Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I like to "VENT"

Most T1/T2 raids have been done without voice for some time but even before the merge many raids have had voice as an option & in these cases I always jump on. It's not always about passing instructions, more often than not it's a social thing, as previously posted 'a bit of banter on trash' & so forth. I agree that posters should state if voice is mandatory to avoid confusion but please don't make a big issue of it
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    The world we know is cold and hard; the weak shall be trampled underfoot and the strong will march forward to glory.

Can't remember voice com being mandatory in T1/T2 PUGs on Crom since early 2009 tbh. Maybe one out of 50 or so requires it..
    Skrymirne/Skrymirna/Skrymirni(Guards) Hildrida/Toireasa/Nudde(Conqs) Radgrid/Eirne/Ciannait/Boudicia(DTs)
    Crudelita/Cruelida(Barbs) Sindarilla/Cliodhna/Noinin/Fionuir(Sins) Pinnesenida(Ranger)
    Nuadhu/Maihread(Poms) Toselita(Tos) Qtie/Macushla(BS)
    Livtrasir(Necro) Helsvitje(Demo) Niuth/Niuthiune(Hoxes)

"Waahhh game is too inaccessable for new players!!!....game is dying!!!"

Lets argue about someone suggesting steps toward changing this via a simple statement by a raid leader in global.

Funcom is not killing the game....its players are.....enjoy the downward spiral fellas.
    Last edited by stalkerfan; 17th September 2013 at 00:58.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Well, perhaps, you're not taking into account the large number of new players that come to the game. I suspect you're also not grasping that T1 dungeons are new to a great number of those players.

/salute FURY ~ good on yah

If you bother to read my post you'll see that all I'm asking for is for the PuGs in Global to state vent or no vent . Simple.
    95% dungeons and t1 + t2 (w1) are really easy without any voice needed. I understand that w2 2 last bosses is good to have voice if newbies around. But newbies learn fast if you use whip

For me I just take for granted that if there isnt't something written about TS/Mumble/Vent in the global add I take it as no voice com is used. Having raided on Crom since the merger from Hyrkania I'm used to the silent approach to T1/T2 now.

Have done some raiding with americans/canucks/aussies after the merge last week and its nice to listen to vent (I thought it was an excellent idea to sit on my headset so cant speak myself) during these BRC:s.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post

Have done some raiding with americans/canucks/aussies after the merge last week and its nice to listen to vent (I thought it was an excellent idea to sit on my headset so cant speak myself) during these BRC:s.
    Not sure why there's so much Social Retardation going on here ...

So what you're saying is, you join vent and the. Don't listen?
    Our guild agreed that if we ID the fact you're not listening in vent; we kick you . It'll suck for you when you help clear trash and get kicked at boss.
    I hope that other guilds follow suit
    Last edited by Mustaine; 17th September 2013 at 17:36.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Not sure why there's so much Social Retardation going on here ...

So what you're saying is, you join vent and the. Don't listen?
    Our guild agreed that if we ID the fact you're not listening in vent; we kick you . It'll suck for you when you help clear trash and get kicked at boss.

Must have been some misunderstanding, apolgies for that. What I ment was I do listen thru my speakers but I can't speak due to a broken mic, Have done some nice vent Wing 1:s with Obsidian Dragons. And yeah, I know its cheap to get a new headset just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Edit: Probably my poor english skills that messed it up.
    Last edited by Maark; 17th September 2013 at 17:48.
    Retired

We are a deaf guild. We do not use vent. Please watch for the hand signals. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    Must have been some misunderstanding, apolgies for that. What I ment was I do listen thru my speakers but I can't speak due to a broken mic, Have done some nice vent Wing 1:s with Obsidian Dragons. And yeah, I know its cheap to get a new headset just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Edit: Probably my poor english skills that messed it up.
    My apologies to you as well; my insult was not directly related to you. Let me also clarify - we do accept folks in raid who speak others languages - we bridge this gap with multi-lingual players in vent - I just wanted to make it clear that PuGs should mention in their spams in Global whether of not they're using vent. I, along with others would tend to avoid them.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Raiding is easier with voice communication. You can do it without, sure. But why should you? Do you refrain from talking to co-workers, fellow sports players or anybody else while you do something with them?

It doesn't set up a real barrier for anyone. The required software is available for free. You don't need a microphone/headset to just listen, and that's all that is required. It's less than five minutes of your time spent on installing Teamspeak or Vent - shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

If somebody is actually deaf, then heck, tell the raid lead and he'll know that he has to write everything down, too. But if there's no deaf player in the raid, there's little reason to restrict yourself from using a useful tool just because it might make somebody feel excluded who isn't taking part anyhow.

I've taken part in a voiceless T1 PUG on Crom, and... well, the bosses went down, but it was much, much harder that way, and not much fun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast