Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost "can only have one" items

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    The way to look at the problem is not that bags are missing, but "can only have one" items are missing, and some of those items are the bags.
    Now they're "can only have none" items.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    To have a ninja patch make this sort of error is totally unacceptable.
    THIS!

With a "maintenance" you will have a distinct backup you can rollback to and people are cautious and check stuff, so they will report such things pretty quick and count on a rollback.

A ninja patch that tries to fix database related issues is pure fail, sorry. You do bugfixes, patching or optimizing...then shut down servers. You do testing...go testlive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    sezmra
    Community Team

Missing Bags
    If you have noticed that your inventory bag is missing, please submit a petition in game. Customer Service will assist you as soon as possible. The contents of the bag are not lost, they just cannot be accessed until the bag is replaced. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...73#post2065773
    Having to rely on petitions to adress such a problem (which will probably not noticed by half of those affected) is unacceptable, too. 3 gms manually fixing and logging through thousands of toons? ridicolous.

Simple questions:
    - Will it be a temporary problem fixable in a patch?
    - Will it need a rollback?
    - Will players have to check and log through all chars and petition the next months to fix it?
    - Any info on what caused it, what is affected and how to avoid it (like not logging in or if logging in will trigger a problem)?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 17th September 2013 at 21:23.

It's funny to me how many of my friends are saying '**** it, I quit' instead of bothering with the petition.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    It's funny to me how many of my friends are saying '**** it, I quit' instead of bothering with the petition.
    well it depends on the extent of the mess, how long to fix it, will it be totally fixed etc..
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

The mess is already big.

The possibility, that things can just disappear globally while the server is not down DURING PLAY via an unannounced "patch", sabotaging gm or bug without a response for hours (except the helpful cookie) is VERY disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    The mess is already big.

The possibility, that things can just disappear globally while the server is not down DURING PLAY via an unannounced "patch", sabotaging gm or bug without a response for hours (except the helpful cookie) is VERY disturbing.
    Funcom is what Funcom does. This is normal funcom stuff.

I am afraid to log on. Afraid I am going to be even more disappointed/disgusted with Funcom than I already am.

Lot of people are just saying, screw it, I'm done with this game.

Funcom's response? crickets.

A potentially game destroying bug and they're not doing anything at all. Every programmer in the company should've been called back to work, roll the servers back, get 20 people online as GMs, whatever, fix it all asap. Instead, nothing.

actually the GD posted about 30 minutes ago http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...05#post2065805 on the Gaute Slith interview.. yet nothing about this mess?
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast