Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a RP headpiece(s)

Default Looking for a RP headpiece(s)

Hi.

I'm new to AoC and I'd like to collect some social gear for RP. Namely I seek cloth head pieces which:

1) Do not cover my face.
    2) Do not change my (long + braids) hairstyle.

I know they are rare (so far I know only the simple circlet) but can you please give me at least some tip(s)?
    I'm the magic incarnate.

Eyepatch maybe? I think that's classified cloth. Not really a hood though, I guess. I know you get them as a random drop from those vendors that sell crates of food - it's ranked as a social item. I guess you know about the circlets - bosses near white hand dudes in E Mountains drop that set. What about vanir helms? Up the top of the field of the dead? They aren't social, but are easy to farm as the mobs are low level. I think they'll show your hair. I think.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Sadly there are really not much. The standard circlet works. but all others i know are either
    - not cloth armor
    - covering face
    - changing hairstyle

And it is a shame really, because if you use a workaround/bug to see them with your normal haircut (just unequip and equip a power head item while the other is in the vanity slot) they look better...and everything now has clipping issues. So no real reason, why the haircuts should change with most headgear.

There are two pieces that might work, like the councilwomans circlet and the concubine headdress you can buy in the guild city (renown 2+, female chars only).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 9th September 2013 at 09:35.

You have four pieces of headgear, Social Items, that you can buy from the Seamstress and the Brothel Madam at any guild city with renown level 3.

If you are on Crom, I could happily let you gain access to our Vendors and you can try them out for yourself.

Pieces are;
    Council Woman's Circlet.
    Evening Jewelry
    Courtesans Headdress
    Ornamented Coronet

None of these pieces hides hair, covers your face etc.

Hope this was helpful and that you find what you are after.

Sincerely,
    /Asfrid

I am sure the one headpiece you buy seperate does change the hairstyle...but it has been years since i tried it (the one that looks like the kel'avash from sanctum).

I will check again, because i could also remember only 2 instead of four...maybe i forgot or overlooked something nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    I am sure the one headpiece you buy seperate does change the hairstyle...but it has been years since i tried it (the one that looks like the kel'avash from sanctum).

I will check again, because i could also remember only 2 instead of four...maybe i forgot or overlooked something nice!
    It could be the Ornamented Coronet, but perhaps it just clipped each time I've worn it. xD

If you don't mind a see through veil, the monkey boss in Isle of Iron Statues drops a BOP blue veil as a rare drop (only if you have a female avatar though). I don't remember the name offhand but can post it later if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    If you don't mind a see through veil, the monkey boss in Isle of Iron Statues drops a BOP blue veil as a rare drop (only if you have a female avatar though). I don't remember the name offhand but can post it later if you are interested.
    Headdress of the Blue Sea or something.

That or the kal'vash whatever from sanctum for female toons. I don't know what the hox cultural hat looks like on a female but that may work if it follows the aoc design of female hats being less covering than male.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    You mean instead of the turban? Really? Wow, I never knew that - I've never gotten a female toon to 80. How disgraceful is that? Sounds neat though.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

It messes (e.g. replaces whatever you chose with a "eeek! everthing better than that" hairstyle) with your hairstyle and i have neither seen turban or veil dropping for over a year now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast