Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Guilds heading back to pvp server.

Open world pvp > everything Crom has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Urzra View Post
    Considering Crom is a PVE server, that's not really the question. The actual question is, on Crom, can you PVP as a solo or group player, and on a PVP server, can you PVE as a solo or group player? Note this isn't a matter of 'sometimes' but 'most times'.

On Crom, as a solo player, you can do PVE pretty much as much as you want to. As a group players, you can do even more PVE. You can also participate in PVP solo, or as part of a group in one of the PVP areas set aside for that purpose. There might be not as many PVP activities going on at any one time in those areas because PVP has to be chosen by the participants, but it is fully viable.

On a PVP server, as a solo player, you can -not- do PVE except when the vast majority of the population is busy doing something else and you happen to skip past the griefers, as PVP is forced upon everyone. As a group, you also find yourself ambushed and interfered with, making doing PVE content at the minimum difficult and at the maximum impossible. You can participate in PVP solo, but generally only by dying, as any kind of solo play means you will be cut down by any groups hunting for easy kills. Thus, the only viable play on a PVP server is group PVP activities, as -everything- is PVP, or as PUG PVP activities, which are the same on whatever server you go on.

So, there really isn't any reason to go to a PVP server except as an experienced character who has used the PVE server to progress and equip themselves to survive on the PVP server, and who only wants to participate in group PVP. Otherwise, you would do much better on a PVE server like Crom, which offers more diverse play options. And, in truth, I think it says all that needs to be said on the subject that players who want to be on a PVP server come to a PVE server to do all their leveling and equipping. PVP servers are sub-servers of PVE servers, and depend on the PVE servers for their survival and new players.

Finally, to be honest, any Guild that wanted group PVP would already have been on the PVP server. Those that are on Crom are there for a reason, and those reasons haven't changed with the merger.
    Not quite sure what you saying sounds like your contradicting yourself

I said about the amount of PVE T4 weapons\gear being used in PVP on crom! and you reply "Crom is a PVE server, that's not really the question."

As a pvper why would i want to join a mini game full of pve T4 gear or face 48 player sieges in PVE T4 gear (cause thats what you get on crom)

I said above click click clueless range classes still do well imba dps with PVE T4 gear
    (a few clicks from a ranger in pve T4 lol)

But if you want a mix of pve and pvp then yeh maybe crom is the place
    I sure as hell would not transfer to crom for PVP game

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    Not quite sure what you saying sounds like your contradicting yourself

I said about the amount of PVE T4 weapons\gear being used in PVP on crom! and you reply "Crom is a PVE server, that's not really the question."

As a pvper why would i want to join a mini game full of pve T4 gear or face 48 player sieges in PVE T4 gear (cause thats what you get on crom)

I said above click click clueless range classes still do well imba dps with PVE T4 gear
    (a few clicks from a ranger in pve T4 lol)

But if you want a mix of pve and pvp then yeh maybe crom is the place
    I sure as hell would not transfer to crom for PVP game
    What I was saying is that expecting Crom to be rated for it's PVP game is probably missing the point, as it isn't supposed to be PVP-centered. That said, there is still PVP that is possible on Crom, and as you have noted, that will be very challenging because of the numbers of people who are fully-equipped with items that allow them to fight well in PVP, and not just those who have been in PVP for a very long time and may have had a lot of help the new players don't have access to.

So, while it may not be what you are looking for, there are still good reasons for others to transfer to Crom for PVP as well as PVE, not the least being that trying to level and equip a character on a PVP server is an uphill battle against mammoths. Every person can make their own choice, but the main thrust of this thread was an attempt to convince people that a PVP server was a better place to play the game as whole, which is not true. It is for those players who have advanced as far as they can on the PVE server and are looking for only group PVP for the rest of their time in AoC, without regards to PVE, soloing, or gaining equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Urzra View Post
    Considering ...
    just one question.. how much time have you spent on a PvP server (and when?)?
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    Fury:
    1. Lots of minigames
    2. Occasional sieging
    3. No pug raids
    4. Very few (almost none) pug Khitia Hard modes
    5. Lots of cheating
    6. Medium to Low Population
    7. Cyrillic Spam fills Global
    Oh, there we go again... We know who you are in-game and you don't even do any pvp so please, shhhh

2. I would say there are "regular" sieges since they happen every week...
    3. t1/2 pugs + occasional t3
    4. plenty of HMs
    5. very little cheating (probably the same or less than Crom given the smaller pop)
    7. a small number of Russian trolls sometimes fill Global with Cyrillic

Btw almost no one is talking about transferring from Fury to Crom, on the other hand several talk about transferring from Crom to Fury. And you promised to shut it if they did, remember?
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    exagerating too much, there's sure more t4 pve than fury but far far from "full of pve t4 gear".

im thinking moving a couple chars to fury seems some nice rp pvp events are happening, and overall i realy couldnt hate more the pvp scene in crom minigames.
    thinking my pom & hox or maybe my nab conq instead of hox.

but i realy had bad experience right after merge of aquilonia with fury with russians hope things are better now, but global cyrillic aint realy an issue for me most of the time i dont even have a global chat active.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Btw almost no one is talking about transferring from Fury to Crom, on the other hand several talk about transferring from Crom to Fury. And you promised to shut it if they did, remember?
    this is because after the last free transfers in summer 2012 half of Fury was at Crom already (with at least some chars), so no need to talk about transfers now.. when I moved my chars here, I already knew the same amount of people as back on Fury, if not more (btw the same happened when I moved from Aqui to Fury in 2010)
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Well, the delay to activate the free transfers is actually a good thing. There will be no impulse transfers to Fury, people can log and see how it is before they put their characters there.

It's just a mess on Fury. Not worth it.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

I would say the boat has been completely missed and think when transfers finally do happen it will be a mass exodus to crom not fury sadly

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast