Thread: New barb in da town!!

Default New barb in da town!!

Hello fellows barbies!!!

Rerolling a barb at the moment, in fact it was my first toon at launch and first to arrive 80, but in oct 2008 I rolled a BS due guild needings and played all the way (both pve and pvp) my shammy last 5 years.
    Month ago I created a barb in Rage and im really loving it...so I decided to get back to my old barb and start playing him since im bit bored of my BS (im not alt addicted and im playing main class full time). After reading lot of posts here my conclusions are:

1. PvP: Comming from pvping with pvp10 BS Im decided to play zerker. For what I read I will feel too much squishy in reaver barb. My guild do t4 and alt t3 so maybe i can get good 2h if im lucky enough.
    2. PvE: Full raid dps barb: If im not wrong, i have to go full reaver here. Im a bit confused about not so long fights (i.e. K6 HM). Is reaver still the way to go there?
    3. Gear/factions: Untill I can get t4 gear, im planing to go for 2 sets: Tigers and Hyrkanians
    4. AA: still didnt decided nothing here, nor pvp neither pve...seems that we have many options here, which is quite fun

I´m on the right track?

Any feedback is wellcome

Quote Originally Posted by Aodan View Post
    Hello fellows barbies!!!

Rerolling a barb at the moment, in fact it was my first toon at launch and first to arrive 80, but in oct 2008 I rolled a BS due guild needings and played all the way (both pve and pvp) my shammy last 5 years.
    Month ago I created a barb in Rage and im really loving it...so I decided to get back to my old barb and start playing him since im bit bored of my BS (im not alt addicted and im playing main class full time). After reading lot of posts here my conclusions are:

1. PvP: Comming from pvping with pvp10 BS Im decided to play zerker. For what I read I will feel too much squishy in reaver barb. My guild do t4 and alt t3 so maybe i can get good 2h if im lucky enough.
    2. PvE: Full raid dps barb: If im not wrong, i have to go full reaver here. Im a bit confused about not so long fights (i.e. K6 HM). Is reaver still the way to go there?
    3. Gear/factions: Untill I can get t4 gear, im planing to go for 2 sets: Tigers and Hyrkanians
    4. AA: still didnt decided nothing here, nor pvp neither pve...seems that we have many options here, which is quite fun

I´m on the right track?

Any feedback is wellcome
    1. coming from a BS you better go zerker, because reaver is squishy as a sin an way harder to survive and stay balanced in a fight than zerker, plus zerker is great for team support, which in your case, its normal, coming from BS
    2. yep, reaver does the job in terms of full damage, wreck armor buffed up on feat, jagged cuts, whirlwind and dance of death, are all AoE which makes it perfects to help on killing adds, but also some of abilities to support single target damage...be careful though, on adds, you might take aggro very easy with the wreck armor combos and dance of death if you mix them;
    3. tiger for groups with reaver stance and feated, hyrkanian for solo play with any of trees feated (i personally play hybrid and change stances when necessary, but start with reaver always)
    4. my opinions IN PVP:
    - for blue perks, it depends a bit on what your going to do in a pvp fight, kill or support? zerker stance or reaver? more simply, if you go reaver, you need to protect yourself a bit more (chromatic warding for example), if you go zerker you do less damage but are more survivalist, so perks for crits and hit rating, etc
    - for red perks, "Liberation" at rank 5 fast as possible (to make 2min cooldown), because this ability not only removes most CC, but also can be used before a CC to give you immunity AND also gives combat rating buff, the other one, most pp use the "Avoid Entrapment", but if go for team play, "Flanking is still a good choices for your tanks
    - for gold perks, almost every zerker players on pvp that i see use the At The Gates perk (+1k damage each 30seconds on anyone in front), but you can also try the "What It Takes" for a 60% evade/immunity if yo feel you are squishy, or the combination

for group fights in PVE:
    - Tainted Weapons and Finely Honed are a must for most HM fights (some NM also);
    - Some fights require a HIGH hit rating (around 13% min) to avoid missing the TW and FH hits, so if you have the gear that raise it enough for a safe fight, put this perk and rank it until at least the value you need
    - rest of the perks are up to your style of play, you just have to explore

for solo solo: depends a bit on gear you have and skills, equip have you "feel" you need
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;