Thread: Missing friends list - Missing Friend

Default Missing friends list - Missing Friend

All my characters friends lists have been wiped. This makes it extremely difficult to contact a friend you planned to regroup with after the merge, considering his name has been changed and he is F2P.

Just wanted to let you devs know. Hopefully a fix can be created?
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Same with guild...they adressed this issue in a post from Tarib:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=185068

It shows there was something seriously messed up and there is a possibility for data to be lost or inconsistent.

Will there be a time limit, for guildies/friends to log in?

What about inactive chars on f2p accounts?

Seriously, funcom should fix it and "just let all login" is NOT a fix or a solution.

Just saying, because some of my friends and guildies might not log in for months...but they are always welcome. If they disappear from the database, lists and guilds, how can they feel welcome?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 11th September 2013 at 12:34.

It's good to know that I will be able to see his name on my friends list when he logs in, but what if his name was changed? Will it still appear?
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    It's good to know that I will be able to see his name on my friends list when he logs in, but what if his name was changed? Will it still appear?
    Dont be lazy and read the Server merge FAQ.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

This really needs fixed by Funcom. Having all friends lists nuked is a big problem. We now have no idea who our friends really are if we try to re-add them. Big issues when you have friends away from game and can't easily communicate name changes. Not to mention trying to add them all back manually on all characters would take hours if I could even remember them all.

While you are at it, you should fix all preferences, chat windows, etc that were deleted. I don't want to try to recreate everything from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Dont be lazy and read the Server merge FAQ.
    Hmmmm, I read the server merge FAQ and it said my friends list would still be there. Maybe Funcom needs to read their own FAQ. I have no friends on any toon on either account. This needs to be fixed.

Doesn't effect me, didn't have any friends to start with
    Ashareth: Assassin (80) - Tsong: Ranger (80) - Ashoreth: Dark Templar (80) - Belidos: Conqueror (80)
    Ashorath: Guardian (52) - Asharoth: Priest of Mitra (80) - Asheera: Tempest of Set (80)
    Asharath: Bear Shaman (5) - Asharatep: Demonologist (80)

Hey guys - I've got some updates on this.

Having no friends on your friends list was not intended to be the case as a result of the server merge, but unfortunatly your friends lists will need to be recreated. It's not something Funcom will be able to restore.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    Hey guys - I've got some updates on this.

Having no friends on your friends list was not intended to be the case as a result of the server merge, but unfortunatly your friends lists will need to be recreated. It's not something Funcom will be able to restore.
    Oh that's just wonderful. My friends lists will never be the same, and I will probably never know if old friends ever come back to the game.

Also, something tells me this is along the same lines of impossible as the Merging of EU and US together was said to be by the previous GD. In other words, I assume they still have all the data in its pre-merge state, they just don't want to go to effort of finding a way to re-associate it to people's characters.

Thanks for letting us know anyway.