Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Bring on that Monthly Letter

Just for the record:

The PvP crowd complaining here is not representative for the current player base.

Also, it's weird to hear people tell how their whole guild left the game several years ago... but apparently having an active account.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    When are people going to realize this is a pve game?
    unfortunately this is true.
    But what makes Aoc different from any other MMo was the pvp side. mouvements, combos, skill based gameplay.
    All this awesome experience as a player does not exist in PVE. It just looks like any other MMO, you stand still in front of a big thing and hit. I'm not saying pve is not challenging, but the challenge is about coordination between team, it has nothing to do with players skill.
    So yeah, some people would love to have a glimpse of the old days, where pvp was the core of this game. it is not anymore that's for sure.but don't blame them from being nostalgic. this used to be a pvp game and became a pve one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandrah View Post
    unfortunately this is true.
    But what makes Aoc different from any other MMo was the pvp side. mouvements, combos, skill based gameplay.
    All this awesome experience as a player does not exist in PVE. It just looks like any other MMO, you stand still in front of a big thing and hit. I'm not saying pve is not challenging, but the challenge is about coordination between team, it has nothing to do with players skill.
    So yeah, some people would love to have a glimpse of the old days, where pvp was the core of this game. it is not anymore that's for sure.but don't blame them from being nostalgic. this used to be a pvp game and became a pve one.
    So Pve in Aoc is nothing but Tank and spank?? lols, guess you never made it past chatha...
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Just for the record:

The PvP crowd complaining here is not representative for the current player base.

Also, it's weird to hear people tell how their whole guild left the game several years ago... but apparently having an active account.
    Exactly!

With all the problems Funcom have had (still has?) I seriously hope that FC is looking at game stats rather than the usual 20 pvp'ers crying 24/7 on theses forums.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    So Pve in Aoc is nothing but Tank and spank?? lols, guess you never made it past chatha...
    I'm not saying that mate, i'm saying that the mecanics that make aoc gameplay unique are not used in pve. so pve wise, this game looks like any other mmo to me.
    still requires coordination, discipline, tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandrah View Post
    I'm not saying that mate, i'm saying that the mecanics that make aoc gameplay unique are not used in pve. so pve wise, this game looks like any other mmo to me.
    still requires coordination, discipline, tactics.
    Damn I never used combos while tanking... maybe that's why my aggro is bad? :-(
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Any merge soon ?
    We will be Serious after death.

Quote Originally Posted by nedbee View Post
    Damn I never used combos while tanking... maybe that's why my aggro is bad? :-(
    if you're a Dt you're not a tank anymore, you're dps ^^.
    well no need to argue anymore,I don't want all the pve community to jump at my throat.
    May the gods of loot be with you all.

Pve in Aoc is no dif than any other pve game out there.
    Now pvp on the other hand in AOC is nothing like any game out there and thus is why pvpers like AOC and are fighting to get to back.

And if under your Name it says PVE on the threads please stop making comments about pvp.

If you where not here for 1.05 and not part of any pvp guilds then you have no idea how it affected pvp guilds and yes alot of them left.
    Just becouse a couple players are still here or come back does not mean the whole guild came back.

Quote Originally Posted by Scythie View Post
    PvP is exactly the same. You run around kill some, die some and half the time you win or lose. There are no stories, no value in it.

PvP lack of development makes people identify PvP with minigames.

PvP (Player vs Player) means every kind of competition against other human players, not machines.

The story and context in AoC PvP depends in the work and dedication of Funcom developers.

PVE: Get skilled and coordinated with other players to beat an Artificial Intelligence program.

PVP wars: Get skilled and coordinated with other players to beat another group of skilled and coordinated players.

Between those 2 options, wich one you think is more fun?

Last edited by nikepilas; 5th September 2013 at 14:35.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast