Thread: Joel Bylos: PvP Messiah?

Default Joel Bylos: PvP Messiah?

Recently, Joel our GD said that in preparation for PvP unchained there will be some "evening out" of the damage numbers between classes and gear. It was just a sentence but it was probably THE most important sentence uttered by any GD to date.With that being said, I can only extrapolate from this sentence that FC is going to attempt to do the almost fantastical (and insanely awesome if successful) that is Joel Bylos is going to finally... BALANCE PvP.

I can't stress enough the MASSIVE changes the game will go through if this is indeed what Joel is proposing. Financially, FC profits may double as a flood of PvPers that have left begin to come back. The about face from PvE junk(and PvE by definition is junk, killing computer controlled mobs over and over versus testing your skill and mental fortitude against a thinking breathing human being is night and day in terms of enjoyment).
    to PvP bliss may become the games watershed moment.

If indeed this is what's happening and with the advent of PvP unchained a host of changes like flagged open world PvP, balanced classes, PvP gear that works/matters, individual ranking system, and PvP exclusive rewards like red skulls name tags will be implemented, what do you believe is the single biggest obstacle for Joel Bylos to overcome? Do you think this task is possible? What are your recommendations to Joel? And what do you believe will change the most about the game ? Discuss.

dream on....they dont have resources for that unchained pvp will be ONLY no aas or full aas for everyone with same stats on every piece of armor for all classes...

You probable misunderstand what he said, they will probable not do some grand revamp. What they will do is decide what the "default stats" will be for every class when they enter unchained minis. They have to decide what gear stats to apply to everyone, and what AA-abilities to give by default. I assume feat build will be up to the player, but everything else must be set by the system to create a balanced setup.

If you are a DT you can start to cry now as you probable will not get your wisdom gear in unchained. Also pray to the gods VoM will be aviable in unchained
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    ... It was just a sentence but it was probably THE most important sentence uttered by any GD to date. Discuss.
    Yes, yes it was JUST a sentence. Your opinion on what was the most important thing he said is skewed and taken way out of context. The history of bad decision making a mildly amusing patch follies shouldn't make anyone think that they'll actually be able to pull anything off. But, again, you took the statement out of context.

Also, there's already a thread asking for ideas ~ don't take it upon yourself to segregate them. Be part of the solution, not the problem.

That is all ~
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

why would this game profit financially from PVPers returning. None of them are going to resub LOL. PVP is the one thing you can do in this game for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.