Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: tali tanking

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    I don't really have combo rotations for anything except carnage conq which has 3 combos rotated endlessly...

Best damage combos are top 3 ranks of Life Leech. After that the two ranks of ASFOF and the top BFA with 2 steps. If you space it out right you should barely ever have to use two ranks of BFA, however it is a final filler if nothing else is up. DT is a 'bland' class IMO in that it plays itself - just rotate combos with no tricks and hey presto you win at everything.
    Did i understand well? Life Leech does more damage than BFA? Are you sure? How?
    Last edited by xiulo88; 19th September 2013 at 09:07.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Did i understand well? Life Leech does more damage than BFA? Are you sure? How?
    More hits in a shorter time = more procs.

Duration lasts longer so the +DPS on combo finisher is better.

Just my observation but BFA is meh.

Yep, I think you are right.With this build and the t3.5 gear from test server. Hiting an strawman LLVI+BFAIV+LLV+BFAIV+LLIV+BFAIV until the strawman disapears I got:23,162 from BFAIV and 25141 from LL ( 9,397 from LLVI+8,680 from LLV+7,064 from LLIV). And in the char of teste server i dont have any point in empowered LL but i have 5 point in empowered BfA.

Interesting....

http://goo.gl/GQq3HX
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Yep, I think you are right.With this build and the t3.5 gear from test server. Hiting an strawman LLVI+BFAIV+LLV+BFAIV+LLIV+BFAIV until the strawman disapears I got:23,162 from BFAIV and 25141 from LL ( 9,397 from LLVI+8,680 from LLV+7,064 from LLIV). And in the char of teste server i dont have any point in empowered LL but i have 5 point in empowered BfA.

Interesting....

http://goo.gl/GQq3HX
    You shouldn't give up shadowed soul.

This is very surprising to me and given you did just over 1800 on a strawman it should be surprising to you too. I would guess that you are doing selective parsing differently (may I say incorrectly?).
    He's probably talking about all 4 merged, if CCs are fail and you have move the boss, DPS gets a little gimped.

I don't really have combo rotations for anything except carnage conq which has 3 combos rotated endlessly...

Best damage combos are top 3 ranks of Life Leech. After that the two ranks of ASFOF and the top BFA with 2 steps. If you space it out right you should barely ever have to use two ranks of BFA, however it is a final filler if nothing else is up. DT is a 'bland' class IMO in that it plays itself - just rotate combos with no tricks and hey presto you win at everything.
    If you're speccing Touch of Death, then you should have a very specific rotation.

I don't spec anything down the Shadowed Soul line or use any terrible wisdom accessories, and parse up to 2441 single-target solo-tanking Zodiac, obviously with group buffs.

Solo on Strawman and Shadowed Soul with useless wisdom gear, my high-score is 2552. Rotation makes a difference, imo.
    ╔═╗╦╗╦╗╔╦╦╕╔╗╔╗╔
    ╟═╢╟╢╟╢╫──╢╟╢╟╬╢
    ╨└╨╨╜╨╜╙╜─╨╙╜╨╙╜

Quote Originally Posted by geNius- View Post
    If you're speccing Touch of Death, then you should have a very specific rotation.

I don't spec anything down the Shadowed Soul line or use any terrible wisdom accessories, and parse up to 2441 single-target solo-tanking Zodiac, obviously with group buffs.

Solo on Strawman and Shadowed Soul with useless wisdom gear, my high-score is 2552. Rotation makes a difference, imo.
    almost exactly the same, 2442 solo tanking zodiac with selective parsing

apparently different strokes for different folks works

if you have retained/recorded the logs from when I was helping SR do the T3 craft on one particular parse I was holding 1800 DPS in defensive stance on Hathor Ka until the final 10% when I died (qq). I'm a huge believer in magic damage accessories as the extra mitigation after the threshold is meh and the DPS is fantastic. I'm not short sighted enough that the next time I do T4 I will mess around with physical accessories and see how it feels

btw ToD is such a pitiful damage contributor it's just a minor benefit to add to work down to Unholy Strength
    Last edited by Boesch; 18th October 2013 at 08:14.

You can pull the points out of sustained rage too.

It does near to nothing and can be considered a broken feat.

reason 1. the dps u gain is the same amount if u have 1 more point in corrupt weapon
    (so 5 in sustained rage = 1 point in corrupt weapon)

reason 2. the 15 % extra weapon damage is only based on the base damage which means it will infact not give 15 % in weapon damage.
    (it's easy to check if u have a weapon with 100 in weapon damage u should gain 15 extra with it specced but u will not, so either it is bugged or the dps gain is not based on weapon damage despite what the tool tip says.)

@geNius what in your opinion/experience is better to take when you pull the 11 points out of Touch of Death, unholy strength and shadowed soul?

Shadowed Soul is decent, but not really worth the 10pts it takes to get there. ToD is a useable increase in DPS, but requires a different rotation than is typically efficient for every other build.

You're almost better off just going to Ether Leech so you can do more than whine about Coalesce Ether.

To each his own, but in my opinion, more than 2 ranks of LL is a waste of your time.
    ╔═╗╦╗╦╗╔╦╦╕╔╗╔╗╔
    ╟═╢╟╢╟╢╫──╢╟╢╟╬╢
    ╨└╨╨╜╨╜╙╜─╨╙╜╨╙╜

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    You can pull the points out of sustained rage too.

It does near to nothing and can be considered a broken feat.

reason 1. the dps u gain is the same amount if u have 1 more point in corrupt weapon
    (so 5 in sustained rage = 1 point in corrupt weapon)

reason 2. the 15 % extra weapon damage is only based on the base damage which means it will infact not give 15 % in weapon damage.
    (it's easy to check if u have a weapon with 100 in weapon damage u should gain 15 extra with it specced but u will not, so either it is bugged or the dps gain is not based on weapon damage despite what the tool tip says.)

@geNius what in your opinion/experience is better to take when you pull the 11 points out of Touch of Death, unholy strength and shadowed soul?
    Sustained rage works perfectly on my guard, it adds EXACTLY the damage you would expect from a % weapon damage thing. It should work fine for other soldiers too (doesn't necessarily make it useful for DTs, though )

Re-did the test 5 mins ago to be sure.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast