Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Gaute Godager (AOC creator)

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    I think Gaute honestly must have just forgotten. They were most certainly not in at launch and he was the Game Director at the time and for a while afterward.

They were removed for the sheer amount of clipping issues that they caused (and they still would because we would have to retarget every animation).

Fun fact: My wife is a psychologist and she worked with Gaute for quite a while after he left Funcom.
    I've been following Age of Conan since 2005. Joel is right. Scabbards *were* removed on Gaute's watch.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Yeah that's a fact, but I think people, like me, taught they were just removed temporarily and be added again when they were finished etc...

I don't think Gaute was serious in that reply. He most certainly did the *wink wink* *nudge nudge*
    Retired

I think Gaute honestly must have just forgotten. They were most certainly not in at launch and he was the Game Director at the time and for a while afterward.

They were removed for the sheer amount of clipping issues that they caused (and they still would because we would have to retarget every animation).

Fun fact: My wife is a psychologist and she worked with Gaute for quite a while after he left Funcom.
    I know who I trust, you not him , Nus.

It's easy to mis-remember things after the event (Gaute), score for Slith though, he's a good lad!
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

Are u trying to say he is crazy?
    The sieges are complicated because it is a mess of code and systems and hacks that scares me to commit people too. I feel like it could be a development black hole - you throw resources at it forever and you never see anything for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bolas View Post
    Are u trying to say he is crazy?
    Ha ha, man that sounded bad

No, Gaute is also a professional psychologist.
    Retired

Haha, funny how those who didn't know could understand this that way.

Dont forget scabbars!

Add scabbards, etc, as a new backslot item, with stats, as a replacement for cloaks. buyable with rare tokens. or whatever. must be paired with correct weapon type Either that, or some Generatic, backpack item that conincides with the currently location of weapons on your back. I mean we are already having tons of clipping issues with cloaks. so who cares? cloaks themselves look out of place with a weapon on back.

Defense

still up for a revamp of defence, allow for Holding ctrl(configureable key) to Roll left or right back or forwards. (instead of double tap).
    the current double tap mechanic feels clunky and boring.

And yes gaute was still game dev at games release. the fact that he seems to have forgotten they werent in long after the game was released. says abit i think.

Still would have prefered combo finnishers to be much faster, barbs cosX takes way too long for ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Melekaiah View Post
    Dont forget scabbars!

Add scabbards, etc, as a new backslot item, with stats, as a replacement for cloaks. buyable with rare tokens. or whatever. must be paired with correct weapon type Either that, or some Generatic, backpack item that conincides with the currently location of weapons on your back. I mean we are already having tons of clipping issues with cloaks. so who cares? cloaks themselves look out of place with a weapon on back.

Defense

still up for a revamp of defence, allow for Holding ctrl(configureable key) to Roll left or right back or forwards. (instead of double tap).
    the current double tap mechanic feels clunky and boring.

And yes gaute was still game dev at games release. the fact that he seems to have forgotten they werent in long after the game was released. says abit i think.

Still would have prefered combo finnishers to be much faster, barbs cosX takes way too long for ex.
    i agree with double tap its clumsy and stupid made.
    Sometimes the game even bugs out and sends you into a double tap even tho you don't even touch that movement key like when kiting.
    Atleast making this customizeable would be great

I think somebody's been playing too much on their Illuminati character!

- KG
    Last edited by CrayC; 20th September 2013 at 17:25.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast