Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you make gold??

Default How do you make gold??

Never figured this out really.
    Aside from spending hours and hours and hours grinding mats and selling them on the trader, what's the best way to make gold?

I've got a few 80s who'd love some Khitai gear, but I have like, 8g to my account, and each piece of gear is gonna cost at the least 10!

Help a newb out.

I make gold through doing khitai solo quests. I haven't sold or crafted anything and each toon ends up with 200+ gold by the time they have all the faction levels, moa, and gear they need.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Just play. Gold stack pretty quickly. If you do daily quest in kithai to get to the Rank 4 of your faction, you'll see that each quest is giving you like 10 silvers just for the reward, not even counting the loot from the mob. So if you casually do faction quest in pin-pin (let's say for three faction), gold pile up by itself. After collecting the rewards and selling loot, you've earned like 3 gold in a few quests. Quests in place like Refuge give even more, since there's many mobs which drop loot.

Of course, grinding faction quest for gold and MoA can get old pretty quickly so just play a bit for the fun and you'll end up with some gold pretty soon.

Also, if you don't mind selling them, Life essence is a very good item to put at trader. Stack 13 of them and sell them for a good price.

Or, if you feel like a Wallstreet vulture, you still can look at the trader regularly to buy unusually cheap stuff and sell them at reasonable price.

What 'Jaedelyia' said.

Also, do not waste money on wagoners or anything unnecessary. For example the transport from Khemi to Gateway of Khitai, unless you are in a hurry (you should then use a path) take the quest to protect the caravan. Dead Mans Hand is rewarding on money if you got a dps character and fly through there. Three repeatable quests and a lot of loot to be sold, and a few stashes on there to loot as well.

If you are more critical to when to use health/stamina/mana potions, you can save a bit in the long run doing so. I catch myself hitting all three pots quite often even if I only need health or mana. If you use green food, buy the lvl 75 food rather than lvl 80. Does almost the same and is much cheaper.

Don't ignore the nodes in NG while questing. 10basalt = 20silver.
    I have a quest trail that I sometimes take in NG. 10 faction quests and 5 regular quests usually gives me around 2,5-3,0G. Done in 30 minutes.

Shorter version, just grind.

Well with the crazy prices of Oak and Basalt these days, I'd go farm those when in need of money. About 2 gold the stack of 100.

Sell culture weapon + craft rare alchemy stuff + khitai quests

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Well with the crazy prices of Oak and Basalt these days, I'd go farm those when in need of money. About 2 gold the stack of 100.
    One reason why Oak and Basalt are soo expensive is that the rare wood (soulwood) / Stone (feldspar) are trash, so only the base harvested items sell well.

Here is something I will share that i used to use when crafting to earn profit on trader, some mat prices are a little off, but its mostly accurate. Dont update it as i used to. First page is where i would entre the base cost of mats (Even if i harvested, i would include). Other pages have the breakdowns etc. 2nd page even includes my 25% i would add on for trader sales. Base mats like Darksteel and such are auto calced based on other values input

Interesting to note, an IBIS cost is actually only 606G, most people selling on Set are charging 1200+ and using PUGS to craft, thats a nice profit of 500G + for the crafter, while everyone in the raid gets nada. T3 base cost is 1200ish. So your best bet would be to gather the mats from the trader (or harvest yourself if you want the profit) and do some Ibis runs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0
    Last edited by Vaere; 6th September 2013 at 21:18.

Nice spreadsheet you got there, after the merge you will have to edit everything in it though since prices on Crom is not the same as on Set. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Vaere View Post
    One reason why Oak and Basalt are soo expensive is that the rare wood (soulwood) / Stone (feldspar) are trash, so only the base harvested items sell well.

Here is something I will share that i used to use when crafting to earn profit on trader, some mat prices are a little off, but its mostly accurate. Dont update it as i used to. First page is where i would entre the base cost of mats (Even if i harvested, i would include). Other pages have the breakdowns etc. 2nd page even includes my 25% i would add on for trader sales. Base mats like Darksteel and such are auto calced based on other values input

Interesting to note, an IBIS cost is actually only 606G, most people selling on Set are charging 1200+ and using PUGS to craft, thats a nice profit of 500G + for the crafter, while everyone in the raid gets nada. T3 base cost is 1200ish. So your best bet would be to gather the mats from the trader (or harvest yourself if you want the profit) and do some Ibis runs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast