Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Hyborian Race: Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Cargoran View Post
    I have alredy caracter on Rage server and I hope you will let players from Rage to participate to this event which will bring new people to real pvp server...and hope you will allow that caracter we make on this server-event to be transfered to Rage by removing restriction of 1 caracter per account just for this event.
    I have all classes L80 vith max caracter slots (I will need to delite 1 caracter for that event )and I play on all 3 servers from lounching AoC , but to be honest Rage is the most fun place to be.Because new players can buy PvP gear L5 from the shop and compete with old Rage players without any problems with Questing/Kitai/Turan..Raids....and have fun with pvp only.On rage we do not have T4 gear/wepons like on other servers so the difference is not so big.In my opinion any new caracter can level realy fast with our pvp content and mini games on server Rage and can fight with any old player.
    Agree! They must enable players to move chars FROM HYBORIAN to RAGE no matter if they already have 1 char there!

We are limited to 1 char and this makes players rly bored after time or they just move to other server... This is a good opportunity for all players to make new chars on Rage!

Could they unlock the race restrictions for this race?

Would make it worth while IMO

Stygian Tanks
    Cimmerian Mages

etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Anatu View Post

Stygian Tanks
    Cimmerian Mages

etc etc
    Good idea, then you could see some unique characters who are from that race server

Stygian Tanks
    Cimmerian Mages

etc etc
    I can't speak for Funcom on if this can be done or not, but I do agree it's an awesome idea for this race.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Twopay View Post
    2 of the best things about rage - more balanced than other servers and no guards
    quality of pvp somewhat dropped a bit since merge, but in general the pvp is better here too
    40k kills
    [Deathbyheals]: but you'd get face f*cked in 2 seconds if you didnt have all the cheats
    [** a 'The Law' insider**]: actually they(the law) flame u the most[**a The Law' insider**]: the y(the law) say u hack like a bitch
    [Group] [Aoccompanion]: oh no its hacker bowless
    [Hotranger]: i heard you were a cheater
    [Chriscause]: Sinful nice speedhack

- Rewards: give 400 aa points for every char who will reach level 50, and 600 aa pts for everyone who will reach lev 80 in 3 months.

- everyone has to have access to pvp t1 gear after reaching 80 or you have to disable pvp gear in ingame shop to avoid pay2win model

The better K/D you have, the more pvp xp people get from killing you.

Stygian Tanks
    Cimmerian Mages

etc etc
    It would give long term players a reason to roll new toons

That could make shitloads of old timers (like me) sign up just for having a "hax" character in the future. But only if I can move my precious Stygian Guardian to ordinary servers once this thing is over.

Hey guys, I was thinking about different idea (shorter 9 days event).

Character creation
    instant lvl 80, maxed PVP lvl, maxed AA, all riding skills

5 unlocked zones
    Main hub (no PVP allowed): King Conan's Castle - questgivers, item vendors, travelling routes
    4 open world PVP zones: White Sands Isle, Tarantia Common District, Ymir's Pass, Kheshatta - no NPCs, no mobs, no PVE distraction just PVP

Free items at vendors
    purple armor sets, weapons, accessories, swift mounts, potions, food
    straw man for training combos
    Path: ability for all unlocked zones
    large bag

Quests and quest rewards
    1. King Conan - daily quest "Race for the Blood Covered Chest" requires looting of the chest and rewards 100 event tokens (3 spawning areas in each zone, all marked by POI circles. 3 chests in 3 different zones will spawn at a time).
    2. Keaira - daily quest "Slayed Rivals" requires killing 50 players and rewards 50 tokens.
    3. Daily rare faction quests starting in PVP zones - when zoning there is a 10% chance that the player is transformed (polymorphed) into a zone local faction member (different spawning area). Quest goal is to kill as many players as possible within a time limit of 30 minutes. Zoning disabled, 1 token for each kill as a reward:
    a) "Curse of the Wilderness" in White Sands Isle transforms the player into a Pict
    b) "Leper Plague" in Tarantia Common District transforms the player into a leper infected Wharf Rat, The Crow, Daughter's Defender, Lazar's servant (based on the player's class)
    c) "Atzel's Revenge" in Ymir's Pass transforms the player into a member of Atzel's forces
    d) "The Call of Set" in Kheshatta transforms the player into a follower of Set

additional random reward for all quests - selection of culture vanity sets (1 per q)

Event schedule
    Day 1 (Saturday)
    Created character spawned in the main hub, feat tree selection, buying items, time for initial unranked pvp in dedicated zones.

Day 2 (Sun) - Day 8 (Sat)
    Every 2-4 hrs an automatic message with the clue of the place where the chests will spawn in 15, 10, 5, 4 countdown to 1 min appears. Chest can't be looted within the first 5 min or if there is another player in close distance, no grouping allowed in order to keep the same chance for fair fight for all.
    After eliminating opponents the chest can be looted by the surviving player and handed over to Conan for a quest tokens, PVP kills count towards Keaira's killing quest.
    Killed players drop 1 token from their token pool (25% drop rate), performing fatality grants 100% chance of stealing a token (looting the same player limited to 5 tokens per day).
    If there is the chest spawned, death returns the player back to the main hub and makes zoning into areas with the chest unavailable for 10 mins. Faction quests ressurect the player in the same zone.

Day 9 (Sunday)
    During the last day (or 2) every chest looting quest gives 200 tokens, killed players drop 1-5 tokens with the rate of 50%.
    Announcing final ladder and winners on website: Top player of each class and overall winner, top 10 players of each class, "faction" winners (overall and top 10 most kills while transformed), all participating players.

Key features
    No restrictions for F2P players - means more players will participate
    Ladders updated and published regularly on web site, forum, social networks - showing that the game is alive and worth trying during this PVP event.
    Fair PVP for all (same equipment, AA, no grouping) even for players who join the event later.
    Everyone can jump in and immediately join the action.

To be considered
    Live event covering on youtube - to attract players who don't have AOC installed (yet).
    One PVP zone could be opened for groups but imo only one player should be rewarded with tokens.
    During faction polymorph, mounts can't be used. Running speed buff granted instead - this advantage also makes "hunting" easier.

To be solved
    Multiple instances of the same zone - the chest should spawn in all existing instances at the same coords (instances might be full all the time), but not in new instances with only few players.
    What if somebody wants to change a character class during the event? IMO this should be somehow supported.

Any thoughts?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast