Thread: Nachtwind T1 Random Raid - Every Saturday, 15.00 o'clock CET

Default Nachtwind T1 Random Raid - Every Saturday, 15.00 o'clock CET

Nachtwind T1 Random Raid

Ahoy, Cromites, Mitranians and Setians!

After the merge, we want to continue our regular T1 raid. Newcomers, returning players and veterans trying out their newest feat build or toon are all welcome.

Even if you've never seen a raid dungeon from the inside before, you can learn here what happens there and what all those funny coloured buttons mean. I've learnt to play several classes in T1, too.

To take part, you can register on our homepage www.aoc-raids.de or sent me a tell ingame (to Khaletohep) or private Message here in the forum. No ingame mail, please! I usually post advertisement on Saturday in LFG or Global channels.

Time:
    - Start: Invite at 14.45 o'clock CET*, first pull at 15.00 o'clock.
    - End: ca. 16.45 o'clock CET

*That is...
    13.45 o'clock in London/Dublin/Reykjavík
    14.45 o'clock in Madrid/Paris/Berlin/Warsaw
    16.45 o'clock in Athens/Istanbul/Kiev/Riga
    17.45 o'clock in Moscow

Tour:
    - Kyllikki's Crypt (Field of the Dead)
    - Yaghmar's Cave (Eiglophian Mountains)
    - Vistrix' Lair (Atzel's Approach)

Requirements:
    - Level 80
    - Teamspeak (microphone optional, but you have to able to listen)
    - reasonable equipment (about 6,000 HP for non-soldiers)
    - Experience is not required, but if you need any instructions, please tell me beforehand, so that I know what I have to explain to whom.
    - f2p-players cannot enter Vistrix' Lair, but are welcome to the first two thirds of the raid. Please tell me if you're f2p to avoid any suprises (e. g. half the raid leaving).
    - Mages and priests should have the quest "The Draconis Hex" from NPC Kurtz in Atzel's Approach. He'll give you the quest "To the Dragon's Lair" beforehand - complete that, and you'll get the aforementioned quest.
    - The raid lead and (at least this far) regular members are German speaking, so you'll have to endure at least a little chatter in our most melodic of all languages.

Loot:
    - Armor pieces and weapons are distributed via standard need rolls among the members of the intended class.
    - If you've already got an epic loot piece during the raid, your class colleagues have priority until all members of that class (usually two) have gotten something.
    - Everybody rolls "need" on tokens, unless they've already got either an epic armor/weapon for their class or a token.

Hints:
    - Rangers are advised (but not required) to have the quest "The Great Ordeal" from NPC Fenella in Eiglophian Mountains. You'll get an epic bow/crossbow for free.
    - The quest "Black Dragon Knighthood" can be shared. You'll get a nice epic cloak for free!
    - Don't use up your tokens too early. It looks attractive to buy a piece as soon as you've got the first four tokens. But that's not advisable in the long run. Imagine that exact piece dropping in the next raid - and nobody needing it anymore. You'd have wasted for tokens. It's usually better to wait a little until you've got some pieces via need rolls, and than fill up the other pieces with tokens.
    - It's oftentimes advisable to agree on loot priorities with your class colleagues. Example: If you're really lacking a good weapon, and your colleague doesn't care a lot about what (s)he gets as long as it's shiny purlexx, it'd be smart to agree on you taking any weapons and your colleagues any armor pieces.
    - If you're looking for viable feat builds for T1 raiding, here are some suggestions:

Soldiers:
    - Guardian
    - Dark Templar
    - Conqueror

Rogues:
    - Assassin
    - Barbarian
    - Ranger

Priests:
    - Tempest of Set
    - Priest of Mitra
    - Bear Shaman

Mages:
    - Demonologist
    - Necromancer
    - Herald of Xotli

Note: I do not claim to have found the ultimate, one size fits all super build for each and every class. The aforementioned builds are just examples of what others have used to survive on T1 raids.
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 14th September 2013 at 15:23.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    ...you'll have to endure at least a little chatter in our most melodic of all languages.
    I don't know why but this kind of just made my day hahaha!

I speak German myself and I've thought a lot of things about the language over the years but I can certainly say I've never thougth of it as melodic
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

Talking

Just checked the assasin specc and saw that it had atrophy. It's better for solo pve/pvp. If you need a good raid specc, check out assasins feat thread, same with all classes. I like the idea to help new players know what to do on the bosses, aswell as providing more social for the good geared/veterans. I'll try to join next raid.