Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Does funcom care about balanced classes?

T4 has same dmg as khitai one, so bb sin do same dmg as t4 sin, T4 sin has more dexterity which gives sin more evade / stamina, it's not that game breaking,

BUT t4 dagger from etnity is just a joke.. the base dps is so damn high with that combat rating counted on it, not to mention the sin first feat from lotus tree makes it pretty silly..

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    T4 has same dmg as khitai one, so bb sin do same dmg as t4 sin, T4 sin has more dexterity which gives sin more evade / stamina, it's not that game breaking,
    No just no, base dps is almost the same (still bit higher) but crit rating and crit damage are not so it is more damage. Really who cares about combat rating, for most classes it scales so poorly, it's all about weapon damage and crit damage/crit rating.

T4 gear crits more often and higher than BB and it's the same for casters. If you add in t4 accessories and weapons then the difference is actually quite large.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

its not Game breaking amount of crit.. and use t4 acessories in pvp and ur hp drops down to 6k. no point

In the end it all adds up, that's what gear escalation is about. Small difference here, small difference there and voilà you have a big difference. And crit damage has a big impact on sin since you push out some BIG numbers (since so many use soul essence detonation, it's a good example)
    Last edited by kalston; 23rd September 2013 at 15:38.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Soul essence detonation is ok even if u are full t4 and land it on blue hox.. problem here is the face stab.. with luck it can crit 2.5k+2.5k+2.5k+ vile corruption 1,5k on mage for example

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    No just no, base dps is almost the same (still bit higher) but crit rating and crit damage are not so it is more damage. Really who cares about combat rating, for most classes it scales so poorly, it's all about weapon damage and crit damage/crit rating.

T4 gear crits more often and higher than BB and it's the same for casters. If you add in t4 accessories and weapons then the difference is actually quite large.
    Khitai + Shop pots will give u way more efficient difference than T4 gear in comparison to khitai. Actually diffrence between khitai and T4 is overrated alot, ppl just like to use it as excuse for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmuda View Post
    Actually I wont whine over soldiers, they are pushing classes and I got them on my ass often when I am on necro. Fine, they are OP but I dont mind out kite them, thx to energy. Same with POMs that use T4 stuff, Fine ill use object to constantly interrupt their slow spells while I spam instant ice strike. And finally sins with t4 gear, 5-6k deto on my full pvp necro, that is OP. Pvp sins do max 4k wich I think is ok. ANd the most OP **** here is Demo with T4 much more then a soldier, I fall faster from a demo then from an assasin.
    Its goes same all around, tho in most situations with equal skill level soldiers will be winners against others nowdays :> Like good soldier easily kill good caster. Even cripple soldier (thanks for alot retributive damage ), can kill good caster, while cripple caster never kill good soldier ^^
    Last edited by Sarhal; 23rd September 2013 at 19:51.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Khitai + Shop pots will give u way more efficient difference than T4 gear in comparison to khitai. Actually diffrence between khitai and T4 is overrated alot, ppl just like to use it as excuse for everything.

Its goes same all around, tho in most situations with equal skill level soldiers will be winners against others nowdays :> Like good soldier easily kill good caster. Even cripple soldier (thanks for alot retributive damage ), can kill good caster, while cripple caster never kill good soldier ^^

if u ask me i think bb sin and t4 sin got exactly same dmg, only daggers different and t4 got more evade /stamina and some crit rating, you are right here, i only think that t4 weapons are bit over the top...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    When people talk about T4 being overpowered they usually just mean T4 weapons and fact that PvP sets in terms of PvP (in most cases) are inferior to PvE sets. And T4 weapons (or even t3) are huge upgrade compared to PvP weapons.

Like good soldier easily kill good caster. Even cripple soldier (thanks for alot retributive damage ), can kill good caster, while cripple caster never kill good soldier ^^
    Not so sure about that. Killing good caster is really not that simple. Killing bad melee (any) is really easy for good caster (same way around, killing bad caster ain't problem). Everything depends, it is about gear, skill, class, aa's and few other factors (latency!).

Quote Originally Posted by throughthedoor View Post
    I have not really played any other mmorpg because I don't like the pvp style like Conan; but I feel that the classes aren't balanced at all(some are but a lot aren't and the way kills are awarded in minigames is horrible). Is this common for most mmorpgs to have classes unbalanced.

For example I have not heard from ONE person that the conq and necro isn't op in minigames. (yes it depends on the player but I am not talking about half-wits either)
    • No game is balanced, at least this one this complex (so many classes, etc.) and old (gear becomes factor)
    • Furthermore, past AoC Game Directors have gone on record to say that the game is not even supposed to be balanced at all for 1v1 or for pre-80.

My random thought on balancing a game this old/complex: I think class mechanics should be shuffled slightly but regularly all the time. (Look at WoW's patch notes.) Duration of abilities, change abilities from passive to active and back, etc. Right now, the classes and mechanics are so well-known, "skill" boils down to 10% reflexes, 40% luck, and 50% gear. If the classes were being shuffled a little bit every couple months, then players' ability to re-learn/adapt/improvise would be added to the mix; it would also take some of the gear role/pressure off because maybe the most important stat for a class would shift a bit from build to build. And if you accidentally make a class OP? Who cares, it'll be a couple months until the next reshuffle.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bandytaz View Post
    Not so sure about that. Killing good caster is really not that simple. Killing bad melee (any) is really easy for good caster (same way around, killing bad caster ain't problem). Everything depends, it is about gear, skill, class, aa's and few other factors (latency!).
    Everything depends on latency

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast