Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merge and Characters with the same name

Default Merge and Characters with the same name

Hi,

I just read that :

"What happens if several characters with the same name end up on the same server?
    This depends on the following aspects and rules:

-Is the character on a still active account?
    -If several characters of the same name are all from active accounts, the one with the higher level will keep his name.
    -If merged characters have the same level, the one from an account which is registered on a longer time base will keep the name (so 3 month recurring over 1 month recurring).
    -If characters are from accounts with the same subscription recurring time, the last login will decide which one keeps the name.
    The other(s) will be prompted a message at the first attempt to log in with that character stating that a new name must be given to this character."

from here : http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=184889

I don't like the way funcom is trying to get more money from that ... pushing ppl to buy a bigger month recurring subscription for fear of losing their name.

It should be like that :

-Is the character on a still active account?
    -If both characters are on a still active account, the one created first keeps his name.

I hope I'm wrong and I just didn't understand correctly the : "so 3 month recurring over 1 month recurring".

So what do you think ?

The way they listed is always how they've done it.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

"The way they listed is always how they've done it."

So they should keep doing that even for the biggest merge ever done on this game ??
    Plus, "They always did that way" is not the same as "they always did it well"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbotine View Post

So they should keep doing that even for the biggest merge ever done on this game ??
    I wish they could do a lot of things different, doesn't mean they will, or even think about it. Logic has always been bass ackwards with Funcom.

They also said that GMs will reimburse BK mats. Well that never happened with the last merges for our guild, GM was clueless.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

As far as how many servers and population being merged, I doubt it will be the 'biggest'. The first (Jan. 2009) or second (Jan 2010) merge likely were far larger population-wise, and I'm pretty sure there were more servers merged each time.

Just because it's EU merging with NA doesn't make it any more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Amabala View Post
    As far as how many servers and population being merged, I doubt it will be the 'biggest'. The first (Jan. 2009) or second (Jan 2010) merge likely were far larger population-wise, and I'm pretty sure there were more servers merged each time.
    It must be the biggest population merge.
    If you had for example 1000 ppl on 5 servers in EU and US before.
    now you've got 1 server with 5000ppl in EU and US.

So the "incoming" merge will move 10 000 ppl. Chances that players names will be identical are greater, aren't they ?

There was more servers to merge before but with fewer ppl on it. (that's actually why they merged them)

No I really think that it will be the biggest merge (in term of population)

No I really think that it will be the biggest merge (in term of population)
    Do you have any evidence or you just only think so?
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by nedbee View Post
    Do you have any evidence or you just only think so?
    Well except in a case where the game would be dying, with the switch to F2P we should have now a total population close to the total before the second merge, maybe the first.

After that it's just maths, a merge is just putting the same amount of ppl into less servers.
    Taking 2 low pop servers to make a normal one.

Now what's the motivation behind THIS merge ?
    Are they trying to compensate low population ?
    Is this a technological change ? (bigger servers)
    Gameplay changes ? (one server allow bigger events etc...)

Anyway that wasn't my issue in this topic.
    I was saying that they shouldn't force us to change our subscription. Using "fear" above all that ! ("fear" to lose our characters name)
    That's not cool for old players that a new guy with more money can take their 4yo name !

That's not cool for old players that a new guy with more money can take their 4yo name !
    Life is not cool mate, the faster you learn it the faster you'll be ready to be happy.

Funcom is a business is not an NGO. They have to keep their bigest clients happy. And fear is a big word, the worst thing that could happend is that you'll be able to choose a new cool name for free.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

It won't happen like that though. First they measure when the toon was made. An older toon on an active account keeps the name.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast