Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost "can only have one" items

To clear up what is happening here is the how and why:

If you have two or more of the same "can only have one" item, you were targeted by a script. If your char did not have two "can only have one" items at the same time you were not targeted by the script, this means any alt you have not played after the merge is safe.

The people targeted by the script are some exploiters but probable more people that just do some things regulary.
    For example many people to save inventory space claim the totem of origins when they need to use it, before if you had the totem already you did not get it, now you get a second and is therefore a target.

Another ting is if you are running Isle of Iron statues, finishing hardmode you can get the mystical dust in the hardmode chest, before you would just not pick up the dust when you had one in the Inventory, now you can pick up a second and will be a target.

Then there are the milestone symbols, before you did not get them if you had it in the inventory, now you can and therefor is a target.

Probable also many more ways to get two "can only have one" items without you really knowing of it.

So this script was run on tuesday this week around 18:00 GMT i would guess(+/- a few hours). And everyone that was in the target group at that time were stripped of all their "can only have one" items. As far as we know the script was never ran before that, and hopefully will not run again in the future.

It was never a problem with the bags, this was only poor troubleshooting that brought the bags into the picture.

But some bags are "can only have one" items(dont make sense, but it is that way), so if you fear you were in the target group you cannot just check if you have the bag or not. What you can do, is check if you have an item that is "can only have one" in your Inventory. If you have just one "can only have one" item you can be sure you were not in the target group.

There is one exception here, the milestones quest reward ring used to be "can only have one" but that was removed, but the older rings are still marked "can only have one" even if they are not to the system. This ring will not be removed by the script.

If you lost your "can only have one" bag, among them being the veteran bag and money-shop bags, you have not lost the items that are now hidden, as soon as you get the new bag all the normal items that was beyond the first 24 slots of your inventory will still be there.
    I am Stian ingame...

This is atrocious and the way FC is handling it is even worse. How on Earth should the player, paying customer, long time subscriber be penalized for a Company's mistake?!! This is beyond any unreasonable screw up FC has done over the years.

Now I am supposed to log in when I can (not everyone can be online everyday) and waste gods know how long for a petition to get answered and even so hope thtat GM will restore my missing items...

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    FYI, GM fixed me just now... raised petition around 2pm est... currently 10:23.
    Here's more info for you guys. Hopefully you all get fixed too

I submitted my petition around 2:00PM est. GM Contacted me around 10:20pm est. figure a solid 8 hours just in case my times are a bit off.

The GM made me log into my pom, which was the toon that was gutted. They then spawned a bag (66 slot vet bag) that I had been using. Once I opened it, all of my items returned.

Just a few things to note. I never had any of the double claim items that you guys mentioned.

The only possibility I had of a double claim was milestones, and that's IF they were even able to be doubled. I never checked to see if I had one, I would always just roll on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgaarr View Post
    This is atrocious and the way FC is handling it is even worse. How on Earth should the player, paying customer, long time subscriber be penalized for a Company's mistake?!! This is beyond any unreasonable screw up FC has done over the years.

Now I am supposed to log in when I can (not everyone can be online everyday) and waste gods know how long for a petition to get answered and even so hope thtat GM will restore my missing items...
    Now that they are aware of the problem i assume they have given the GMs the tools they need to fix it even if the player is offline, it was not handled correctly yesterday because they did not even know what the real problem was. Now that they do we can only hope it will og on without problems, lets see when we get some reports in from people that got a hold on GMs today.
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    (...)
    Just a few things to note. I never had any of the double claim items that you guys mentioned.

The only possibility I had of a double claim was milestones, and that's IF they were even able to be doubled. I never checked to see if I had one, I would always just roll on them.
    As i said earlier in the thread, there are many ways to get doubble items without activly going for it.

As you usually just roll for the milestones it is very easy to get two of the same.
    I am Stian ingame...

If you had the chthonic nightmares ring in your /claim script, after the merge I ended up with two of the rings listed. So I gave my characters two rings, thinking it was either legit or something that Funcom would fix and it was fun having two rings for a while. I did not equip them on most of my characters.

So a 'fix' was put in game during online play and even though I was offline I lost quite a few 'good' 'can only have one' items. Like social pets (why are these 'can only have one' anyway?) I had on bank characters. Two deaths wards rings (at least I think only two offhand). Tricksters charm. Banes. Yag port stones (don't care about these, or the fireworks). I use milestones as I get them but would not like to lose a bunch of those to this sort of thing.

Funcom put the two rings in my /claim. Yes, I did pull them up for characters to see if I could do it for a day or so. I didn't use them on most chars and I should have deleted them after I found that I could do it. So I got hit. And since I work 10 hour days I might not get an answer for another couple of days.

Even people without the double items had some things taken away. So its not just those who had two items who got 'hit'.

There should be some way of fixing this as an ingame thing vs having some poor GMs have to work with irate people to try and do everything on a one to one basis (and not get all the stuff returned apparently as per previous posts). I mean, you did the damage in game across the board...why can't you fix it in game across the board?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    (...)
    Even people without the double items had some things taken away. So its not just those who had two items who got 'hit'.
    (...)
    I feel occams razor applies here and would say that no one without doubble items were hit.
    I am Stian ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    As i said earlier in the thread, there are many ways to get doubble items without activly going for it.

As you usually just roll for the milestones it is very easy to get two of the same.
    I'm not doubting or disputing. Just offering my feedback as I have already gone through the entire life cycle here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

I have 3 toons I claimed a 2nd Chthonic Nightmares ring and they were taken away by the script, which is fine, HOWEVER those 3 toons also had the Keeper High Priest Protection rings from Phoenix Sword quest also taken away. So there's something wrong with the targeting script that will also flag the High Priest rings. For the toons I have that were left alone by Funcom, every one of them still has the High Priest ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I have 3 toons I claimed a 2nd Chthonic Nightmares ring and they were taken away by the script, which is fine, HOWEVER those 3 toons also had the Keeper High Priest Protection rings from Phoenix Sword quest also taken away. So there's something wrong with the targeting script that will also flag the High Priest rings. For the toons I have that were left alone by Funcom, every one of them still has the High Priest ring.
    Post #111 in this thread, i know it is a wall of text, but it exolains it all.
    I am Stian ingame...

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast