Thread: Really, Funcom??

Default Really, Funcom??

How on earth are you guys able to NOT realize that taking servers down for maintenance during EU (which is your largest region playerwise) primetime will ultimately bring you a playerbase filled with anger and resentment? You should have timed this to early US mornings, while EU is still at work and US is waking up and about to go to work, meaning that the players affected by this is at a MINIMUM, not at a MAXIMUM as now. Again, really?

How can you not see this simple logic? How can you not plan downtimes for when you get to work instead of doing this just before you head home from work? Prep for it the evening before and get working on it when you get to work in the morning.

For future reference, this should be a cause of concern, seeing as the US is the smaller population of AoC and EU WILL not take this crap forever. Thank you for ruining yet another night. Thank you!

/signed

This is seriously unprofessional.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

For crying out loud stop taking the servers down every night in EU prime time, I haven't been able to play once this week and i'm getting fed up with it.

What's more annoying for me is it's not just during prime time it's the whole night for me, I get home from work at 1930 BST and have to be up for work at 5am BST so latest I go to bed is 11pm BST, this server maintenances is 19:45 BST to 2145 BST that's my whole night every night this week gone.
    Last edited by Asharoth; 12th September 2013 at 18:58.
    Ashareth: Assassin (80) - Tsong: Ranger (80) - Ashoreth: Dark Templar (80) - Belidos: Conqueror (80)
    Ashorath: Guardian (52) - Asharoth: Priest of Mitra (80) - Asheera: Tempest of Set (80)
    Asharath: Bear Shaman (5) - Asharatep: Demonologist (80)

I'm not that angry but disappointed. I came back from work, thinking to play minis agains my new friends until 11pm and surprise ! It's maintenance time !
    I would understand the hours chosen better if it was for an important issue, but it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    I'm not that angry but disappointed. I came back from work, thinking to play minis agains my new friends until 11pm and surprise ! It's maintenance time !
    I would understand the hours chosen better if it was for an important issue, but it is not.
    Yes the same thing but I have a cold ...AHHH. I can wait a couple of hours!

As stated in a different thread, also closed...

Quote Originally Posted by sezmra View Post
    It's always unfortunate that downtime interferes with gameplay. I assure you that our maintenance work is very important, particularly after such a complex endeavor as this server merge.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience today's downtime has caused. We will continue to announce any maintenance or updates as needed.

Thank you for your patience, folks.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.