Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: making smaller group dungeons

Default making smaller group dungeons

I think Funcom should look into making some smaller dungeons. Not solo dungeons but dungeons available as a group of three. You should have a mix of a tank, dps & healer but that is not needed. Funcom should be willing to support smaller groups and guilds as well as the mega guilds. Any options that grant more play should be welcome. There needs to be a bridge between solo play and large group play. This can be balanced out with the new crafting system since drops can be based upon the dungeon/raid complexity instead of the big disparity of worthless trash in most dungeons and decent drops for hard mode and/or raids. Just something to consider after the crafting revamp gets completed.

Most of the old world dungeons can easy be done with 3 people, since they were balanced for no-AA players you can even do it in khitai blue gear.
    I am Stian ingame...

True that if you are capable of running an old dungeon with only half the crew, you probably do not need any of the rewards that you can find there... they still cant be done by undergeared people who duo-trio.
    An alternative to scale up is all the open world content in epic mode. There, bosses are not imune to CC which makes it easier than dungeons. For example, 3 levels 55 would fail trying the cistern, but probably manage eiglophian moutains in epic.
    Last edited by Gevlya; 16th September 2013 at 01:06.

i dont know what drugs you guys are on but most kithai hm's can be done without a full team already.
    old world dungeons dont even need a tank to do on normal.
    i done atzel fortress more then a dozen times without a tank, one time did it 5 necros 1 pom :P; and a few times we 3 man it even whole place without any special gear at all.
    done even iron tower with no tanks just dps and healers me on pom and a tos ended up maintanking with a barb offtanking.

seriously what game are you playing?
    the only fun dungeons are the ones you need a full group and voice com to be successfull.
    like paikang dungeons, coils, sepulcher, mines, ardashir, vile.

not to mention those bosses in threashold wich 3 man can solo all of them tank+healer+mage.

you will even find on these forums some peoples videos of making 6man kithai hm's with 3 people no tank.

why you keep asking to further dumb down game???
    if you feel a dungeon is too hard for you make a post asking for advises how to complete it instead of asking for further stupid nerfs...
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

I am not asking for nerfs. I don't want nerfs. Just asking for content for smaller groups. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by wraithminion View Post
    I am not asking for nerfs. I don't want nerfs. Just asking for content for smaller groups. That's all.
    making content for 3 man groups is a nerf its asking to dumb down mechanics for 6man to catter for solo players, raids are 24 man and instances 6 man rest is solo content, kithai quest and general speaking lvling is for solo or small groups/duets.

you use to be able to do slaughterhouse cellar, attilus mansion with multiple people up to 6 they didnt announce they simply broke those instances to be solo, because what you ask was already ingame untill they broke it, also lvling up in epic mode was intetend for groups wich no one ever does apart from going to fod in epic to farm epic bosses for vanity gear.

and like i said most content available for 6 man can be done with less then 6 depending on instance and player skills.

only thing stoping you inst funcom its yourselves not daring enough to clear dungeons with less then 6 or without healers/tanks.
    while not all available dungeons arent possible like that, a lot are and especialy old world and kithai normal modes its up to player skills and imagination and daring to take up the chalenge of doing them without the intended 6man and healer/dps/tank trio or 6 people.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Khitan normal-mode dungeons are for two or three men.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

No, they are not. They are designed for six players without complete Kithai experience and gear. Same goes for old world dungeons. They -can- be done by two to three overgeared, overexperienced or overly patient players. But that's not how they're supposed to be done.

And please, stop the "don't let other people get stuff as cool as I have"-routine.
    Offering content for 6-player-groups doesn't "dumb down" raids for 24-player-groups. Offering content for 3-player-groups doesn't "dumb down" 6-player-content.

The more people find satisfying content in the game, the greater the number of total players will be. That's good for Funcom, that's good for the game, and that's good for all of us.

One way of offering content for smaller groups might be to allow players to enter the solo dungeons with a group. Either leave them completely unchanged - then they'd be easier, but offer less reward (so that Lunatic doesn't have to cry about gear being given away freely and everybody having it easier today than in the good old times). Or the health of mobs could be increased according to the number of players, with an according increase in loot. That should be a fair solution.

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    ...you use to be able to do slaughterhouse cellar, attilus mansion with multiple people up to 6 they didnt announce they simply broke those instances to be solo,...
    Those started out as solo only instances.

In a later patch, Funcom made them groupable. IIRC they did say they were adding the group feature.

In a patch following that, they restricted grouping to when epic is chosen and restored normal mode to solo-only. They didn't announce this change, but I'd bet what was broken was being able to group in normal in the first change.

Quote Originally Posted by Amabala View Post
    Those started out as solo only instances.

In a later patch, Funcom made them groupable. IIRC they did say they were adding the group feature.

In a patch following that, they restricted grouping to when epic is chosen and restored normal mode to solo-only. They didn't announce this change, but I'd bet what was broken was being able to group in normal in the first change.
    no man from start they always allowed multiple people to enter hence why it has epic mode, nowadays seems only a few selected classes may achieve to do epic "solo" mode

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    No, they are not. They are designed for six players without complete Kithai experience and gear. Same goes for old world dungeons. They -can- be done by two to three overgeared, overexperienced or overly patient players. But that's not how they're supposed to be done.

And please, stop the "don't let other people get stuff as cool as I have"-routine.
    Offering content for 6-player-groups doesn't "dumb down" raids for 24-player-groups. Offering content for 3-player-groups doesn't "dumb down" 6-player-content.

The more people find satisfying content in the game, the greater the number of total players will be. That's good for Funcom, that's good for the game, and that's good for all of us.

One way of offering content for smaller groups might be to allow players to enter the solo dungeons with a group. Either leave them completely unchanged - then they'd be easier, but offer less reward (so that Lunatic doesn't have to cry about gear being given away freely and everybody having it easier today than in the good old times). Or the health of mobs could be increased according to the number of players, with an according increase in loot. That should be a fair solution.
    its exactly because people who dont bother to learn to play and keep crying for instant gratification crap that they systematicaly dumbed down game.
    you dont need imba gear aqt all to 3 man old world dungeons or do them 5-6 man without tank or healer all you need is have minimum knowledge of your class to pull it off.
    and same for kithai normal mode they are so easy...
    reguarding doing kithai hm's you might need full kithai/t3 to pull off 3 maning them but most are possible apart from the actual hard ones or the ones having mechanics unahallowing for 3 man to do it.

so end of story is no thx for for more dumbing down game to make 3 man content or any other crap like that.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast