Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilds heading back to pvp server.

Default Guilds heading back to pvp server.

Just wanted everyone's thoughts on this. Most guilds moved to set for one of two reasons. Reason A they wanted to learn t4 strats to get gear for PVP or they came because the rest of the population came to get gear for PVP. Heince bringing the PVPers to follow to at least do minis.

Well IMO if you're not helping the problem then you're the problem. So now that most of us have T4 knowledge what guilds would consider moving back to the PVP server in the name of PVP? We all want open world, we all miss it. Well I am sure now would be a great to to make it happen.

If we can get people commited to moving and have a clear picture that other guilds are on board I think we could have a lot of fun with the additions of EU and US merging.

Disclaimer, I am not speaking for Social Rejects I am only asking peoples thoughts. I myself truly miss open world and would almost be willing to not do T4 if only I could do open world.

This game is on its last leg, lets give one more good try before it dies.

well, Requiem Nex used to do T4 on Tyranny, and we did very well in T4 there. But when we were not raiding, we wanted to minigame, and play all kinds of 6 mans at all times of the day. Tyranny did not offer us this opportunity, so we moved to SET where we found almost all those opportunities. It was a good choice for us.

So learning T4 strats was not the reason for our move, the population was.

CROM population is amazing, I really doubt that we would move back to the PVP server.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Thank you scav this further proves my point. People move either due to population or for better gear. I realize this may have no impact as most people are scared of moving and nobody else following. The fact is most people are sheep and need to be lead to ranch. Without someone taking a chance we will just have to deal without world pvp. Although, in my heart I will never let it go. I might not be the best PVPer but I do love the reward it gives when managing to get a few lucky kills. PVE I can be anyone's friend but PVP I am one nasty person and only out for blood lol sad but true.

Default PVP servers

My guild used to by on Tyranny as well and the majority moved over to Set because the population on Tyranny was to small and open world PVP was sparatic at best, more time waiting for it than doing it. Most people had to pay to transfer thier characters to Set and even though there will be a free character transfer for anyone that wants it, it would still mean that if it does not work out they will have to pay for each toon to get it transfered back. It's a chance thats just not worth taking, I love open world PVP too, but it's time to face it, that time has passed us by, RIP open world PVP. Best to stay where the population is and ejnoy the mini's that pop.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel396 View Post
    My guild used to by on Tyranny as well and the majority moved over to Set because the population on Tyranny was to small and open world PVP was sparatic at best, more time waiting for it than doing it. Most people had to pay to transfer thier characters to Set and even though there will be a free character transfer for anyone that wants it, it would still mean that if it does not work out they will have to pay for each toon to get it transfered back. It's a chance thats just not worth taking, I love open world PVP too, but it's time to face it, that time has passed us by, RIP open world PVP. Best to stay where the population is and ejnoy the mini's that pop.
    You give up a lot in your life, yes? It's a game. Transfer for free. If you get beat down in pvp, transfer back. Pretty simple.

What's up Punk! Long time no see. Tell Georgie I Said Giggity!

Hey loaf, sorry your forum name does not ring a bell. Who is your main?

You all moved here cause rprs moved here and we got minis poppin 24/7....nice relaxing minis.

Now all you baddasses came and made PvP tense again so we are going to the PvP server to destress...

Please don't follow!!

Baddies (rp baddies not PvP baddies)
    Satet-ka High Priest of Set

Quote Originally Posted by PunkJiuJitsu View Post
    This game is on its last leg, lets give one more good try before it dies.
    We've had this discussion from time to time in guild.

The conclusion we always come to though is that when this game does die, the last populated server will be crom - so it would be a waste of money to move back temporarily to tyranny, know at some point in the future the need move back would be almost certain.

But... a lot of us still have toons on tyranny, so what I'd suggest is rather than ask who wants to move their whole guild and all toons back, just try and ask people to pledge one decent toon to be moved, knowing that it will one day need to be moved back.

Kinda like pledging your $20 in the name of open world pvp.

A lot of us are considering moving one toon back.

Eh.

I moved to Set when I got hit too often trying to solo quest in the 'new' zone of khitai on my demo (i.e. fighting quest mobs and having a rogue jump out of hide when I was already handling two to three mobs and getting a 'free kill').

Made new chars on Set, got into a high end raiding guild, am enjoying the game a lot more in world nonpvp.

So not everyone came to set to get pvp gear aka t4.

Devs should have made mobs break off and attack 'attackers' in open world pvp. That would have made sense imo.

We all know the pve sever will die last but the real question is are you gonna give up 3 hours of non stop factionated PvP in kesh on merge day 1 for t4?

I perused both servers. There was double the pop on crom.... the usual boring minis and no open world.

The role players were sitting in the inn erping and emote kicking one another in the nuts....

On fury I got to run around PvP and role play with a bunch of new people.

I doubt it will last past December but I gotta admit it was awesome while I was doing it.
    Satet-ka High Priest of Set

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast