Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – August 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bandytaz View Post
    I believe Joel said in this very thread that PvP levels and some other activities will be also rewarded, which is pretty cool.
    yay fightclubing will be reinvented! WOOHOO!!

As if pvp level say anything about skill. they just show, that you farmed a lot of ppl, mostly likely your guildmates or some low level char on you free account in this race.

Thumbs down Time to unsub

Well this is pathetic. Instead of giving us PvP factions and new maps, you're asking us to roll new toons...
    No word of crafting rewamp.
    Unchained versions of crappy dungeouns that no one bothers.
    Yeah right.
    Please send me whatever you're smoking cos i wanna see pink elephants too...
    At least my sub ends tomorrow, dont wanna pay another cent for this failure of an mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Sigh, you are talking to the guy who has all the numbers.

Have a good evening everyone.
    While talking about the numbers when is the last time you made survey and checked what people want and are they PVE or PVP orientated... Maybe its time for you to get some up to date information.

Well, the more I think about the race the more I like it. Im not into pvp, I've signed for 4 or 5 minies and I've been destroied(15 deads - 0 kills or somthing like that) and called retarded for being a noob. So maybe is a good chance for me to start pvping. I dont know will see how it goes.

Another thing if Joel tells us that the event is not going to spend his team resources then I cant see any reason to complain. More things to do i AoC are always good news. Even fishing :P
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    This server will give us three months of solid enough open world pvp in which hopefully that will give funcom enough time to work on actual pvp content and fixes.
    Its not 3 months! GD suspects afew weeks untill either pvp goal or pve goal is reached but i think a pve grinder will reach goal in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    3. For some reason the length of 3 months keeps showing up. The race will end when the results are in - I'd suspect a few weeks at best.
    Once race ends the server is shut down!

Oh, this thread is SAD in so many ways. Guys (noite80, ViolentLeonidas, K4nnyc to mention few reapiting same stuff over and over) if you wanna be taken seriously (and I'm sure you want) start reading with comprehension and STOP thinking that your opinion is same as everyone else. You do not represent whole PvP community (at least not the part capable of having their own thoughts), you are all full of anger, hostile and unbelievably BORING.
    bandytaz call it anger boring repeating what ever you like but when month after month GD letter and patch after patch the SAME MINI GAME QUE BUG DOES NONT GET FIXED think its almost 1 year now!
    I belive you said your a pvper and considering mini games are the MAJOR pvp content a fix was due in next patch after bug was reported NOT LEAVE IT FOR 1 YEAR
    (and the CCed under map and CCed stuck to wall also major pvp bugs)

They should of course stop that pve dungeon development (the one that a small % of players will go) and put everyone on fixing the mini game bugs ( the one where BIG % of players go)

start reading with comprehension and STOP thinking that your opinion is same as everyone else. You do not represent whole PvP community.
    Well dude i think my opinion about mini game que bug is the same as everyone else's that plays mini games! do you think some actually like the mini game que bug or what?
    Last edited by ViolentLeonidas; 6th September 2013 at 10:05.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    They should of course stop that pve dungeon development (the one that a small % of players will go) and put everyone on fixing the mini game bugs ( the one where BIG % of players go)
    I think you will find that the vast majority of players are in PvE and seldom, if ever, go into a minigame.

Of all the players i count as friends (quite a few actually) i think there are 4 players that actively take part in PvP.

That said, bugs should be sorted.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Another thing if Joel tells us that the event is not going to spend his team resources then I cant see any reason to complain.
    Yeah I agree with this, it may be the most important thing related to this event. I change my mind about it when reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Yeah I agree with this, it may be the most important thing related to this event. I change my mind about it when reading this.
    Yea me. But tbh when you guys think about this, there is no reason to complain, I don't even play the game but just sayin.

But I still think that it would be nice to see only 1 PvP server with the blood and glory ruleset

Oh, this thread is SAD in so many ways. Guys (noite80, ViolentLeonidas, K4nnyc to mention few reapiting same stuff over and over) if you wanna be taken seriously (and I'm sure you want) start reading with comprehension and STOP thinking that your opinion is same as everyone else. You do not represent whole PvP community (at least not the part capable of having their own thoughts), you are all full of anger, hostile and unbelievably BORING.
    im not a nice guy and i dont pretend to be one, doesnt make a me a bad person im usualy the first to help with anything when asked, to be honest i dont even trust nice people they are always the first to screw you over with a smile.

i dont represent anyone except myself, i am a player of aoc who is highly disgruntled after seeing his money invested in aoc go for tsw and never seeing any work done to solve gamebreaking bugs and disparities wich linguer for years.

It's obvious that Joel has good will and he is trying to make best he can in given circumstances. If you can't appreciate it and can't understand that Funcom just simply can't do anything else right now, why do you still play? Why did you pay your sub in advance for year or so? I'm not judging you, I just can't stand people who always complain and try to force their point of view on everyone else.
    this is cheaper then buying cigarretes and beer all the time.

Some of you in latest posts keep repeating about "wasting resources" and stuff. Joel said clearly, couple times in this thread already - they can do this (race) without slowing development or losing resources which are needed for making actual content. So it is worth a shot.
    hello minigame bug wich prevents proper sign up and minigame group bug wich forces people to stay offline to be able to group up after.

racing to lvl80 is so much based on player sugestion for pvp...

New servers are the only way to attract new people and encourage that old school PvP. Some of us are not "hardcore" enough to grind 80 in couple days, but we still can gather some friends and make it a little harder for those making it asap. When Rage was launched a lot of people raced to 80 and than left, it was fun for a while though.

Such a thing might even become some kind of repetable event like reseting ladders in Diablo 2 or something.
    the whole blood and glory server is fail idea from start it has no diferent pvp content.
    i spent like a year and a half or even 2 years just doing open world pvp, it was destroied by new pvp lvl's aa's and especialy bori ruined any sense of acomplishment of having a high pvp lvl.

I miss them too, still we have minis, more than "arenas" itself we lack some kind of ratings/ladders for them.
    if pvp lvl's are preserved then arenas should scale your oponents to you pvp lvl its only fair way to go to obtain fun dueling arenas

its my hope the achievement system will somehow bring some meaning back to playing your main characters, in the sense of unlocking some vanity items or having special tags to your name by reaching a certain number of kills or minigame wins/siege wins.

I haven't participate in any siege for a while, they were never my favourite content (lags, latency and fps issues and I like my games fluent), though I felt THE NEED to participate in them when BK's were giving huge advantage. It is community who made sieges completly useless - creating big alliances to keep buffs from bk and than all people who couldn't have them started crying about unfair advantage. You might say all you want, though I will keep repeating participation and especially winning in 48vs48 should grant HUGE rewards and maybe even advantage over other players.
    in aquilonia i was part of a guild who siege on a regular basis i know first hand how much fun a non laggy siege can be so much fun and its best content that needs to be worked for endgame pvp.

the murky reasons why sieges are so horrible in fury should be investigated even on crom sieges work so much smoother with quadruple population then fury.

like you pointed out and very good you did people always converge to ally with each other, a guild tagging system with heavy restrictions would be best way to make sure alliances never grow too big and to develop guild vs guild content with pvp quests and destructible objectives in guild cities.

sieges should receive some handling, maybe even some forced class restrictions to avoid class stacking, and reward a lot more then the ridicule non existent rewards they have now.

maybe even have a weekly/biweekly reset of ownership to avoid alliances owning all of them like it was on fury.
    a lot could be done for sieges but they are utterly neglected.
    so many possibilities there for making it awesome.

These might be cool, but than again I like it more with world bosses/event style (like anniversary)
    i would prefer pvp content to have 0% pve involved.
    if open world pvp needs pve'ers to go around questing or trying to reach instance then its not pvp its stalking people who dont want to be bothered, and as much i wish everyone on pvp servers to only be there to pvp they are not and its impossible, even if your a "hardcore" pvp player there will always be a day you log to game and you just want to chill and not be disturbed while questing or doing your raid/instance with your friends.
    i would prefer if it was a player getting a totem wich empowers him to be a god like in jebhal sag minigame with a buff wich lasts 10 minutes and killing him give loads of xp and tokens, or would be extra sweet to gank a gm or game director himself, and that would be player vs player not stalking pve'rs.

btw in pve servers those bosses had such huge amount of people that if they try and repeat them they realy need to re-evaluate player allowed per instance numbers some of those bosses had over 120 people atacking them, this is overly true for khemi its was unplayable even for people with highest quality rigs.

Damage was done a long time ago. I would even sign "taking away" all PvP exp anyone get from sacrificies made there (because I wouldn't lose more than few tousand pvp xp points which is nothing for my character). It is pretty much dead content anyway and if anyone feels like missing on some PvP action just to dig their PvP levels I don't mind. A lot of level 10 people get their exp, aa's and shiny gear there so why newcomers should be without that possibility?
    its a landmark of how bad a pvp objective can be with bori, they could just change body parts dropping from players to be the sacrifice material and it would be pvp content.
    do they do it despite it has been sugested over and over again for years????
    i dont believe in pvp lvl's or pvp armors anymore, i think everyone joining a pvp instance should get forced upon him all aa's available and pvp armor, not the pvp armors/weapons we have today but revamped ones so soldiers/healers have stats similar to current t3 pvp ones and mages/rogues have some hybrid of stats in t3pvp armos and pve t4 armors so they are balanced for all archetypes to be able to deliver to play classes to the fullest.
    that would bring back players who left and retain new players to pvp.

It seems that so called PvPers prefer big alliances than having war with real opponent so who cares.
    we are human denying that we will always cooperate and ally to obtain greater advantages is what made us evolve to eficient hunters.
    in hyboria ffa objectives failed a bit, a semi faction integration could prove to deliver better overall system to promote hostilities bettewen people.
    i was not only one thinking that kithai failed big time when it didnt bring any faction pvp quests against guilds/individuals of oposing factions.
    would have been great if guilds had to a set of factions to be friendly, with option to change but i think pve toke over and they didnt want to generate too much uncorfort and complexity wich would possibly influence raid and instances grouping in rather unpredictable ways.

System was made because people were crying that they are ganked by higher levels and when taking quests etc. I wouldn't say that it is really something that bothers me.
    what was asked was shield of risen to people delivering quests.
    what was delivered was guards wich quicly people lernt to exploit with lowbies atacking higher lvl's and people runing with dots to guards, personaly i always keept great hatred for the criminal system wich doesnt only not work it destroies squirmichs in great pvp spots like pin pin tarantia commons and so many other spots.

How can you talk about class balancing when every class can shine? And every class can be played so it looks like it is the worst class ever...There is to much diffrent factors - gear, aa's, skill, buffs from other classes, heals, latency etc. I like all the classes in AoC and it was long time ago when I said last time that some class is OP or UP.
    some class abilities are very overpowerd and unbalanced, while an "up" class can be deadly in the right hands doesnt change that class tweaking and balancing should be a never ending process.
    so many class abilities stand out as blatantly unfair like retaliation, stall the advance, lotus overload, flesh to worms, taking the shot, waves of flame, light of path pom perk, etc.

It was mentioned even in this letter that they are still working on unchained minis.
    that was the positive part of the letter i didnt spoke of sounds great that they will make just 1 single type of minigame for it to work, hope they fix pvp gear/weapons in the process so they are good for pvp because for some archtype/classes pve gear is only option given pvp gear is so poor.
    wont be easy its might complex to balance 12 classes and some classes could even maybe have 2 different options of pvp gear.
    for example dt right now in pvp gear has only 1 option heavy armor with basic tanking stats, should be possible to have a light armor set for pvp with dt in the lines of tos/pom pvp set.
    while in tsw you join pvp you get to choose 3 types of gear if i recall right, in aoc could become reasonable to have 2 different sets for each class, might sound like 24 sets, but would be less sets due to archetype nature.

And why would they do that if PvP is mostly about one step combos or instant abilities these days? And still some people complain that it is too hard...
    i firmly believe a full dodge mechanic would make pvp more fun and competitive and overall even more skill based.

It failed because most of PvPers had their fun for a while and than left when grinding and PvE begun. And that's gonna be the point of new server: "have fun for couple days and than go back to your usual".
    b&g servers fail because they have no extra pvp mechanics not even a simple import of pyre/body part system wich is only good pvp system ever made by funcom and yet they refuse to implement it everywhere in open world.
    also i cant say this enough players dropping all their gold is hige mistake wich makes player economics a bad joke and makes players make second account to store money(wich is what most did on that server)

Let me get this straight, you are talking about this gap between new players and veterans, about competitive PvP and than you can't leave your shiny characters for a couple days of fun? Well, your choice.
    i have 12 chars and 12 char slots even if i want to join race i wont buy an extra slot just for 2-3 weeks lvling up event.
    i rather play my main chars and keep enjoying playing them, even with 12 chars dont mean i enjoy them all some are just for testing purposes.

you say that you care about PvP, but somehow I don't see that in your negative attitude.
    if game director bothers to fix gamebreaking bugs, ban all third party abusers and fix geometry in minigame maps wich should come first before lvling to 80 events maybe i would be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZXAA...fn2hw&index=10 linking boobs teaching japanese
    Last edited by noite80; 6th September 2013 at 12:32.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    yay fightclubing will be reinvented! WOOHOO!!

As if pvp level say anything about skill. they just show, that you farmed a lot of ppl, mostly likely your guildmates or some low level char on you free account in this race.
    Good job man, that tells a lot about you, I wouldn't even think that fightclubing or killing my guildmates for pvp xp is an option. I guess everyone is diffrent, but at least some of us are honest and don't need unfair "tricks" to have fun.

@Farlorn

If you bother to read or even scroll at least couple pages of this thread you would have all the answers you need. There will be crafting, there will be new pvp map and there will be new raid.

@SelfRez

No matter what, every part of community deserve their portion of new contet.

@xiulo88

Just look for some kind guy who will explain you basics, a little bit of practice and you are good to go

@ViolentLeonidas

I know what you mean, I never said I like them bugs and I'm often annoyed that there is a lot of small bugs which were reported hundred times and still never fixed. I guess mods should make new sticky thread so we can again report these bugs and hope that this time someone notice them. No need to hate Joel for that though.

@Frezard

In the long run it might greatly increase population on B&G server.