Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Skill points

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    in my eyes players like you are reason why i deleted my ranger it will never go back to having combos because of people like you who praise taking the shot as a necessity.

luckily they didnt destroy all the other classes like they did ranger else i would have quited game long ago.
    I cant understand all this judging without ever seeing him how he play ranger. He is one of the rare rangers that is so often in melee that you cant just trow insults like that.
    And why not using tts as ranger, true it is lame and it should be fixed but atm its best choice. I bet you play your dt with vo and not running with sk because vom is lame and op. And yes dt can do ok in pvp eve using sk.
    I partly agree with you about ranger, but only thing i really miss from there is choice between bow and xbow.
    Right now i like idea of buffing combos with upper and lover attacks, big problem is that combos are viable without these presteps. if they fix that, fix tts and make more choices either between bow and xbow or what i would prefer between range and melee ranger would be fun to play

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    I cant understand all this judging without ever seeing him how he play ranger. He is one of the rare rangers that is so often in melee that you cant just trow insults like that.
    And why not using tts as ranger, true it is lame and it should be fixed but atm its best choice. I bet you play your dt with vo and not running with sk because vom is lame and op. And yes dt can do ok in pvp eve using sk.
    I partly agree with you about ranger, but only thing i really miss from there is choice between bow and xbow.
    Right now i like idea of buffing combos with upper and lover attacks, big problem is that combos are viable without these presteps. if they fix that, fix tts and make more choices either between bow and xbow or what i would prefer between range and melee ranger would be fun to play
    he insults himself by praising tts.
    imagine one day logging ingame and for example having no more combos on your bear shaman just that lame up and down buff system...

i have no care for him and i dont care if hes good player or bad player, that is beside the point.

point is gameplay of ranger is horrible, its most boring class to play in any situation possible ingame.

before revamp it was great fun to play it, player like religo who come praise ranger in current form is why i abandoned all hope of ever playing ranger like it was in the passed wich was realy a great class, wich only needed a proper line of sight check on finishers and some proper melee lvl80 dps combos.

ranger was best ranged class ingame at that time in the sense that you could feat one tree+general and not be gimped by it and each tree offered a distinct and dynamic gameplay by choosing especializing on bow or xbow, they didnt just destroy class they destroyed stat distinction of bow/xbow while maitaining the same combo animations, meaning that bow and xbows have same stats in pve yet bow is faster then xbow while in the passed they had diferences with xbow more powerfull to compensate longer animations...

but it all doesnt matter they destroyed it completetly, i lost several friends and enemies who played ranger after revamp because ranger gameplay sucks compared to previous gameplay wich was great, they should have extended combos to all ranged classes not remove combos from only ranged class that had them.

ranger is dead.
    last game director killed it.
    its chimpanza no skill class with awfull uninteresting mechanics.

rip ranger class.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

If you like the ranger, play it for goodness sake. Make up your own mind what is fun or not fun class to play in AoC.

I have more than one 80 of all classes, and ranger is my favourite of them all. Buffing combos up front is the most fun and sensible combo mechanic in the game... you can choose your buffs -- upper, lower, both or none -- and select combo at the last second, not get locked into a boring set of same old same old keystrokes every time you initiate a combo. I don't use TTS, in fact haven't even trained it, and manage to top or come close to top of parses in raids I attend. Anyway, every class has it so-called op skill, so if it's TTS for the ranger, big deal.

As for your question about skills, max run speed and skulk, and keep hide and climbing as high up as you can. Rangers have mez shot at range right from the beginning, so they can mez target in hide without having to worry about getting popped out before they get their shot off. With skulk maxed, you can move almost as fast in hide when you're out of it mezzing targets to your heart's content.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralFear View Post
    I don't use TTS, in fact haven't even trained it, and manage to top or come close to top of parses in raids I attend. Anyway, every class has it so-called op skill, so if it's TTS for the ranger, big deal.
    I dont think anyone uses tts in raids, that ability is OP and lame in pvp and should be changed

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralFear View Post
    As for your question about skills, max run speed and skulk, and keep hide and climbing as high up as you can. Rangers have mez shot at range right from the beginning, so they can mez target in hide without having to worry about getting popped out before they get their shot off. With skulk maxed, you can move almost as fast in hide when you're out of it mezzing targets to your heart's content.
    Thanks for the advice

My Ranger is 27 now, and slowly going through the Gateway to Khitai quests.

Lol at some of you telling a new player(players that we want to come to the game to keep it alive) to delete a toon he just rolled and try something else.

Again...Fucom not killing AoC....its players are.

And to all you TTS haters....just LoS the ranger....how hard is it really.....most of em just spin in a circle anyway....duck behind cover and wait till someone gets within 20 yards of him.....he will put a trap down then hightail it outta there quicksmart

But yes they did dumb ranger down to the point mine bored me to tears after the revamp.......bring back the old combos and xbow vs bow differences pre revamp
    Last edited by stalkerfan; 19th September 2013 at 00:41.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardus View Post
    So funny comming from a TTS user...
    Glad to make a frustrated hox rerolling OP class of the moment smile. Btw a hox killed me yesterday and send me a tell, joking about the discussion you had a global (qq ranger beats hox easily)

About ranger nowadays, people have to remember that with combos, the ranger could shot arrows behind walls and thing, it was ugly as hell. They had to find something and what they did kinda works well.

