Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilds heading back to pvp server.

Quote Originally Posted by Urzra View Post
    I'm not surprised that a PVP player would seek to turn any conversation not going their way into a fight between the participants, since I've seen that tendency among all such players.

To you, 50 bucks is nothing, just chump change to be thrown around. To some of us, it is very hard to justify that kind of expenditure merely to experience content we already have on Crom. I don't see the PVPers on Fury to be any more than those we had on Set and now Crom...same crowd, same interest, same goals. Except, of course, they have to come to Crom to get anything done except PVP because doing anything but PVP on a PVP server is next to impossible.

So, I'll keep my own council about where and with whom I choose to play with, until such time as a valid reason can be shown why I would want to be a target for griefers every moment of my playtime.
    Why are you so serious? This is a game to have fun in, and you seem like you have no fun at all.

Here's an idea to eliminate the main reason for you not coming to the pvp server:

Since you obviously treat this game as a job, why not farm gold for the gold farmers, make $50, then come over? If your guild makes you feel like you are working, like you 'owe' them, like you should be so emo on the forums, then you need to get Giggity and leave!

If you really don't have an extra $50, and live in emo poverty, you really don't need to be on a game forum.

Anyone else that wants to come over for fun, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Why are you so serious? This is a game to have fun in, and you seem like you have no fun at all.

Here's an idea to eliminate the main reason for you not coming to the pvp server:

Since you obviously treat this game as a job, why not farm gold for the gold farmers, make $50, then come over? If your guild makes you feel like you are working, like you 'owe' them, like you should be so emo on the forums, then you need to get Giggity and leave!

If you really don't have an extra $50, and live in emo poverty, you really don't need to be on a game forum.

Anyone else that wants to come over for fun, let me know!
    A person who actually solicits others to participate in gold farming in the game...I guess we know why you don't consider fifty bucks a big deal.

As for fun, I think people have quite a bit of fun on Crom, otherwise we wouldn't have so many people on it instead of Fury. Why would I be serious about throwing away 50 bucks, though? I guess it has to do with 50 bucks being a significant amount of money for someone who works for a living, and casually blowing off people because they are hesitant to risk that shows a disrespect for others that has nothing to do with having fun (unless you are a griefer, of course).

And, I was not given to understand the game forums were only for those who live with more money than sense. Last I saw, it was for anyone who played the game. If that bothers you, I suggest you take your own advice and return to where you came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Ataline View Post
    I AM CANADIAN!
    Here, here!
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Well thanks to me and my endless plea to open the border regions to FTP fury is the place to be if you just want to rp and PvP....YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY ****.....via LA FTP
    Satet-ka High Priest of Set

Fury:
    1. Lots of minigames
    2. Occasional sieging
    3. No pug raids
    4. Very few (almost none) pug Khitia Hard modes
    5. Lots of cheating
    6. Medium to Low Population
    7. Cyrillic Spam fills Global

Crom
    1. Lots of minigames
    2. Occasional sieging
    3. Many pug raids, even T4
    4. Many pug Khitia Hard modes
    5. Some cheating
    6. High Population
    7. Minimal Cyrillic Global spam

The delaying of the free transfers are actually a good thing. People on Fury and Crom can see what the servers are like, and can make more of an informed choice about these servers by themselves.
    I think I summed it up quite accurately, that Crom is a better place to play with the pvp side of the game in its current condition.

If Funcom had a more robust exploit policy, fixed the consequence system and added some pvp content then Fury would be a better place to play. Until then, Crom is where it's at.

And to answer the OP's thread, I dont think ANY guild will head back to Fury. Not one.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ataline View Post
    Our guild left Tyranny as there was rarely enough players to even pop a mini..there was no open world to be found. The merge has brought many new pvpers and minis pop constantly. We have also had some fun battles in CE
    Will I move a toon back to Fury/tyranny? maybe but not a main. Will the guild go ? cannot see that happening.

And as a side note ... I keep seeing global referring to Americans as if all players on set were American...Please realise that set /tyranny were not all Americans some of us are Canadian some of us are Australian among others... It would be like saying all EU were German or Polish or whatever [wrong!]

I AM CANADIAN!
    Ata
    Let's get Canada married together

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Canada is in America so.. you are an american. If you dont believe ask it to your Dad
    Canada is in North America.

When you refer to "Americans", though, it refers to the USA. The point a lot of us are making is that when you blanket us all with that stigma, you come off very ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    Fury:
    1. Lots of minigames
    2. Occasional sieging
    3. T1/T2 pug raids
    4. Constant Khitia Hard modes
    5. Lots of cheating
    6. Medium Population
    actually 3, 4 and 6 on your list are incorrect...I fixed them for you

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    Fury:
    1. Lots of minigames
    2. Occasional sieging
    3. No pug raids
    4. Very few (almost none) pug Khitia Hard modes
    5. Lots of cheating
    6. Medium to Low Population

Crom
    1. Lots of minigames
    2. Occasional sieging
    3. Many pug raids, even T4
    4. Many pug Khitia Hard modes
    5. Some cheating
    6. High Population
    7. Minimal Cyrillic Global spam

The delaying of the free transfers are actually a good thing. People on Fury and Crom can see what the servers are like, and can make more of an informed choice about these servers by themselves.
    I think I summed it up quite accurately, that Crom is a better place to play with the pvp side of the game in its current condition.

If Funcom had a more robust exploit policy, fixed the consequence system and added some pvp content then Fury would be a better place to play. Until then, Crom is where it's at.

And to answer the OP's thread, I dont think ANY guild will head back to Fury. Not one.
    You need to add CROM MINIS Full of T4 weapons accesories gear
    even a total noob can do well with T4 weapons accesories
    click click ranger T4 dmg boom click click mage T4 dmg boom

Untill funcom balance out PVP gear to be used in PVP i would never transfer to crom for pvp lol

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    You need to add CROM MINIS Full of T4 weapons accesories gear
    even a total noob can do well with T4 weapons accesories
    click click ranger T4 dmg boom click click mage T4 dmg boom

Untill funcom balance out PVP gear to be used in PVP i would never transfer to crom for pvp lol
    Considering Crom is a PVE server, that's not really the question. The actual question is, on Crom, can you PVP as a solo or group player, and on a PVP server, can you PVE as a solo or group player? Note this isn't a matter of 'sometimes' but 'most times'.

On Crom, as a solo player, you can do PVE pretty much as much as you want to. As a group players, you can do even more PVE. You can also participate in PVP solo, or as part of a group in one of the PVP areas set aside for that purpose. There might be not as many PVP activities going on at any one time in those areas because PVP has to be chosen by the participants, but it is fully viable.

On a PVP server, as a solo player, you can -not- do PVE except when the vast majority of the population is busy doing something else and you happen to skip past the griefers, as PVP is forced upon everyone. As a group, you also find yourself ambushed and interfered with, making doing PVE content at the minimum difficult and at the maximum impossible. You can participate in PVP solo, but generally only by dying, as any kind of solo play means you will be cut down by any groups hunting for easy kills. Thus, the only viable play on a PVP server is group PVP activities, as -everything- is PVP, or as PUG PVP activities, which are the same on whatever server you go on.

So, there really isn't any reason to go to a PVP server except as an experienced character who has used the PVE server to progress and equip themselves to survive on the PVP server, and who only wants to participate in group PVP. Otherwise, you would do much better on a PVE server like Crom, which offers more diverse play options. And, in truth, I think it says all that needs to be said on the subject that players who want to be on a PVP server come to a PVE server to do all their leveling and equipping. PVP servers are sub-servers of PVE servers, and depend on the PVE servers for their survival and new players.

Finally, to be honest, any Guild that wanted group PVP would already have been on the PVP server. Those that are on Crom are there for a reason, and those reasons haven't changed with the merger.
    Last edited by Urzra; 2nd October 2013 at 16:50.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast