Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – August 2013

I, too, agree with Noite.

So much development time was wasted on content hardly anybody uses (Temple of Erlik, House of Crom: social dungeon, Dragonspine outdoor, Dragonspine dungeon, Turan outdoor, Bori, ...).

People are still enjoying frickin' T1 raids. That's five year old content, and it's accepted better than Temple of Erlik, e. g. Even veteran players prefer to do T1 raids with twink No. 27 to raiding Temple of Erlik with their umphtastic main characters (or serious twinks).

There are still raids for the Grassland Golem. But who has seen a raid for the House of Crom raid encounter in the last... two years?

Before spending time on new content - seriously consider what the player base will accept and what will keep them occupied long enough.

Still House of Crom is an awesome content. I'd like to go there more often, it's fun and the pvp aspect inside it rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Still House of Crom is an awesome content. I'd like to go there more often, it's fun and the pvp aspect inside it rocks.
    Yeah, love that it's open for pvp like Onyx (had some great laughs there back in the days)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

This race has nothing to do with pvp content. Seriously.

The only thing about it for a pvp'er is a few laughs in white sands like the original Blood and glory. Been there done that!

Race to lvl 80, been there done that and sick of it!
    Race to pvp lvl 5, been there done that and sick of it!

But for thoose who want to do it all over again one more time. Have fun. I wont.

I know some think the gaps are allready to big.. But all serious pvp players have an r10 toon or is close to it. Some guys even have 3 r10 toones. I say give us some PVP T4! And make it right this time! Why is pve allways the most uber weapon for both pve and pvp? Its silly!! REALLY! Have a look at it! And do it asap!

And make pvp armor fit all classes like they fit the soldiers!I use my PVP R10 armor for vanity ffs. Because its not the best choice for my sin in PVP! Not even when fighting casters. And NO, i do not have T4 gear. Only khitaigear. For some ppl this can be different ofc. But for a soldier it will be PVP gear uber alles every time!

I play this game for the pvp part.. There is not a lot of content left we all know that. I still enjoy the casual gank here and there, a couple of duels and ofc my daily doze of minis.. But its time to up the levels, some new pvp gear. Well for me it is anyway.. I really dont care for raids and so.. I like the consept of pvp to get the unique gear for pvp.

And for the future, there are a lot of good suggestions/ideas on the forum for pvp content. Open world pvp is the way to go imo. Put in some goals. And for the guards... Gamebreaking.

Joel,
    I like the fact that u are responding and trying to do so honestly. But i really think you need to add a carrot for the pvp'ers asap. Something more than your plans say.

C u ingame

PvP fighting at low lvl is content we are missing now. And its better than some boring arena for Conqs or Bshamans

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    So much development time was wasted on content hardly anybody uses (Temple of Erlik, House of Crom: social dungeon, Dragonspine outdoor, Dragonspine dungeon, Turan outdoor, Bori, ...).
    I agree,
    And why did they waste their time on quests while powerleveling is what most players use. Why did they waste their time with Chosain Mines, Kang Pogada or Paikang sewers while KK tour and monastery would have suffice ?
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I would not call it a waste of resources, but it shows a general problem they have.
    Often things are released and then not cared for anymore...
    Temple of Erlik for example. If many people find it unattractive, you don't need a complete revamp...you can just ADD something new to the loot lists, drops of random tokens or offer an alternate version with easier mobs and less rewards (seeing that Turan can be accessed by f2p without Khitai and this crowd has been uncatered for for years as well, it should attractive as a T1,5 AND as a T3,5 with according rewards AND give a better incentive and REASON for f2p to buy Turan).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 8th September 2013 at 08:00.

Temple of Erlik issue isn't only loot-related. They already added T4 urns to boss to make it more attractive. Mains issues were mentionned by marlekin in both old eu forums and TL without any answer. Tbh they don't have ressources to revamp it and i'd rather take new raid than revamped old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    I agree,
    And why did they waste their time on quests while powerleveling is what most players use. Why did they waste their time with Chosain Mines, Kang Pogada or Paikang sewers while KK tour and monastery would have suffice ?
    Because people like it? Make no mistake if a dungeojn is not announced on Global or LFG channel that does not mean that no one bothers to do them. Join a cabal with Voice communication than those places are a blast. The new Dragon spine dungeon is gorgeous.

Having just one room with a boss like in flame however is kinda boring. Also given the storyline behind the monastery instances you get the feeling that they had been one dungeon to begin with, wiithc would have been better imho. You also see concepts arts on the DVD that comes with the ROTG soundtrack. There it is labeled dungeon level 1-3 if memory serves right...

Appreciate the responses from the GD valid posts.

Look foward to seeing whats in store in the future for AOC.