It's an old bug from the very first server merges years ago that was never fixed.

*edit* The GM will also fix things so this doesn't happen again.

Let me know if I'm right. I like to gloat.
    Muhahahaa.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 21st September 2013 at 23:02.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Forgot to mention. You can actually replicate this bug.

Create a char on Fury - Lets call him BILLY
    and char on Crom - Lets call him BILLY as well
    Transfer the oldest one of the characters to the other server, I created Fury Billy first - so lets move Fury Billy to Crom.

Before you log into Fury Billy and are prompted to change his name send some mails to Crom Billy.

They wont get there.
    They will go to Fury Billy, who by now has a new name. Cool eh?!
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Not cool, this is an exploit. You could use this to steal an ibis for the cost of a server transfer. Of course the person selling the ibis will petition to get his ibis back though.

What would happen if you create a character the same name as an ibis seller and then buy an ibis from him? Where will your gold go? A mail is generated that will go to the name of the Ibis seller. If the money goes to the new character, then this needs to be fixed fast!
    Last edited by Daynan; 25th September 2013 at 13:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Daynan View Post
    Not cool, this is an exploit. You could use this to steal an ibis for the cost of a server transfer. Of course the person selling the ibis will petition to get his ibis back though.

What would happen if you create a character the same name as an ibis seller and then buy an ibis from him? Where will your gold go? A mail is generated that will go to the name of the Ibis seller. If the money goes to the new character, then this needs to be fixed fast!
    No its not an exploit, It's a 4 year old bug.

And what ibis seller sells by mail? It's always done 1 on 1, NEVER by mail.

It's all reversible by a GM. I've had it fixed in under a minute (when the GM got there of course). I discovered this bug 4 years ago when my mail started disappearing on an alt after a server merge. I had it fixed on the most recent server merges as well.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 25th September 2013 at 13:59.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    And what ibis seller sells by mail? It's always done 1 on 1, NEVER by mail.
    You sell on the trader and receive the proceeds of the sale by mail. A mail is generated and the gold is sent to your name.

It's easy for them to stop this happening by fixing it, as you said in 1 minute, every time they do a character transfer. It should just be part of the procedure.

If you sell an Ibis and dont get the cash - petition.

GM fixes in 1 minute. There are rules to what a GM can do, but they aint idiots.

Also it does not work like you described. Selling stuff is not the same as mail sent from another person. I dont know why it just does not work that way! It only affects you in the way I originally described.

Like I said its a 4 year old bug and it was thoroughly investigated and reported to funcom 4 years ago. Its not a new problem.
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 26th September 2013 at 12:55.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast