Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost "can only have one" items

Oh noes all my banes are gone now...what should I do???

Quote Originally Posted by kinlock View Post
    I am afraid to log on.
    qft

Handling this by GMs restoring items on a case by case basis is ridiculous. Also, an official post would be nice if the issue is fixed now. Will items be deleted if you log in now? Or have they already been deleted? Is it safe to log in? Will it ever be?
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 18th September 2013 at 06:02.

One guildie got a GM after about 8hours.. another one is at 10+ no GM. This is gonna be long and painful.. And yes the silence of FC shows they dont seem to care.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Gave up after 11 hours with updates to my petition. Maybe tomorrow Funcom will fix it.

Are people waiting 10 hours for nothing or are GM´s really restoring missing items ?
    HoX - Emboror -

Quote Originally Posted by Viriathos View Post
    I did a petition and six hour after got most of my stuff back, just still missing some quest stuff and a few items i cant remember the name, so /petition works atm, you just gotta wait.
    If YOU have to tell them every single item you lost and you are not even getting everything back, it does NOT work.

Yeah. GM restored the items while I was offline. Including quest items. Now login to the remaining 472387401289 chars and check and petition if necessary.... the question is the same as in the opening post: REALLY????

Quote Originally Posted by Smaci View Post
    Yeah. GM restored the items while I was offline. Including quest items. Now login to the remaining 472387401289 chars and check and petition if necessary.... the question is the same as in the opening post: REALLY????
    Do they actually have some kind of records after merge that those items were on your characters before?
    HoX - Emboror -

If they make daily backups, the problem can be contained. If they don't they would have to "trust" people in what they say have lost, just restore bags or make another compensation. For shop items lost, i assume, they would have some records of the transaction...
    They could also check back into old pre-patch char files and doublecheck for important items.

Now assume it happened ONLY to a thousand of players. Checking, petitioning and restoring takes 6-24 hours (assume 12). Then you would need 12000 hours to adress it, meaning 1500 workdays. Even if they had 50 gms working on it, the issue it would take 30 days to fix.

Depending on the way they backup or what they backup, they might have to rollback to the state before former patch last week...

I would really like an answer, if logging in and checking will be safe and if they know what triggered it.

Quote Originally Posted by khaletohep View Post
    also, an official post would be nice if the issue is fixed now. Will items be deleted if you log in now? Or have they already been deleted? Is it safe to log in? Will it ever be?
    push!

Well, with a big bunch of sarcasm:
    Funcom says: "Hey, you always asked for more free space in your inventory: here it is!"
    Last edited by Nexothep; 18th September 2013 at 07:38.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast