Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – August 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    People are angry because its been almost 5 month since you've mentioned - Merge, Revamps- Unchained minis.

Yeah and yet people are still trying to get eta for everything when FC said multiple times that they will deliver stuff when it is done.

Than again, even if (and when) they admit they are wrong people are still complaing about hundred other things.

You might say whatever you like but it is no fun to discuss with angry crowd, no matter what he says people are getting more angry and more agressive towards him.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bandytaz View Post
    Oh, this thread is SAD in so many ways. Guys (noite80, ViolentLeonidas, K4nnyc to mention few reapiting same stuff over and over) if you wanna be taken seriously (and I'm sure you want) start reading with comprehension and STOP thinking that your opinion is same as everyone else. You do not represent whole PvP community (at least not the part capable of having their own thoughts), you are all full of anger, hostile and unbelievably BORING.

It's obvious that Joel has good will and he is trying to make best he can in given circumstances. If you can't appreciate it and can't understand that Funcom just simply can't do anything else right now, why do you still play? Why did you pay your sub in advance for year or so? I'm not judging you, I just can't stand people who always complain and try to force their point of view on everyone else.

Some of you in latest posts keep repeating about "wasting resources" and stuff. Joel said clearly, couple times in this thread already - they can do this (race) without slowing development or losing resources which are needed for making actual content. So it is worth a shot.

New servers are the only way to attract new people and encourage that old school PvP. Some of us are not "hardcore" enough to grind 80 in couple days, but we still can gather some friends and make it a little harder for those making it asap. When Rage was launched a lot of people raced to 80 and than left, it was fun for a while though.

Such a thing might even become some kind of repetable event like reseting ladders in Diablo 2 or something.

I miss them too, still we have minis, more than "arenas" itself we lack some kind of ratings/ladders for them.

I haven't participate in any siege for a while, they were never my favourite content (lags, latency and fps issues and I like my games fluent), though I felt THE NEED to participate in them when BK's were giving huge advantage. It is community who made sieges completly useless - creating big alliances to keep buffs from bk and than all people who couldn't have them started crying about unfair advantage. You might say all you want, though I will keep repeating participation and especially winning in 48vs48 should grant HUGE rewards and maybe even advantage over other players.

These might be cool, but than again I like it more with world bosses/event style (like anniversary)

Damage was done a long time ago. I would even sign "taking away" all PvP exp anyone get from sacrificies made there (because I wouldn't lose more than few tousand pvp xp points which is nothing for my character). It is pretty much dead content anyway and if anyone feels like missing on some PvP action just to dig their PvP levels I don't mind. A lot of level 10 people get their exp, aa's and shiny gear there so why newcomers should be without that possibility?

It seems that so called PvPers prefer big alliances than having war with real opponent so who cares.

What can I say to that? It is pretty much connected to what I said before.

System was made because people were crying that they are ganked by higher levels and when taking quests etc. I wouldn't say that it is really something that bothers me.

How can you talk about class balancing when every class can shine? And every class can be played so it looks like it is the worst class ever...There is to much diffrent factors - gear, aa's, skill, buffs from other classes, heals, latency etc. I like all the classes in AoC and it was long time ago when I said last time that some class is OP or UP.

They seem bad only if you compare them to PvE stuff. I don't do that because all I play is PvP and all gear I have is PvP gear and I'm doing just fine.

It was mentioned even in this letter that they are still working on unchained minis.

And why would they do that if PvP is mostly about one step combos or instant abilities these days? And still some people complain that it is too hard...

It failed because most of PvPers had their fun for a while and than left when grinding and PvE begun. And that's gonna be the point of new server: "have fun for couple days and than go back to your usual".

Let me get this straight, you are talking about this gap between new players and veterans, about competitive PvP and than you can't leave your shiny characters for a couple days of fun? Well, your choice.

And you proved nothing - you say that you care about PvP, but somehow I don't see that in your negative attitude.
    Amen brother Amen .....
    Let it be known forth,if it wasn't before,
    That Primal Instinct is not carpet from Usak
    That Primal Instinct is not silk pillow from Brus
    That Primal Instinct know things more precious then head
    Primal Instinct is not handful of rice to be picked out by
    Every crow brought by the wind !!!

I must admit that usually i'm very upset about Funcom.

But now because Forum God told us that it does not drain resources, i'm happy and looking forward for that white sands gank fest

Extra content/things is always good. Don't listen these angry progression fans and make ganking come true
    After all, world pvp, ganking, hunting... The original Age of Conan from early days
    Last edited by JinDjw; 5th September 2013 at 21:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    People are angry because its been almost 5 month since you've mentioned - Merge, Revamps- Unchained minis.
    And how long do you think it takes to make those things? A weekend?
    The merge is coming, the rest is coming as well. I know that the PvP crowd have been left out and that you haven't had any real content for a long time.

Still, get over yourselves!
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Imagine whitesands the day the event starts. If you enjoy a good pvp brawl, you will be there, even if you are not trying to win the competition.
    Maybe if you were there playing as a level 120 Nusquam Beast Lord and everyone could gank you, maybe people would want to do that. Lol

And everyone can laugh at your keyboard turning skills.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Scythie View Post
    wow what an uproar!
    Ok so...
    What all of y'all are getting your knickers in knots for is that there is an EVENT coming. Seems that could potentially be a fun thing. A couple of weeks of carnage in low level open world pvp without dungeons. Questing, sure, but with all the gankers squading and hunting i guess it will be a bit of a hassle yes? PvP even?

It isn't a permanent thing, you are not supposed to get to PvP lvl 10 and full T4.
    Have you taken a look at the "IFs" in my previous post?

ALso i bet, there would have been less trouble had they just shown the picture of the letter and said "While moving offices, we found an old drawing, that gave us an idea for a short event involving open pvp..." instead of

"One of the primary requests we have received from the Player vs Player community are ways to recreate the feeling of rivalry that they felt in the early days of Age of Conan. Open world PvP is often mentioned and in discussing this problem with the designers, we feel that the best direction to take in improving open world PvP are sporadic, controlled events which force players into areas that are unsafe.
    Problem with this is also, that the open pvp only worked with a steady flux of new players and more factions involved than just attacker and victim. Without a consequence system or new pvp content, such events hold the danger of annoying more people than being fun (see my posts about game design, bottlenecks and resspoints further up. Also on TL there is a thread about consequence suggestions and even here there were threads to a change in pvp systems...not even mentioning the lost content of the old forums).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 5th September 2013 at 22:01.

I personally think this letter's good news. For once in aoc's life every single point in the letter was in some way about pvp. When deathwish started there were tons of open world pvp, and I'm looking forward to choosing a class with my friends for the shenanigans.

This server will give us three months of solid enough open world pvp in which hopefully that will give funcom enough time to work on actual pvp content and fixes. If only instead of having the "race" be for hitting 80, how about we make it pvp based? First person of each class that hits pvp 5 gets some epic class specific vanity gear that looks awesome and is wearable at all times even in minis.

Nusquam:
    I've played this game since launch if you could answer a few quick questions I would really appreciate it.
    1. Why don't you guys add in some pvp quests real quick? Coding would take less than a day.
    2. Why don't you have the race be for pvp levels? Why make a pvp server and then ask players to quest to 80?
    3. Is there anyway you could open up server transfers again? I believe funcom is losing out on some potential cash to be made before the merger.

P.s Good job, it's not much but it's maybe a step in the right direction
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    I personally think this letter's good news. For once in aoc's life every single point in the letter was in some way about pvp. When deathwish started there were tons of open world pvp, and I'm looking forward to choosing a class with my friends for the shenanigans.

This server will give us three months of solid enough open world pvp in which hopefully that will give funcom enough time to work on actual pvp content and fixes. If only instead of having the "race" be for hitting 80, how about we make it pvp based? First person of each class that hits pvp 5 gets some epic class specific vanity gear that looks awesome and is wearable at all times even in minis.

Nusquam:
    I've played this game since launch if you could answer a few quick questions I would really appreciate it.
    1. Would don't you guys add in some pvp quests real quick? Coding would take less than a day.
    2. Why don't you have the race be for pvp levels? Why make a pvp server and then ask players to quest to 80?
    3. Is there anyway you could open up server transfers again? I believe funcom is losing out on some potential cash to be made before the merger.

P.s Good job, it's not much but it's maybe a step in the right direction
    Add the above suggestions in the thread Vehl started. Joel even requested the thread be stickied...

IF they made the race truly about PVP and not what in disguise is a PVE event (race to 80 can only be done through PVE) then it could be fun.

Ok, there is way way too much bile going on here. Vent your opinions but keep it civil and respectful, or mods will have to be quite heavy handed in here.

Consider it the last warning as well as the first.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Gotta agree, that's why I'm, so positive about this letter. Some people say it is the same thing over and over, but I feel like it was something new and something worth waiting for - for once someone treats PvP community like it is equal part of community.

I believe Joel said in this very thread that PvP levels and some other activities will be also rewarded, which is pretty cool.