Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor FPS in raids

Default Poor FPS in raids

Hi guys i have a problem with my fps when i enter any raid (24 player), the game starsts laging and glitching and fps drop bellow 20 but on normal world everything works great just few glitches at Old Tarantia and Khemi ditrict.
    I run game on 1680*1050 res with raid/pvp settings also anisotropic and antialiasing is off and i have turned off all visual effects i could find in game video options (water,wind,shadows and so)
    my spec is:
    cpu :Intel e8400(4GHZ)
    vga: gtx 560 Ti
    ram: 5Gb
    hdd: ssd corsair force gt 128 Gb (OS) and WD Black 1Tb where game is installed
    all drivers are up to date

You need to limit or completly disable particle effects, they are the main power sink in large fights.

Put AoC folder to SSD, fastens game like 1000%

It's just particles that kill your FPS and well, you can't see what you're doing and it's just horrible to have them on in raids anyway. All you need is the world particles left on, turn the spell particles off or set them to yourself only.

Video Option --> Advanced --> Particles --> "Limit spell effect particles to" [Myself] or, [Don't show anything]

I run raids with maxed particles and with 40fps even on Snake boss in w1

That is not a very fast video card, but make sure that you limit particles to yourself in raid and that the Nvidia Control Panel (with the newest Nvidia drivers) settings are at their defaults (changing them may decrease the performance drastically).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

With a card like this isn't it a better solution to put anisotropic at max. That's a setting I don't mess with for a long time now, and the few times I did actually it perform better at max with correct graphic cards.
    I'm talking about games in general, for AOC I see no difference in performance while touching this setting (GTX 570 here)

This is mostly CPU related and yes it's the particles. When I oc my sandy bridge to 4.5+ghz I can do raids with maxed settings at 30+fps otherwise at stock it drops a bit (to about 20 or so). Given that an e8400 is even slower it's kinda normal.

Worth mentioning that before Dreamworld revamp my e8400 was giving 30+ fps in raids with maxed settings though :/
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

thanks guys for quick answers, disabling particles did improve fps it's around 25-28 also i have returned everything in nvidia drivers to default settings, game still lags a bit on some areas but at least now i can play normal

Make sure that no browsers are running on the background and that you have downloaded all areas and all texture packs (both high and low) in the patcher as well! (You have to select that manually and apply).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast