Thread: Are PoMs dangerous anymore?

Default Are PoMs dangerous anymore?

I came back from a 3 year hiatus, and found my PoM is somewhat... underwhelming. Of course, all my gear was hacked and I had to get some compensation from Funcom (props to their account recovery team for going out of their way to help me - it wasn't a perfect recovery, but they did what they could!).

Now I am finding that my specs are much weaker. Repulse changed from 15s to 30s CD (right? Pretty sure it was 15s originally), making all the talents and AA I used to treasure mostly "fluff". All my CCs having cast times - no more instant CC to keep me mobile (AoM, Condemn really need cast times!?) My condemnation seems to hit for 300-400 less per tick than previously, and Holy Storm procs seem to be faaaaar more infrequent since I usually don't see a Holy Storm proc more than once every ~30 seconds?

Not seeing many PoMs these days either. Is the class back to being a "cooldown" based killer? Do you have to go MoM / IW now to have any reasonable burst (and pray my target stays in MSE range for 3 seconds)? I know before I left my PoM was a "proc" killer (LtP and Holy Storm with good crit damage), but procs dont seem to cut it these days unless the target is a clothie rank 3 or lower.

Are there people out there experiencing good killing power with reasonable staying power using any different builds?

I heard there was some kind of "general tree revamp" - it looks pretty similar / the same to me - what improvements make the general tree worth taking at all?

Is PvE gear the route to go now? My PoM is rank 8 w/ a mix of T2/3 PvP gear and some Khitai faction (SC) equipment (and T3 raid weapons). What kind of gear do I need to compete? I'm not doing horrible at the moment, but I usually only see 2-3 kills simply because I can't pump out damage faster than anything except ToS/HoX generally. Going 1v1 against anything with melee seems next to impossible due to the loss of mobility from changes and CCs that seem to be broken instantly every time they're used.

Tips appreciated in regard to my favorite AoC class. I'm not much into re-rolling, and all my other Alts are under-geared unfortunately since Funcom's recovery team was only able to help me restore one of my characters back to reasonable gear levels (and my time restrictions prevent me from really doing a lot of PvE / grinding).
    Last edited by Joalis; 20th February 2014 at 16:25.

hehe, pom is most op class with conq, on same par atleast
    The Law

pom? oh yea its gimp! it surely does need insta ccs, and every mitras searing eye should give 2 kills instead of 1 *sarcasm off*

priest of mitra is one hell of an over powered class

in a premade the other day a pvp t1 pom went 27-1 to top kills, ask balacai if u need the ss

Yeah PoMs have lost their charm.....now 90% of people go Veng/Gen and you pretty much dont die unless you]re stupid.......go full T4 like most and you will melt stuff pretty quickly....altho you tend to melt a bit quicker too.

Yeah changes to Repulse means Light the Path is really only good for keeping your fear on tap.

Changes to PvP3 armour will be icing on the cake really.

Welcome back
    Last edited by stalkerfan; 24th February 2014 at 02:13.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

It's one of the top pvp classes but it takes a good amount of gear and aa. With pvp t2 gear you shouldn't have any issues though. Maybe you're just rusty and not used to the few changes that have happened since you left?
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I might be rusty. Maybe it's an issue with the PvP on Fury because I've still been out-killing the majority of the PoMs I see (though a rank 10 was in a match with me the other day and did reasonably well @ like 8/2 vs my 4/3).

So Divinity is not the "bomb" anymore I see. I will need to relearn the Vengeance way. It was not my preferred playstyle 3 years ago because Holy Cleansing was just ... awesome. Now though HC seems pointless. I'll give it a go.

Is the Veng/Gen spec using Vengeance of the Gods also? That used to be a pretty horrible ability.

Yeah the change to HC from a "healing spell" to one that just gives added protection kinda sucks now......it still puts out the damage as before tho i still think when they removed the +dmg to undead part of MSE and Condemnation they ruined the class alot.

Yeah most go Veng/Gen

http://joharaoc.eu/feat/?link=v2_118...f9bc2f1242f88c

Everyone has their own slight variation on the build.

I am temped to go back to Div when the new pvp armour hits....hopefully i'll be lvl8 by then lol
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

I find that vengeance/div suits me fine (improved armour of faith and fear/silence resists from div are lovely IMO) but that's just me and my fresh Pom (well, it's my second oldest char but limited playtime on it). Armour has helped me more than protection so far I feel.
    Last edited by kalston; 25th February 2014 at 09:21.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.