It sure isn't perfect, but it's still an really honorable answer.
    I would love to have better melee combos (true combos if you prefer), but then it would probably mean at a disadvantage. With the actual system is pretty fair (you could use arrows to buff the melee combo while an OP conq/DT come at you with his HUGE armor and DPS). It works well and the game is pretty well balanced because of that.
    I don't see rangers doing so well on premades, and it's for a reason, which I think is that's because the balance is kinda good.

In my eyes players like you are reason why i deleted my ranger it will never go back to having combos because of people like you who praise taking the shot as a necessity
    The frustated hox that isn't even a good conq neither and who is quoting me, has took a sentence but it's taken out of the purpose. What I said is that TTS is needed when you wants to fight a sin or hox using mostly sword. What I say is kinda ok, and I don't see who could say it is ridiculous because :

Here is a complete list of rangers trying that :
    -Religolibri
    -END-

Nota : I fail often doing this against decent sin and hox, TTS or not. That's the truth.
    I still kinda enjoy the challenge.
    Last edited by Religolibri; 19th September 2013 at 09:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    About ranger nowadays, people have to remember that with combos, the ranger could shot arrows behind walls and thing, it was ugly as hell. They had to find something and what they did kinda works well.
    you play a melee ranger and you like the absurd combat system enforced upon what was a superior combo system...

present ranger combo system is so horrible you only need a lower atack arrow and a upper atack arrow directional atack keys, its so ill made that doing the naked spell still shamelessly bearing the old proper combo name without up or down buffing hits equaly hard, while in the the actual aoc combat system wich ranger had; highest damage is done once combo is completed and finisher animation is delivered, with finisher moves landing on one side making it better for pve given nowadays noone swaps shields anymore its like this arcane mechanic no one remembers except a few veterans still using it, old ranger due to combo mechanics and shield mechanics could use particular combos to exploit players swapping shields engaging other oponents with a combo dealing finisher on that unshielded side.

every single aspect of what made ranger gameplay great was it was a melee combo system like the rest of melees in a ranged dps class.

your continued praise for this ridiculous easymode chimpanza class is beyond me, i want every single class in aoc to be good on its own and to require some modicum of skill to play it, current state of ranger class was a total degeneration of a great class its insidiously boring combat system, doesnt compare to old system wich is shared by all melee classes.

i logged ingame one day and all the combos were gone class then gained these absurd aa's making it even easier to deliver damage in pvp wich makes class ultimate no brain, no skill class.

i loved the old class because of its gameplay even killing some mobs was fun to do and gameplay was fully enjoyable, further more raiding was actualy fun and didnt force you to go melee to do better ranged dps, pvp wise was more balanced and more skill demanding then now, and especialy rewarding to indidual choise of playing bow/xbow it was a great class with enjoyable gameplay.

yeah it did have unfair bugs wich they remove one after all the horrible things were done to ranger but still ranger can shoot from his back its still there only shooting thrugh walls got fixed.

what was done to ranger class was a great offense to debase its gameplay and remove all the fun in playing a combo based ranged class, ill always remember fondly the nice time i had playing ranger with combos i guess its why my forum name still has the name of my ranger wich i deleted.
    Last edited by noite80; 19th September 2013 at 11:43.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Glad to make a frustrated hox rerolling OP class of the moment smile. Btw a hox killed me yesterday and send me a tell, joking about the discussion you had a global (qq ranger beats hox easily)

It sure isn't perfect, but it's still an really honorable answer.
    I would love to have better melee combos (true combos if you prefer), but then it would probably mean at a disadvantage. With the actual system is pretty fair (you could use arrows to buff the melee combo while an OP conq/DT come at you with his HUGE armor and DPS). It works well and the game is pretty well balanced because of that.
    I don't see rangers doing so well on premades, and it's for a reason, which I think is that's because the balance is kinda good.

The frustated hox that isn't even a good conq neither and who is quoting me, has took a sentence but it's taken out of the purpose. What I said is that TTS is needed when you wants to fight a sin or hox using mostly sword. What I say is kinda ok, and I don't see who could say it is ridiculous because :

Here is a complete list of rangers trying that :
    -Religolibri
    -END-

Nota : I fail often doing this against decent sin and hox, TTS or not. That's the truth.
    I still kinda enjoy the challenge.
    frustated hox? dude you were on tortage on stygia i already had +20k kills on my hox, if you die to a hox 1 vs 1 as ranegr time to reroll special handicaps like you using tts.

Btw the best ranger i ever came across played on your server( stygia) is name was Finns.Not the ******** class as it now but the old ranger. The only rangers on fuyr playing without TTS its Ersa and Kina, but im up for 1 vs 1 anytime anywhere you choose location and time.

Ps. my bs/conq are all over r7 almost r8 , its not a rerol and they are chars from 2k9.
    Last edited by Edwardus; 20th September 2013 at 16:48.
    Шторм-кнут

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast