Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – August 2013

The majority will pve in an attempt to get 80.

Those that do fixate on pvp will stay at a certain level, probably level 19-25 or 50ish. They will camp the quest areas at those levels, picking off the solo levelers and avoiding guild groups.

The rest will just group up and race through to 80.

It will be over in a few days, a complete waste of time.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    Yes i think we understand that mate but you think the precious time they spend on pvp ideas is well spent here?
    don't you think this precious pvp time could be spent better
    I sure as hell do
    Refer too:

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    They are not the same thing, and setting up the race requires very little work compared to revamping the PvP systems in the game.
    I don't see how this Race is in anyway Ressource consuming for their team. The actuall PvP part of the letter, in the sence it will actually be something lasting longer than a couple weeks, is the part on the world bosses through the form of epic battles. "we feel that the best direction to take in improving open world PvP are sporadic, controlled events which force players into areas that are unsafe".

A more lively world is a good thing for PvP. Indeed it's still cheap improvements compared to the whole new mechanics requiring more time asked by the players but a lively world still sounds nice !
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    so again dodging to make new pvp systems just same stupid idea of a new server with same pvp content a pve server has.

still no arenas
    still no siege fix
    still no world pvp quests
    still no removing of bori
    still no guild war tags/quests
    still no word on a pvp ranking system
    still no touching guards and criminal system on "real" servers
    still no word of balancing classes
    still no mention of making pvp amors good for pvp for every class
    still no word on fixing gap or removing pve armors in pvp
    still no word about fixing aa gap wich destroys new players in pvp
    still no word on increasing skill in pvp with improved dodge mechanics

you already did blood and glory server it failed.
    why? beside all of the above players drop all their gold so economics is a joke, players made free accounts to hold their gold.
    it has no diferent pvp content then a pve server.

so instead of actualy making pvp content you make a new server where i cant play the characters i played for years.

congratulations you proved your same as last guy unwilling to make pvp content, just sad new servers.

They wont answer you.

New server new characters lol. Thats not new content funcom. Its the same content we had for 5 years. Thats not new game systems funcom, its the same we had for 5 years!
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by JinDjw View Post
    Tortage pvp here i comeeeeeee!
    Maybe they should give us a permanent Tortage-only server with b&g ruleset ? No pve and dungeon grinding for pve armor just to be able to compete in pvp, just plain fun with low level pvp. Max level 20, and you can't leave Tortage after completing the main story.

It's typical funcom style lets not use our resources to fix ingame PvP bugs ect ect.... lets make something NEW and use that left over server we have rent on after merg maybe we get some money from players subin to enter the pve dungeon race

Any news on the mini game sign up bug? lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Refer too:

I don't see how this Race is in anyway Ressource consuming for their team. The actuall PvP part of the letter, in the sence it will actually be something lasting longer than a couple weeks, is the part on the world bosses through the form of epic battles. "we feel that the best direction to take in improving open world PvP are sporadic, controlled events which force players into areas that are unsafe".

A more lively world is a good thing for PvP. Indeed it's still cheap improvements compared to the whole new mechanics requiring more time asked by the players but a lively world still sounds nice !
    would you prefer they fix the mini game sign up bug and the CC stuck to wall under map OR this temporary race?
    Ressource well spent? not

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    Yes i think we understand that mate but you think the precious time they spend on pvp ideas is well spent here?
    don't you think this precious pvp time could be spent better
    I sure as hell do
    Don't worry they didnt spend anytime thinking about this. It seems an idea they had while are carring boxes to the new office. I dont think it is a bad idea and it is something that maybe they can do with the resources they have. When the talking about things bigger than that they are only dreaming.

The FAQs about the merge are great. I think they anwers most of the questions we had.

PD: Happy to know you office in a great building. How is the light? Do you have a big window? I understand it has to be very hard finding something to write every month.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

The new server is maybe good for letting the pve crowd test open pvp or to keep some players busy for more than 3 months...

And having said, that all that server and reward trouble for 3 months will be less costly than essential and important changes (which btw, can already found described in detail on TL and even here...i can give links later, if allowed to do so on the normal forums), just shows how much you people understood about what was suggested.

With pvp in mind you simply HAVE to come up with new systems. And most suggestions were neither difficult or costly. Just some examples:
    - fixing the rejoining in the tournament queue or rerolling that queue to the old premade one (copy paste or bugfixing (which you should do anyway))
    - adding a working consequence system for open pvp (various suggestions from easy to more complicated (some might take longer and actually need some resources, but they will be worth it))
    - changing Bori to pvp (fixing a few lines of codes in the reward section)
    - adding different kind of minigames (at least for deathmatch, implementing this using existing maps can NOT be hard or resource consuming, different and new games might though...but still a better use of resources than temporary "catch the carrot" events)
    - adding open world quests linked to pvp
    - changing the dependance of success in pvp on pve grind (actually quite easy...you already have seperate pvp stats, but even here various suggestions have been made)
    - reducing the pvp grind and fixing the pvp reward balance (can be done with changing a few lines of code)

If you think, you can quiet the pvp crowd or even get them to return by a 3 month event without changing the rules, that drove them off in the first place (no consequence open pvp, pve loot (aquired in instances and raid) >> pvp loot (aquired by actual pvp)), you will be sadly mistaken (the decline of the B&G ruleset after the thrill of tortage should be a fine example for that).

About the "unchained" ruleset: Depends on what you intend...if you need a broader, experienced playerbase to test that feature, only the pure pvp servers would be suited, imo (just pvp interested populationwise). Gametypewise, if you want to check balance, maybe Totem torrent or Jhebbal Sag would be the right map.

About the "unchained" pve instances: Do what you want in the new versions, but please keep the old untouched or up as an alternative (bad example: amphi. good example: dead man's hand, forgotten city). This should not keep you from fixing bugs (like the sand and quest update bug in halls of frost).

About World bosses: Sounds nice, but if you did not learn from the 5year anniversary event, it will be a limited feature for a chosen few, because of latency and tech requirements. If i crash and lagfreeze, i will not be able to tell my friends "Oh! What is that big thing!??"...

Otherwise....please keep your priorities on a structured bugfixing as well as network improvement and the quality of your servers high, because the bug list still is big and being rubberbanded or "predicted" by your engine into a bunch of mobs without even pressing keys is really more than just a nuisance.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 5th September 2013 at 12:59.

Any date of merge ? Another one ? Pl0x
    We will be Serious after death.

Make the Hyborian race rewards apply on account wide basis and you'll get a lot more participation. Like if you could get a stack of the 5% constitution or blue crit pots in your account or something like that.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast