Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crafting Revamp(?)

Default Crafting Revamp(?)

Is there even a vague idea of where we're at on this?
    Crafting, currently, takes an exhausting amount of grinding and we keep hearing about plans, so it's hard to want to bother with it if all the work is just going to be reset soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwann145 View Post
    Is there even a vague idea of where we're at on this?
    Crafting, currently, takes an exhausting amount of grinding and we keep hearing about plans, so it's hard to want to bother with it if all the work is just going to be reset soon.
    Not yet. All quiet, this is likely the next release for AoC. Anyone's guess when it will happen though, hopefully before Xmas. Current GD quite rightly doesn't give anything out until it's solid.

I'm waiting for this, too, will be a great reason for revisiting old zones.

I hear ya. I actually let my sub run out after months, or should I say "all year" waiting for it. I'm not grinding old resources when they'll be useless at some point in the near future, hopefully. At least by 2014, we were told it'd be here at the start of 2013 if i remember correctly, and 2013 is almost over.

Dont give us excuses Funcom, i dont want to hear about new director, moving offices, cutting back on staff. Just give us some details about the crafting revamp.

9 months have passed now, it has to be some kind of progress made to the crafting in this period. We are dying for information here. If 9 months passes without any progression, then they are not working on it at all.

I been thinking about gathering resources for a T3 craft now, but I will not bother if the crafting is realesed this year. This is why some info would be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by Andistoteles; 13th September 2013 at 15:29.

i think they said that the reason why its still not out is that the new crafting system is not compatible with the renown system and they are trying to fix that or something of that nature

They've merged servers, released a dungeon and put 3 unchained dungeons on tl in the last month.. So saying they do nothing is kind of weird, I do agree that communication, even a line like 'we've done this, or are stuck at that' would be a heads up

It would be appreciated if Joel could at least tell the community what's been done since the last major update.

A while back there was a cryptic suggestion that something might be happening:

Joel Bylos stated to Slith ...

No, there isn't anything about crafting. However, if I manage to pull off one of my grand plans this week, I will post an update about crafting later this week just for you.
    I guess the grand plan was not pulled off. Nonetheless, a few encouraging words would be well received.
    Subbed July 2008 - Try THIS MACHINE AGE a blog for new and casual players of Age of Conan

Quote Originally Posted by Schwann145 View Post
    In what game, or even RL, dosent crafting require grinding.
    If you mean 'hoard piles, so I can be ahead of you all, when rewamp comes'. Then refine it all, and sell it m8. Because most likely all the grinded piles you bothered with will be obsolete, or, as they mentioned, transformation rate -will be so low that hoarders will whine for weeks!

And, rewamping the crafting system, transforming all the current objects base data and skins, making new decomposition lists, etc., aint something thats done swiftly.

Grind is effort that is not fun. It is partly subjective, but i think most agree that the line is drawn, where you need bots to farm mats, if you want to do certain achievements in a human lifetime (or rather game lifetime). Or do you actually think there are real people farming the thousands of basalt?

Just an example for progression:

.../
    ../
    ./
    /
    steep linear progression, low grind

......._/
    ....._/
    ..._/
    ._/
    /
    slower non-linear progression, a bit of grind

..................______________
    ..................!
    ..................!
    ._________!
    /
    similar progression, huge grind

@Svartholdr: We don't even know, if the old 2012 info from crafting is still valid. What will be important is (whatever and however they decide to revamp), that they tell people with ENOUGH time UPFRONT (with the amount of mats needed for some projects in the current system, it should be enough to finish one, if you are over 50% or so). Speaking of at least a few months between the announcement of the plans and the actual patch day.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 14th September 2013 at 10:07.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast