Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyborian Race: Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by nikepilas View Post
    How is that an assassin can boldly attack a big group of players? Because he will kill someone even if he dies too. In other words, dying has no consequences.

In my opinion, in a PVE/PVP environment race, dying should have consequences.

Of course if PVE quests are removed and only PVP activities are left in the open world, that's another story.

Also limiting lives makes fightclubbing not an option anymore.

Not sure what "fightclubing" is but sounds like you have to be pretty damn bad to do it. We should not design a game or server that is limited because some people want to "look" like they are good. Do they do that in call of duty? Or any game for that matter... No they don't. Please lets stay on subject. The point of this event is to promote more open world PVP and pvp with gear not being that big of a factor.

This event will give new players the experience of playing on an even battleground and get exposure to what PVP can be at all levels with many people to fight. I think it is a great idea and I hope it draws more people in to stay.

All I know is when I first started playing this game and was able to start fighting in white sands and under halls I was hook right away. You are able to jump straight into the action and fight other players THIS is what we want everyone to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by nikepilas View Post
    How is that an assassin can boldly attack a big group of players? Because he will kill someone even if he dies too. In other words, dying has no consequences.

In my opinion, in a PVE/PVP environment race, dying should have consequences.

Of course if PVE quests are removed and only PVP activities are left in the open world, that's another story.

Also limiting lives makes fightclubbing not an option anymore.

I really think this is bad idea...also I will like to plz ask PvE players who don't like to PvP to don't post some bad sugestions here...Thanks
    Let it be known forth,if it wasn't before,
    That Primal Instinct is not carpet from Usak
    That Primal Instinct is not silk pillow from Brus
    That Primal Instinct know things more precious then head
    Primal Instinct is not handful of rice to be picked out by
    Every crow brought by the wind !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Djeneraldraza View Post
    I really think this is bad idea...also I will like to plz ask PvE players who don't like to PvP to don't post some bad sugestions here...Thanks

Keep your plz, your thanks and your condescendent complaisance to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    Launch the server in conjunction with the introduction of T4 pvp armor. Would get a lot of people interested in pvp again.
    pve bring t5 plz.

stop this absolute failure of having scaling tiered armors for pvp, it only makes new players refrain from doing pvp and rewards people with no life with power items grating them extreme power, it doesnt balance anything it destroys pvp rather then promote it.

dont repeat fail concepts learn to separate pve from pvp so pvp in aoc can breathe and players be retained not shunned away because of amount of grind needed to gain power gear for pvp.

pve its fine to have some moderate grind to obtain gear and right now aoc is pretty good on that.
    only thing i have to bitch about it is realy raid relics rotting for nothing when they could be made to have more uses ingame for power 4hour potions and raid weapons& accessories, other then that time/grind need to obtain in aoc is very moderate and acceptable.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    pve bring t5 plz.

stop this absolute failure of having scaling tiered armors for pvp, it only makes new players refrain from doing pvp and rewards people with no life with power items grating them extreme power, it doesnt balance anything it destroys pvp rather then promote it.

dont repeat fail concepts learn to separate pve from pvp so pvp in aoc can breathe and players be retained not shunned away because of amount of grind needed to gain power gear for pvp.

pve its fine to have some moderate grind to obtain gear and right now aoc is pretty good on that.
    only thing i have to bitch about it is realy raid relics rotting for nothing when they could be made to have more uses ingame for power 4hour potions and raid weapons& accessories, other then that time/grind need to obtain in aoc is very moderate and acceptable.
    More powerful gear is a failed concept? I've never played a game that didn't offer better gear with progression. It's hardly Funcom's novel idea.

More powerful gear is a failed concept? I've never played a game that didn't offer better gear with progression. It's hardly Funcom's novel idea.
    open your mind.
    stop wanting to be better then others by gear.

you should ask for pvp ranking weekly score board and titles to your character linked to your personal achievements.

killing someone because you have so much better gear and way more aa's is major reason for pvp to be a demeaning experience.
    its why alongside double tapping in original game was a better, gear was so crappy things were a bit even only players already pvp4 using pvp4 gear had a small advantage.

accept that more gear would mean further degrading pvp accept that bring some sort of forced pvp armor upon all and open aa's is a must for making pvp worthwhile.

besides dont you want pve gear to keep improving and have aa's finished?
    only way it could be non game breaking to have t5 gear scale up and have new aa's to be introduced without furthering gap new players/vets in pvp is exactly that.

abandon all the old and break on through to a pvp system wich doesnt separate people rather gives all players an equal footing with aa's and armor.
    Last edited by noite80; 6th September 2013 at 16:43.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post

abandon all the old and break on through to a pvp system wich doesnt separate people rather gives all players an equal footing with aa's and armor.
    Has not FC said they are doing this very thing, and all you've done since is QQ about them?

There is absolutely nothing they can do to satisfy folks like you.

Has not FC said they are doing this very thing, and all you've done since is QQ about them?

There is absolutely nothing they can do to satisfy folks like you.
    no they say they are working on making this for minigames wich could be good if they revamp pvp gear to be better then now, because its only realy good for half of the classes and for most part all the pvp weapons are bad, and t3 crafted weapons have better pvp stats then any pvp weapon available right now.

what i am saying is going all the way, every single place where pvp is enabled player get full aa's and forced into revamped pvp gear.

you and some others still crave more power gear and new tiers of pvp gear wich like im trying to point out its only fair in pve and totaly wrong in pvp.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Yes, but replacing the PvP progression by a void isn't a good thing either.

Before gear Revamp from 1.05, PvP gear was a bearly noticeable stat bump. It only showed the implication in PvP activity (open-world mostly). But still nice to see your toon progress even though you wouldn't grind for it.
    Something along those lines in PvP would be cool.

Personnally i would rather have :
    -PvP AA xp boosted. With something like PvE leveling earning AA when you gain new pvp levels.
    -T1 PvP gear revamped and accessible in full at level 3.
    -T2/3 PvP weapons slightly upgraded.
    -T4 stats slightly tunned down in PvP.

In short, keep a long progression curve but with a less steep power curve: to be clearer

But i think we're a bit off topic.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

If they disable pve instances, you will not have to nerf or change the pve stuff much...the green drops and blue quest rewards you get in the open world fit quite well into the balance.

If they disable only some or no instances or make them open, they should give a global pve nerf factor (because easy to balance and change later or when implemented somewhere else compared to individual stat changes) to all pve item values in pvp OR replace the items with tokens for new pvp items (see below).

Even in 1.05 (when i started) the gap was not so bad and those who did pvp actually used the pvp gear. Still it was possible to hurt and defeat them, if smart, skilled, techgeared and lucky enough (you can't honestly say that about current pvp).

What i would like to see as well is some general progress pvp tree, that allows for specialization and progress apart from gear only.
    In addition they could fit in some of the unaccesible pve gear from instances, if they disable them) and put them in as pvp gear to the existing pvp levels, so that you have maybe one set of gear per level or more variation and choice (pure dps, mix, survival)...a bit like the faction stuff.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast