Thread: Does Magic Damage Modifier work?

Default Does Magic Damage Modifier work?

Hello.

I have a companion 'Demon Warlord' which is supposed to give me a bonus to damage with spells. It indeed gives me a buf called 'Corrupting Essence' which - according to its tooltip -gives '+1% Magic Damage Modifier'

However I see no change in my damage stats or spell tootips regardless on if it is active or not. Also 'incarnate dot debuff' does exactly the same amount of damage (I'm not 100% about Fires of Gehenna as they may vary so it would need lot of statistical data to notice 1% damage bonus)

So my simple question is - does this buff work at all?
    I'm the magic incarnate.

The best way of determinating the impact of a buff on a caster, is to spellweave and take max damage buff and then go down from spell weave and cast the spell while having the max damage buff.

[16:25] Your Shockstrike (Rank 6) hits Straw Man for 1481 electrical damage.
    [16:25] Your Shockstrike (Rank 6) hits Straw Man for 1466 electrical damage.

The buff adds 15 damage to my Shockstrikes on Guild City Straw Man.

Which is around 1% of the hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrana View Post
    Hello.

I have a companion 'Demon Warlord' 9which is supposed to give me a bonus to damage with spells. It indeed gives me a buf called 'Corrupting Essence' which - according to its tooltip -gives '+1% Magic Damage Modifier'

However I see no change in my damage stats or spell tootips regardless on if it is active or not. Also 'incarnate dot debuff' does exactly the same amount of damage (I'm not 100% about Fires of Gehenna as they may vary so it would need lot of statistical data to notice 1% damage bonus)

So my simple question is - does this buff work at all?
    "+×% Base Spell Damage" -> this is the kind of buff which increase numbers you see in spell description.
    Try for example to cast Unholy Hate (+10%) and see how numbers change on any spell.
    Kinda good buff because all other buffs stack above of this.

"+ ×% Magic Damage Modifier" -> you will see no effect on spell description numbers or in stats, still you will hit harder as Shax wrote. It works.
    Last edited by Calore; 7th September 2013 at 15:07.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...