Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor FPS in raids

How can you have 5GB of ram? 3x1GB+1x2GB? 2x2GB+1GB?

E8400 is a dual channel ram processor and you should definitely have pairs of the same type of ram installed. I suspect you have a typo there though and you mean 8GB (4x2GB) which was normal to have in a computer built around the time when E8400 was new.

I have the same system as you except a Radeon HD7950. It does get laggy from time to time for me as well, but disabling the ingame anti aliasing and using Sweet FX antialiasing helped a lot for increasing my frames per second. Also, it felt a lot smoother when I put the game on my SSD rather than where it was first, on a 7200rpm HDD.

As Kalston pointed out in some other thread, you can make a HDD much faster at reading data if you short-stroke it. Some info about this right here.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=183372&page=8

Shax, I think they can run in the single-channel mode as well, inasmuch as Hewlett-Packard is selling 5GB machines with that CPU. My other machine is E7200, and I am sure that I can run it with only one stick of memory (but I have 2x2GB there instead).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Yeah you can have 1gb, 3gb or 5gb etc but then you lose the dual channel performance boost (doubled bandwidth). Not that RAM performance makes a big difference but it's still not a good idea In fact going for a dual channel setup would very probably give you a bit more fps, hadn't noticed that in the OP.
    Last edited by kalston; 13th September 2013 at 12:32.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Regardless of technical specs and ability to raid with full particles.. I like to see what I'm doing which is made impossible when there's 8 spellweaving casters full particles around me

Agree with Hersch, my rig can easily handle full particles in raid but my eyes! argh they're burning

But on a serious note, dropping particle settings will improve raid fps and getting your memory running on dual channel will also help.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    The world we know is cold and hard; the weak shall be trampled underfoot and the strong will march forward to glory.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12