Thread: Returning player looking for a guild

Default Returning player looking for a guild

After a lang break from the game i have decided to pick up where i left off and return to hyboria.

I orginaly started in the beta and played for a few months with a group of friends who joined me form another game, after a few months we moved on and since then i've come back a few times mostly solo, the most recent of which was at the beginning of last year for a few months.

For reasons unknown in that time i forgot to cancel my subscription and always kept the client updated, i probably knew i would be back eventually, so now a year later i'm back and because of offline levels have 7 level 80's with no clue how to play most of them and only vague memories from the two that were already level 80 when i quit last.

With this in mind i have started a new character (guardian) and leveled him up to the early 50's just following the general quest lines etc. Playing last night i finaly made a decision to join a guild as i'm sure soloing all the time means i am missing out on something.

So basically what i am looking for, is a fairly casual and friendly guild, one that can take me in and introduce me to the aspects fo the game i haven't seen while soloing (for example i have never to my knowledge been in any dungeon or raid in this game) and help me to learn more about my characters.

It will only be with the one character (the guardian i am leveling) to start with, but as i get to know people and become more sure about the guild i will probably add others.
    Ashareth: Assassin (80) - Tsong: Ranger (80) - Ashoreth: Dark Templar (80) - Belidos: Conqueror (80)
    Ashorath: Guardian (52) - Asharoth: Priest of Mitra (80) - Asheera: Tempest of Set (80)
    Asharath: Bear Shaman (5) - Asharatep: Demonologist (80)

http://www.the-unforgiven.eu/

We are mature, friendly, helpful and english speaking. We have members from all over Europe. There is no guild tax, no requirement for online time or activity. We do raids and you can join them once you are level 80.
    Last edited by Shax84; 9th September 2013 at 14:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    http://www.the-unforgiven.eu/

We are mature, friendly, helpful and english speaking. We have members from all over Europe. There is no guild tax, no requirement for online time or activity. We do raids and you can join them once you are level 80.
    Thanks for the info.

I took a look and i'm not sure if they would be good for me though, looking at the web site it seems to be all about raids with some very strict rules, infact the rules section mentions nothing but raids, so i'm not sure what else you guys do, it also states on your recruitment section that you are looking for raid experienced pve players, i've never seen a raid (at least not here).

I'm not looking for a raiding guild, i'm after a guild that's more about the fun and social aspect and will do the odd dungeon, even if it's just a lower level dungeon at high level so people can see it etc if you know what i mean.
    Ashareth: Assassin (80) - Tsong: Ranger (80) - Ashoreth: Dark Templar (80) - Belidos: Conqueror (80)
    Ashorath: Guardian (52) - Asharoth: Priest of Mitra (80) - Asheera: Tempest of Set (80)

The guild was formed at launch or around that time, and has been active since that. What most of our members enjoy most, and what takes most time organizing is the raids and thats why the news are biased towards that. Raid nights are wednesday, thursday and sunday. For the remaining days most of us do instances, pugs or just being social online.

Rules are simple. We take only people that are 18 or older, and can behave like an adult. The raid rules are there so we can have an effective raid night, and avoid the 23 people waiting for the 1 guy going for a ninja smoke.

Best of luck on your guild search! :-)

OK, thanks for the info, i'll keep it in mind.

Dawnsong should be your no. 1 choice m8. Nice community for social players there:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180678
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dawns...77184255652276

They have a Facebook page! Thats a good thing right? ...right?
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Dawnsong should be your no. 1 choice m8. Nice community for social players there:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180678
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dawns...77184255652276

They have a Facebook page! Thats a good thing right? ...right?
    They're not recruiting though

and no, facebook is not a good thing, it's a very bad thing, it's the one true evil in this world

Quote Originally Posted by Asharoth View Post
    They're not recruiting though

and no, facebook is not a good thing, it's a very bad thing, it's the one true evil in this world
    If your really looking for a casual helpfull guild we might be able to sqeeze you in despite we dont recruit for the moment.
    Contact us when servers are back up and we`l see ;-)

(you wont get paid Naerri) hehe

PS: I agree totally, facebook should be shot in the head. Sorry Kyo, I know you love it ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Thainster View Post
    If your really looking for a casual helpfull guild we might be able to sqeeze you in despite we dont recruit for the moment.
    Contact us when servers are back up and we`l see ;-)

(you wont get paid Naerri) hehe

PS: I agree totally, facebook should be shot in the head. Sorry Kyo, I know you love it ;-)
    Thanks Thainster, that's relaly nice of you, i'll keep you in mind, i want to give it until the end of the week to see what guilds are available, i like to research these things and enter prepared if you know what i mean.

Sounds like a good option for you would be "Barbaric Warriors".

I've only been playing for around 2 months, and after getting 70 or so levels on my own, I realized that I was missing out by only playing solo or with a buddy of mine. Most guilds I looked into joining were pretty strict about attendance to x-amount of guild functions (raids and what not), which is fine for some people, but that's not really for the casual player. We absolutely prefer people to join in those events, but we understand what it's like to have a busy life outside of this game.
    - It's a medium-sized guild (about 130 toons). It's not crowded like some guilds, but not too small like a lot of casual guilds
    - There is a system of achievement, by which players are promoted for various numbers of "Good Deeds". Each promotion offers with it different rewards
    - There's quite a few people who know everything there is to know, and have plenty of patience for questions.
    - It is organized around the Bulgar culture, which I've found pretty cool, despite having no prior interest in it.