Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost "can only have one" items

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    I feel occams razor applies here and would say that no one without doubble items were hit.
    I just checked more chars and i have 2 who might have lost a bank item (no idea what) and i am pretty sure (not 100% though, since i might have manually deleted it for space reasons, but i also had lots of space in bank) i lost a yellow wardstone on one char i think i did not even log after the merge (and if, just did a few quests). The wardstone was in the bank and seems lost, but i had a cell door key in inventory which i kept. I am not checking for quest items here, though.

What is the source of your detailed info (more detailed than any official one so far!) in post 111 ?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 18th September 2013 at 18:26.

Post #111 in this thread, i know it is a wall of text, but it exolains it all.
    I am very much aware how it was done, just posted that the Keeper rings are also getting deleted out on those that were targeted by the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I am very much aware how it was done, just posted that the Keeper rings are also getting deleted out on those that were targeted by the script.
    That ring is "can only have one" so yes, the same way as all other "can only have one" items.
    I am Stian ingame...

I feel occams razor applies here and would say that no one without doubble items were hit.
    False. I did not have double items (no duplicated milestones) on any of my toons (including a ranger parked in Yag lobby that never does anything), yet the single Chthonic Nightmare ring was removed from the inventory of all my toons. Thankfully that was the extent of damage to me - all I need to do is reclaim the ring, but it's puzzling why that specific item was removed.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

It still doesn't make sense to me that "I" am the one that has to actively go after something that was "taken" from me by Funcom employee's mistake on the context that On-line game is a paid service. AFAIK any law, rule or common sense in any country would protect the costumer on this particular issue considering no player action gave cause to the double items or the removal of those items. Funcom should be the one restoring the items without a petition having to be issued by the player. I feel a little abused by this kind of attitude.

It's like the majority is being "punished" by the faulty actions of the minority... oh wait...where have I seen this before???

say what you want there are people that got funcomed! They lost items for having more then one mile stone symbol or a beacon relocator. They did not knowingly loot more then one and now they wait for a GM for god knows how long! this is why we had to merge the servers they have a track record for failure!

just got back my full t5 armor on demo...I want to thank GM for that!.....OH WAIT!

Post #111 in this thread, i know it is a wall of text, but it exolains it all.
    There are posts in here from people who had no double items and still got hit. Did they have double milestones or yag port stones? If you just auto-loot in sixmans then you might well have an extra milestone and not know it.

That's a funcom bug though, to allow multiple milestones. Is that a reason to remove items from an inventory?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    There are posts in here from people who had no double items and still got hit. Did they have double milestones or yag port stones? If you just auto-loot in sixmans then you might well have an extra milestone and not know it.

That's a funcom bug though, to allow multiple milestones. Is that a reason to remove items from an inventory?
    Occams razor as i said, it is way more likely that a player grabbed doubble items without knowing than any other option.

It is no question all the blame belongs to Funcom, i'm just informing you all about what is happening.
    I am Stian ingame...

I got answer from gm now btw

-They restore the correct bag without issues and you have your normal items there.

-You need to give the names of all the items you want restored, the GM somehow verifies it, and will not give you items not verified. In my case he refused to give me Coil of Tiandal even tho that is a quest item, this is bad.

-They have no option to check what items are lost.

-You need to petition for each and every affected char, one petition is not enough to have all fixed.
    Last edited by Tarib; 19th September 2013 at 13:23. Reason: removed vid and GM part
    I am Stian ingame...

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast