Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – August 2013

As Jaedelya said, it might actually be interesting
    IF you have a free charslot
    IF you just want to enjoy new low level pvp and completely ignore the "race" aspect
    IF you see it as a short term event that is given as a free bonus
    IF actually new rules based on suggestions are implemented and tested in such "events"...

Still questions come up, like "are we required to restart for each new event or test run with a new char?" or "what happens with the chars after the event?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    When it stops being enjoyable, I stop doing it.
    That's EXACTLY what the 900,000+ people that have already bailed did. 1,000,000 boxes sold from the store for the pvp orientated AoC. Maybe 25,000 active players now in the pve(grind) orientated.

Math does not lie.

What people want is the pvp orientated brutal game of AoC that was advertised and promised. Just be honest that will not happen, and let the memories rest in peace.

No I am not. The resources are not the ones on my team.

To be honest, so far the community seems more angry about the time-to-implement rather than successful/unsuccessful actions.
    People liked the anniversary. People like the dungeon we have added. It's not about quality, it is quantity people are raging about. Quantity is harder to do with a smaller team.

It's an event. It is being run on a new server so people have equal footing. When the event is over, the server will be removed. It's not a new, permanent server. Running it on the old server would be impractical.

If you aren't interested in the event, you are not forced to do it? The idea is to have fun. Imagine whitesands the day the event starts. If you enjoy a good pvp brawl, you will be there, even if you are not trying to win the competition.

So you want PvP achievements and rewards for said achievements? You have seen my actual comments about these things *in this very thread* right? Short version - this doesn't affect that.
    People are angry because its been almost 5 month since you've mentioned - Merge, Revamps- Unchained minis.

Yet during those 5 months nothing was done about them, only think you've done was releasing yet ANOTHER PVE dungeon. Seriously. After 5 months you then release a letter saying everything was delayed because of "moving" and the best part is asking the community what rule set and suggestions for "unchained mini" REALLY? what the heck have you been doing the past 5 months? And you got the nerves to blame the community for being angry?

The problem with funcom for the past 5 years is that they make up whatever excuse they can to not admit they were wrong.

Just admit it, you were wrong, you made mistakes took the game in wrong direction, failed to be on schedule by almost 5 months. If you at least just admit that and stop with the stupid excuses a lot of people would be happier.

N
    It's an event. It is being run on a new server so people have equal footing. When the event is over, the server will be removed. It's not a new, permanent server. Running it on the old server would be impractical.

If you aren't interested in the event, you are not forced to do it? The idea is to have fun. Imagine whitesands the day the event starts. If you enjoy a good pvp brawl, you will be there, even if you are not trying to win the competition.

Then what the heck is the point of the event? This is a giant "F you" event to the pvp community?
    This is a huge slap in the face.

Imagine this, creating a PVE event, race to 80 getting all kinds of gear stats and boom take all away at the end?

Who the hell thinks of these events?
    Who the hell do you think even will play this event? Especially since the B&G servers are dead AND you are removing the server After the event... WTF

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    That's EXACTLY what the 900,000+ people that have already bailed did. 1,000,000 boxes sold from the store for the pvp orientated AoC. Maybe 25,000 active players now in the pve(grind) orientated.

Math does not lie.
    Sigh, you are talking to the guy who has all the numbers.

Have a good evening everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    Just admit it, you were wrong, you made mistakes took the game in wrong direction, failed to be on schedule by almost 5 months. If you at least just admit that and stop with the stupid excuses a lot of people would be happier.
    I never gave a schedule for any of those things (except the merge which is the thing I have apologized for).

Also have a good evening.
    Last edited by Nusquam; 5th September 2013 at 20:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post

Math does not lie.
    Sigh, you are talking to the guy who has all the numbers.
    Sigh...FC still thinks hundreds of thousands of people still playing...

I think the 25,000 Loaf estimates is generous on what the pop of all servers actually is.
    Last edited by Kellaxe; 5th September 2013 at 21:04.

wow what an uproar!
    Ok so...
    What all of y'all are getting your knickers in knots for is that there is an EVENT coming. Seems that could potentially be a fun thing. A couple of weeks of carnage in low level open world pvp without dungeons. Questing, sure, but with all the gankers squading and hunting i guess it will be a bit of a hassle yes? PvP even?

It isn't a permanent thing, you are not supposed to get to PvP lvl 10 and full T4.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

No I am not. The resources are not the ones on my team.

So you want PvP achievements and rewards for said achievements? You have seen my actual comments about these things *in this very thread* right? Short version - this doesn't affect that.
    wish you good luck with the event, I hope it will attract some new ppl, hardly believe in that, but Id rather be wrong. If thats for free as you said, thats great.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkJiuJitsu View Post
    LOL well put. Nusquam 1, negative unhappy troll 0.
    unhappy troll=dissapointed customer who is not active player nowadays but still checks forums because would like to come back to this game. If I would be trolling I would be just showing my frustration while I already made few simple suggestions which I hope may be useful and realistic, Im still part of this community and would like to help improving game, forums are not only for psycho fans but also for ppl who would like to improve few things here and there, with all the respect to others. Im not blaming anyone just to blame, just showing my point of view and possible solutions. I can admit that Joel is right here - if thats for free and few players may be interested in - why not try? I hardly believe in things that are for free but he is the boss and he knows the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by newagepaladin View Post
    Just fix floating sword bug and invisible horse bug and the game will be geat ;D They are bothering players for more then 5 years now
    No they are not, it is easy to fix by player and would be waste of time from devs.

It would be stupid to waste time on irrelevant things

Quote Originally Posted by Muffz View Post
    I'm glad you enjoyed the video.
    Man i really hope to meet you in Fury after merge. There is too many wussies which needs some fighting