Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Skill points

It's only a ranged character in the minds of simplets. People see bow and think "I'm supposed to stay out of danger everytime", yet they don't see the medium armor and sword and shield.
    You see one of those4 things, I've seen all of them and got the better of them.

In french, rangers are called "Scouts", which suit them better. They have everything to scout, not just staying on the back and running when in danger. That's playing a cripple ranger.
    Last edited by Religolibri; 8th October 2013 at 14:35.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    It's only a ranged character in the minds of simplets. People see bow and think "I'm supposed to stay out of danger everytime", yet they don't see the medium armor and sword and shield.
    You see one of 4 things, I see them all.
    ill repeat it...
    a ranged character shouldnt need to go close range to buff up its range damage .

it was always one of the things granting more unjustified power to ranger class was medium armor they should use cloth/light armor like sin/barb.
    it never made sense that dexterity and not strenght was key stat for ranger should be strenght like barb.

ranger realy needs a full tree for melee with end feats for melee in that same tree could world simple moving around to have the dps end feat "combo" and the melee fear as end feats, meaning having in same tree not just empowerment to melee combat but 2 disting melee combos as end feats in same tree.

but on the other hand near the end feats for melee combo should be some weapon damage multipliers like the existing marked for death and marked target(wich are clearly made for ranged dps) but granting further weapon damage for melee combos(and i do mean combos not the crap system ranger now has), further more adding off hand hits so wielding sword+dagger actualy means something.
    meaning while marked targt+marked for death should be deep in ranged tree they should be buffs for ranged bow/xbow while melee tree having similar feats to boost weapon damage and off hand hits.

archers shouldnt need to be close ranged to gain max dps wich is what master trapper does lol, please stop being blind...

the fact that using traps boosts your weapon damage by the amounts it does force "archer" basedrangers to be close range to gain most damage wich is a direct contradiction wich people like yourself seem unable to grasp...no wonder you say ranger needs taking the shot...

its tragic what they did to ranger class they didnt fix anything about it merely dumbed it down so a chimpanza could still get kills with no skill and never made a proper revamp to fully boost melee for ranger, they merely removed all combos its tragic aoc only has 11 classes in my eyes since they destroyed ranger class.
    Last edited by noite80; 8th October 2013 at 15:06.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

You see one of those4 things, I've seen all of them and got the better of them.

In french, rangers are called "Scouts", which suit them better. They have everything to scout, not just staying on the back and running when in danger. That's playing a cripple ranger.
    I agree, except that traps are still retarded. Dump them and give us some decent melee combos instead. DW, possibly. And no, do NOT find a way to boost ranged DPS the way Master Trapper does. It's not important.

EDIT - damn, I fully agree with Noite.

(When a revamp was first proposed for rangers, way back when the advocate program was introduced, I actually put together a feat system for rangers which involved ranged tree and melee tree, with bottom level melee feats being either to grab agro and boost defence based on shield use or do melee aoe based on dw).
    Last edited by Aell; 8th October 2013 at 14:54.
    shoryuken

in tsw i found this quest in transilvania wich i saw real lore friendly tracking.

footprints shining on the floor.

since i did that quest i fully believe general feats like shiit mountaineer should be changed to traking feat allowing all rogues to obtain not current ranger radar(its radar not tracking what ranger has now) to allowing to see on the ground shiny footprints pointing to intended target.

ranger is a crippled class it got removed every thing wich made it great, wich was the melee combat system and the bow/xbow distinction and still doesnt have a good feat suport for melee combat at all.

edited:found a picture what i mean
    http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/138.jpg
    Last edited by noite80; 9th October 2013 at 21:09.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

@Aell : There's no problem at all with ranger dps with sword actually. It just sucks so bad that there's only 3 weapons for rangers, those that are dext based (The one to buy with esteem tokens, tiger sword, and T4). With them the dps is really ok and don't need any fix.
    The only annoying thing is lack of variety, you have just one dps combo and that's it.

I still think the trap thing is ok with the state of actual rangers since it force people to play the class like intended to maximize their dps.

Btw about this trap mechanics, anybody has tested it with parse to see the difference of dps between 1 point and 5 ?
    Last edited by Religolibri; 8th October 2013 at 15:07.
    Water is my bubble

I still think the trap thing is ok with the state of actual rangers since it force people to play the class like intended to maximize their dps.
    there is nothing furthest from the truth but keep spamming your taking the shot like a pro.
    its so sad that you play ranger melee and dont realize how much better the actual melee combat system is with remaining "real" melee clsses.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

The fact that we can anticipate our sword combo "finisher" by using ranged white hits is a powerful advantage. You change the way it works, you lose this. You can't have everything.

They could maybe add 2 or 3 real melee combos with more than 3 steps, I would really like that.
    Last edited by Religolibri; 9th October 2013 at 05:27.
    Water is my bubble

The fact that we can anticipate our sword combo "finisher" by using ranged white hits is a powerful advantage. You change the way it works, you lose this. You can't have everything.

They could maybe add 2 or 3 real melee combos with more than 3 steps, I would really like that.
    your sword finisher isnt a combo its a spell your only combos are the tortage combos.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    your sword finisher isnt a combo its a spell your only combos are the tortage combos.
    Isn't Cripple still a combo? And Incinerate?
    shoryuken

Quote Originally Posted by Aell View Post
    Isn't Cripple still a combo? And Incinerate?
    i remember crippling snipe being a combo
    i remeber ranger being a proper class with combos before game director destroyied it and made it pure chimpanza class
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dedVlfRfNfQ
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast